Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 20:00   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Love the color. I'm a big fan of this car and if not for strong opposition , unfortunately from family here in Chennai, would have gladly given up our Estilo for the BEAT. Enjoy your car!.

Thanks mate! Pray that your next car should be a Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
Love the Car, great choice.I see a chevy toy at the back. Wondering if they give the same toy in every car ? I also have the same teddy in m sparky.
Thanks buddy! That's the complimentary Chevy teddy. He's a mischevous brat doning the parcel tray of my car
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image0467.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 22:24   #92
BHPian

I thought I would include a pic of the car keys, remote and the complimentary keychain
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image0496.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2010, 16:26   #93
BHPian

Two pics from some 'off roading' with friends
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-img_0236.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-img_0238.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 17:39   #94
BHPian

She really looks cool. Any complaints so far? I am so looking forward to getting one (albeit its for the younger sis, but I dont think I am going to let her drive for a looong time).
Old 4th April 2010, 21:40   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
She really looks cool. Any complaints so far? I am so looking forward to getting one (albeit its for the younger sis, but I dont think I am going to let her drive for a looong time).

Not a hitch my friend. Runs as smooth as I drove it on day 1. Already clocked 900+ kms and due for a service next week.

How much is the waiting period in your area? Over here it is 3 months at the moment. In fact, the dealer has run out of LT model to show customers that mine was requested for display last week by the sales guy who also happens to be my friend and the customer liked the car and booked one too of the same colour
Old 4th April 2010, 22:13   #96
BHPian

One for the record!
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-beat.jpg  

Old 5th April 2010, 12:20   #97
BHPian

wow 3 months? I was told 2 weeks tops for the LT model in Mumbai (Asked a friend to inquire on my behalf). But after what you wrote, I doubt thats true. I hate it when they give unrealistic commitments. I just wish they told the truth and stick with it. Cuz if I really like the car then I will wait , false promises just make the whole new car buying sour. Will definitely confirm before booking (which should happen later this month hopefully).
Old 5th April 2010, 14:29   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
wow 3 months? I was told 2 weeks tops for the LT model in Mumbai (Asked a friend to inquire on my behalf). But after what you wrote, I doubt thats true. I hate it when they give unrealistic commitments. I just wish they told the truth and stick with it. Cuz if I really like the car then I will wait , false promises just make the whole new car buying sour. Will definitely confirm before booking (which should happen later this month hopefully).

When I booked the car in January, I was 'assured' that I would be get delivery in the first week of February. The whole month of February went by and still no news about it, frustrated, I planned to cancel my booking as early as possible. The dealer gave me the option of LS which would be decked up like an LT. I refused his offer and was serious with my cancellation. They got the message loud and clear and within a week my car was shipped and delivered and here I am

As mentioned somewhere in my previous post, now the waiting period is 3 months and that's confirmed. Seems like things have not changed for the better. I pity all the other Beat owners desperately waiting for their machine. Hardly seen many in my city.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:48   #99
Senior - BHPian

You have any idea what's holding up deliveries?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
You have any idea what's holding up deliveries?

A question that the dealer fails to answer. They say LS is available easily though the demand for LT is huge. Why can the factory produce LTs which are very high on demand then?

Considering 4000 cars are produced every month, 208 dealer locations, that works out to an average of 19-20 cars per dealer per month. Now if this math has to be believed, the question is, Where do the cars go?
Old 6th April 2010, 21:06   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Great Car, great Color. Beat has got such a masculine look.

Thanks Sid! I completely agree with you and so do all the Beat lovers!
Old 18th April 2010, 23:21   #102
BHPian

Guys my car has clocked 1300 kms and also done with her first free service and check up. Also got the collars installed for the rear suspension.

Recently did a little shopping for car care products and purchased car shampoo, carnauba wax polish, dashboard cleaner and tyre foam. Now my car gets the showroom look right at home.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:32   #103
BHPian

Do you notice any change after installing those "collars" ?
Old 19th April 2010, 11:33   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Do you notice any change after installing those "collars" ?
The rear suspension now feels 'muscular' and does damp the sound completely. In fact this works for me, I dont know about other users, what about you quad buddy?
Old 19th April 2010, 11:43   #105
BHPian

Ah, I haven't done my first servicing yet. Just completed 250kms. Will post a detailed review after that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks