Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 12:53   #316
BHPian

Re: Review: My new Chevrolet Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Do you have your own tyre air pump? If so, how much does it cost ?
Well no Actually I fill the air in the petrol pump myself and do not take the help of the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
My car is running on original ECU Setting.
salbin, informaha and KreativeGeek's cars are running on remapped ECU.
So a change in ECU settings does not affect mileage?
Old 15th February 2011, 14:11   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
So a change in ECU settings does not affect mileage?
I am also trying to find out whether ECU setting affect mileage, that's why I put lot of questions on FE on this forum. I have run my car on both the settings and I observed a drop in FE with remapped ECU, but that was when my car didn't complete 5000 km mark. I am constantly checking FE of my car after 5000 km mark. In city traffic of Udaipur car is returning ~ 15.5 kmpl without AC and recently on four laned National Highway No. 8 between Udaipur and Himmatnagar I recorded FE of 21.62 kmpl without AC (205 km/9.48l, speed < 80 kmph, rpm <= 2200). As it was quite cold here in Udaipur I couldn't check FE with the usage of AC. I will soon check the FE with AC and will post my observations.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:18   #318
Senior - BHPian

As far as I have spoken to people at the service center, the clearly told me that no change will be witnessed in the mileage post the remap. Though mine did not require it as it came with the new settings already.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:35   #319

Hi..
Great looking Car. And sorry to hear abt the Cracked panel. Yeah it feels bad when things like this happen to the Car...
Old 15th February 2011, 21:06   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
I will soon check the FE with AC and will post my observations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Though mine did not require it as it came with the new settings already.
Thanks guys, please let us know about the mileage difference post the remap (or if your car came with the new settings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin View Post
Hi..
Great looking Car. And sorry to hear abt the Cracked panel. Yeah it feels bad when things like this happen to the Car...
Thanks mate, well I did not lose sleep over the damages done to my car, after all they can be repaired, sulking over them wont bring the damages back, guess life is like that
Old 15th February 2011, 22:51   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Do you have your own tyre air pump? If so, how much does it cost ?
Quad,
I am having an air pump/compressor and a solar powered digital pressure gauge.
Both are from ebay.in.
Compressor ~INR1000/- and digital pressure gauge ~INR600/-.
Compressor is also having an analogue pressure gauge.
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-11.jpg
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-untitled.jpg
Now I am maintaining 32-33psi.

Quote:
Thanks guys, please let us know about the mileage difference post the remap (or if your car came with the new settings)
You can see my FE log here(pre and post ECU remap):
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2230954
Old 15th February 2011, 22:54   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Quad,
I am having an air pump/compressor and a solar powered digital pressure gauge.
Both are from ebay.in.
Compressor ~INR1000/- and digital pressure gauge ~INR600/-.

Hey salbin, since quad dude asked me if I have my own air pump, I bought one sometime back from SPAR and its the same one as yours and costs 1 buck cheaper than yours

Yet to use it though, I guess I would need a digital pressure gauge as the analog wont display an accurate number!
Old 20th February 2011, 22:59   #323
BHPian

I cleaned the AC filter and air filter today. Boy the AC filter was black as hell! Had used many rounds of detergent water and rinsed with running water. Lot of black soot drained out when washed with detergent. Now the AC blower blows air effectively. I'm yet to install the air filter as its quite wet and will keep it for another day in the sunlight for drying! Do you guys check and clean filters on your own?
Old 21st February 2011, 00:28   #324
Senior - BHPian

I always clean my air filters, but have not done so for the ac filters as yet. Did you manage to take pics of the work. Post it if you have. for the ac filter
Old 21st February 2011, 06:40   #325
BHPian

Quote:
I cleaned the AC filter and air filter today. Boy the AC filter was black as hell! Had used many rounds of detergent water and rinsed with running water. Lot of black soot drained out when washed with detergent. Now the AC blower blows air effectively. I'm yet to install the air filter as its quite wet and will keep it for another day in the sunlight for drying! Do you guys check and clean filters on your own?
Any pictures will be of immense help. I do not even know where the air filter is.
Old 21st February 2011, 07:40   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cleaned the AC filter and air filter today. Boy the AC filter was black as hell! Had used many rounds of detergent water and rinsed with running water. Lot of black soot drained out when washed with detergent?
Did the manual have instructions for cleaning? not all filters are washable with water.
Old 21st February 2011, 09:37   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Did you manage to take pics of the work. Post it if you have. for the ac filter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsramkee View Post
Any pictures will be of immense help. I do not even know where the air filter is.
Sorry guys could not take pics as my hands were really dirty doing the job, I keep my camera phone out of limits while playing with water or dirt as once it accidentaly fell from my pocket into the drainage while washing the car mats. I saved it though with rice therapy

ramkee, the air filter is situated behind the glove box. You need to disconnect the glove box and right above the blower fan assembly, there is a slim rectangular lid, remove this and the AC filter can be seen slotted in its drawer, slide it out, its as simple as that. Let me know if you managed to locate it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Did the manual have instructions for cleaning? not all filters are washable with water.
I did not read the manual to be honest, but by the looks of soot and dirt on the filter I would not doubt that they can resist water too, after all its an AC filter, it is able to handle moisture.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:21   #328
BHPian

I've done it 4months back. Its as simple as Alston said. Just remove the glove box (only after reading the manual, else you may break the glove box hinge) There you can see the filter compartment. I didn't washed it, instead used the vacum cleaner for sucking and blowing off the excess dust from that. Now A/c is back to its original chilling condition. Its worth to try once in a while depends on the driving conditions.

This was before cleaning:

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-pb281784a.jpg

After Cleaning:

Here's the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2160705

Last edited by sajjt : 21st February 2011 at 10:25.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:40   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I've done it 4months back. Its as simple as Alston said. Just remove the glove box (only after reading the manual, else you may break the glove box hinge) There you can see the filter compartment. I didn't washed it, instead used the vacum cleaner for sucking and blowing off the excess dust from that. Now A/c is back to its original chilling condition. Its worth to try once in a while depends on the driving conditions.

Here's the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2160705

thanks for the info and pics sajit. Well, my filter was 3 times dirtier than yours and it had a small amount of fine leaves too, thats because I park it under a tree in office
Old 21st February 2011, 14:46   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Yes, the manual have instruction for cleaning air filter. It is not washable, it is to be cleaned only with compressed air.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks