Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 11:54   #46
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
I second to that buddy! Cheers!

Thanks for your wishes bro! I clean her daily before leaving for office on her. Not a speckle crosses my eye

Use a microfiber cloth- high quality one if you are not using already. IF you can get someone to carry a California Duster from the US- then get that for sure. There is a local made- Jopasu duster, check the thread on that
Avoiding scratches is a very important thing- using improper cloth will lead to many scratches in 6 months.
Also on the glass, do not use improper cloth. Just my 2 cents man.
Old 18th March 2010, 22:20   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJANGO View Post
Lovely car, lovely color. Let me add my congratulations and best wishes along with those of the other BHPians who have already wished you. The color is definitely an eye grabber. Heres wishing you many many many happy miles of motoring, lots of great memories, and only smiles and smiles. It does not matter what you paid as long as you are happy with the purchase in your heart of hearts.
Many Thanks buddy! I seriously am happy! I am completely satisfied with my choice of car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the VFM buy buddy. The best part that skip a my heart BEAT is rear integrated spoiler.
How much is the price difference between LT & LT(O)? Is it only the airbags or any other features added to the variant?

Isn't the color is of some little Blue tint, that we get in CIVIC, NHC-ZX?

I hope you would have test driven any k-series eng to name Ritz & Swift, which one you found more rev happy?

Thanks bro! Yeah the spoiler is an eye grabber.

The price difference between LT and LT(O) is 55K. LT(O) comes with airbags, ABS and alloys as extra features.

I have not seen this colour on the civic but the Spark has it.

Never tried the K-series engine either. Might do it soon someday bro.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Use a microfiber cloth- high quality one if you are not using already. IF you can get someone to carry a California Duster from the US- then get that for sure. There is a local made- Jopasu duster, check the thread on that
Avoiding scratches is a very important thing- using improper cloth will lead to many scratches in 6 months.
Also on the glass, do not use improper cloth. Just my 2 cents man.

Thanks bro for your kind advice. At the moment I use a duster to puff out dust from the car. After that I use a soft chamois cloth to wipe the body and windows. I propose to wash the car every weekend and top it up with wax polish.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:39   #49

free accessories in Mumbai

congrats buddy. the beat colour really looks awesome outside.

I had a query though :
Does any one have experience about buying the beat in bombay, new bombay?
Where are the best deals?

Is it just bangalore that dealers are not giving freebies?
hope this is not a cross post.

thanks,
chevyHolic
Old 24th March 2010, 10:03   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyHolic View Post
congrats buddy. the beat colour really looks awesome outside.
===============
thanks,
chevyHolic
Thanks buddy! Are you contemplating on buying one?
Old 24th March 2010, 10:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats alstonlobo - Beat sure looks like a cool dude in misty lake!
Any reasons for this particular color?
Also - did any of your back seat passengers complain on the absence of the rear quarter glass and feel claustrophobic?
Is the boot as puny as mentioned in the reviews? or is it ok for day to day work?
Old 24th March 2010, 11:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats alstonlobo - Beat sure looks like a cool dude in misty lake!
Any reasons for this particular color?
Also - did any of your back seat passengers complain on the absence of the rear quarter glass and feel claustrophobic?
Is the boot as puny as mentioned in the reviews? or is it ok for day to day work?

Thanks blackasta!

I knew in advance that the Reds and Blues will be 'common' colours. I wanted to go for white but keeping it clean would be a big hassle. Black was never on my list since the colour accepts a lot of the sun's radiation. I liked the Lienen Beige but would prefer it if it was a few shades lighter. The display car I saw in the showroom was Misty Lake and though the colour dint floor me straightaway, I could analyse how the car would gleam in the sunlight and knew this was the colour I should go for though I was not 100% confident, I assumed the look of the car in sunlight and suprisinlgy, it turned out just the way I imagined!!

Regarding backseat, claustrophobic is not the word that would prevail once you are sitting there. The back seat gives you a more relaxed and lazy feel, making you feel cushioned in a coocoon! I had different people sitting in the back seat, sometimes all 3 seats occupied, yet nobody complained or whined (something I am really surprised about).

If boot space is a first priority then nobody would go for a hatchback. The question is, how many times is the boot required per day for day to day activities? The boot I would say is adequate but I dont use it anyways, except for storing miscellaneous items like dusting brush, windscreen shades, etc and since I am an office goer, I don't tend to use the boot at all so right now dint find any issue with it. The real testing time would be when I would have to pick up relativesd and their luggage from and airport or train station which again would be a one-off situation.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th March 2010 at 17:01. Reason: Post edited. Please use only two smilies per post. Thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 12:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks blackasta!

