Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 17:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation on the car! All it needs is some fixing to the dents and a 3M detailing treatment. Also think, it's right time to wrap leather considering the age of the fabrics.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Its raining used CIVIC's in T-BHP. 7.5L is a good deal. But you would've got checked with any SA before purchase. Anyways.

GTO pills works. 3 CIVIC's in a week. Lots more to see I guess.
Old 18th March 2010, 01:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the AT. Its a total ripper. Rev hard and drive safe. Put it in 1st gear and rev it till the redline. The sound and acceleration is awesome. Watchout though when you shift to 2nd on the paddle.

Did you get the 3M number? If so can you pass it along. Need to do the same for my Civic as well.

Good to know that the Goodyears have been treated well . One of mine is shredded and one is going bald with only 28K done. Am planning to change the tyres sometime soon. Wanna gang up?

The blue colour you have is not that common in Bangalore. Believe me there are plenty of whites in Bangalore especially modded ones. Halberno Red is the most common.

9.8 kmpl is a good mileage in the city. I only get 8 kmpl but hey I am not looking at mileage when I drive the Civic.

I got my leather done at Ovion. Stanley was too expensive. Ovion does a good job of it. Haven't had any problems in the last 3 yrs.
Old 18th March 2010, 09:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congratulation on the car! All it needs is some fixing to the dents and a 3M detailing treatment. Also think, it's right time to wrap leather considering the age of the fabrics.
Thanks. I hope 3M treatment would freshen things up. And leather would liven up the interiors.
Quote:
GTO pills works. 3 CIVIC's in a week. Lots more to see I guess.
I bought it first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Congratulations on the AT. Its a total ripper. Rev hard and drive safe.
Thanks!
Quote:
Did you get the 3M number? If so can you pass it along. Need to do the same for my Civic as well.
This link was passed to me by sammyboy. 3M India: Where to Buy. 3M treatment guys should be available at Honda ASCs. I am yet to call them.
Quote:
Good to know that the Goodyears have been treated well . One of mine is shredded and one is going bald with only 28K done. Am planning to change the tyres sometime soon. Wanna gang up?
I am contemplating on 16" alloys too. Would make sense to change both the rims and tyres together.

Quote:
9.8 kmpl is a good mileage in the city. I only get 8 kmpl but hey I am not looking at mileage when I drive the Civic.
I do not drive with mileage in mind. But I calculate the mileage after every fill. Had been a habit right from my Palio. My current FE is fine, considering that the Optra used to give me 8-9 kmpl.
Quote:
I got my leather done at Ovion. Stanley was too expensive. Ovion does a good job of it. Haven't had any problems in the last 3 yrs.
How much did it cost you? Do you have the pics posted somewhere?

Last edited by civic-sense : 18th March 2010 at 09:18.
Old 18th March 2010, 09:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations civic-sense. Thats a fine example you got there. These kind of delicious deals really make you wonder if you want to go for a brand new car. She looks great in the pictures. I would recommend you get new rubber since 40k is more or less the life on those tyres.

Drive safe and do update this thread regularly as you go on.
Old 18th March 2010, 23:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations civic-sense. Thats a fine example you got there.
Thanks!
Quote:
Drive safe and do update this thread regularly as you go on.
I would. Thanks for fixing the error (in the year).

ps: My 100th post!

Last edited by civic-sense : 18th March 2010 at 23:15.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:12   #37
BHPian

Added a GPS to my Civic yesterday. Bought a Grmin Nuvi from amazon USA for $100 and shipped it via a friend to India. Downloaded Garmin Mapsource City Navigator India NT 2009 beta from the internet via a torrent and installed. After a bit of trial and error, it worked.

Maps do not seem to be very detailed. In fact, all roads in Electronics City, Bangalore, where I live is missing. Yet to test it inside Bangalore city. Anyway, good for the cost incurred.

Most Viewed