I knew in advance that the Reds and Blues will be 'common' colours. I wanted to go for white but keeping it clean would be a big hassle. Black was never on my list since the colour accepts a lot of the sun's radiation. I liked the Lienen Beige but would prefer it if it was a few shades lighter. The display car I saw in the showroom was Misty Lake and though the colour dint floor me straightaway, I could analyse how the car would gleam in the sunlight and knew this was the colour I should go for though I was not 100% confident, I assumed the look of the car in sunlight and suprisinlgy, it turned out just the way I imagined!!

Regarding backseat, claustrophobic is not the word that would prevail once you are sitting there. The back seat gives you a more relaxed and lazy feel, making you feel cushioned in a coocoon! I had different people sitting in the back seat, sometimes all 3 seats occupied, yet nobody complained or whined (something I am really surprised about).

If boot space is a first priority then nobody would go for a hatchback. The question is, how many times is the boot required per day for day to day activities? The boot I would say is adequate but I dont use it anyways, except for storing miscellaneous items like dusting brush, windscreen shades, etc and since I am an office goer, I don't tend to use the boot at all so right now dint find any issue with it. The real testing time would be when I would have to pick up relativesd and their luggage from and airport or train station which again would be a one-off situation.

Thanks ! I am actually lining up a few competitors to replace my dad's M800 (maybe later this year).
And you better restrict your smiley usage before the mods catch you!!
Old 24th March 2010, 12:54   #54
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro for your kind advice. At the moment I use a duster to puff out dust from the car. After that I use a soft chamois cloth to wipe the body and windows. I propose to wash the car every weekend and top it up with wax polish.
You are already well informed BTW what wax polish are you using?
Old 24th March 2010, 14:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ! I am actually lining up a few competitors to replace my dad's M800 (maybe later this year).
And you better restrict your smiley usage before the mods catch you!!
Point noted!

Quote:
You are already well informed BTW what wax polish are you using?
Hi bro, in fact the car is just 10 days old and have not bought a polish as its been polished by the dealer. In Mangalore we do not have much choices I believe when it comes to brands, Formula 1 is a common brand I have seen in supermarket racks and they are genuine cos I have seen online how the fake one is labeled. What do you recommend bro?

I use a few dabs of regular hair shampoo in a bucket of water (makes the car body smell great too)

My dad has given me an original leather chamois cloth (purchased in Dubai) to wipe the car and the results are awesome Chamois Leathers, Shammy Cloth & Chammy Towels with FREE UK P&P @ Performance Motorcare Products Ltd
Old 24th March 2010, 15:31   #56
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Point noted!

Hi bro, in fact the car is just 10 days old and have not bought a polish as its been polished by the dealer. In Mangalore we do not have much choices I believe when it comes to brands, Formula 1 is a common brand I have seen in supermarket racks and they are genuine cos I have seen online how the fake one is labeled. What do you recommend bro?

I use a few dabs of regular hair shampoo in a bucket of water (makes the car body smell great too)

My dad has given me an original leather chamois cloth (purchased in Dubai) to wipe the car and the results are awesome Chamois Leathers, Shammy Cloth & Chammy Towels with FREE UK P&P @ Performance Motorcare Products Ltd
Well- i recommend 3M or Meguiars- both are not easy to get in india- but if you can get them from dubai, use those as they are much superior to the rest. Hence they cost more also- but worth it
Shampoo!!! No man- that is NOT meant for cars. You must use a specialized car wash, shampoo has detergent, which is harmful to the car surface over a period of time.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Point noted!

Try getting waxpol products in buying in India. They are good for the price and you can safely aasume them to be genuine.
If you know someone in US, you can get meguiars / mothers / 3M products via them.
You can use amway/waxpol car wash - both are easily available. As mkh suggests, do not use hair shampoo.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:44   #58
BHPian

The car looks stunning. Great choice of color. I bet it will be the king on the roads soon. GM keep up the good work, you are rightly getting your first step towards the top.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Congrats alstonlobo,

Great car, can you also take us thro what were the decision criteria that led to choosing Beat..
Anyway, she is a hell of a looker. Keep revving.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:51   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Well- i recommend 3M or Meguiars- both are not easy to get in india- but if you can get them from dubai, use those as they are much superior to the rest. Hence they cost more also- but worth it
Shampoo!!! No man- that is NOT meant for cars. You must use a specialized car wash, shampoo has detergent, which is harmful to the car surface over a period of time.
Quote:
Try getting waxpol products in buying in India. They are good for the price and you can safely aasume them to be genuine.
If you know someone in US, you can get meguiars / mothers / 3M products via them.
You can use amway/waxpol car wash - both are easily available. As mkh suggests, do not use hair shampoo.
Point noted mkh and blackasta. Will have to do some shopping over the weekend on car care products. Shall keep you updated. I have posted some pics on the early morning bathing scene before the sun comes up, by the way
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image0439.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image0440.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image0441.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks