Old 24th August 2011, 09:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: One more Fiat Punto MJD Emotion-1 Year Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
any update ?
how was the experience at prerana?
are the issues resolved now?
Has been a mixed bag. They did fix the beading and tightened the loose mud flap. But the rear creaking noise remains. They initially said that they had put some sealant between the joints. But I found it a bit difficult to buy. Anyways the sound still remains.

I was told to get the car in today but when I called today he said to bring it in tomorrow e.g Thursday. Now kind of tired of all this. Thinking of doing some research and doing it myself. I know its the boot lid which is making the noise. When I rub the inner latch of the boot from inside it makes the exactly same sound. Might as well ask that boot lock be changed.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

I had also observed the rear creaking noise sometimes .
By a lot a experiment and with advice from QA person who had visited from pune , we were able to locate the sound to the back seat being not set properly after
folding and putting back.Try to fold and them put back the seat once , it might make the sound disappear.The seat lock may also be defective or worn out.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:59   #93
BHPian

Had same issues with my Palio and I had tried re-setting all doors with no success. Suffered and cursed for couple of years and then came across an old hand who put some rags on the seat latches and..... no noise. So I guess you should try this as well.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:20   #94
Senior - BHPian

Some big events happened in the month of October 2011.
First and biggest event of all: I became father to a cute little baby girl.

This overshadowed the second important event: Punto completed 20000km on odo.
One more Fiat Punto MJD Emotion-1 Year Completed-30102011001.jpg

This milestone was reached when I was returning from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Somewhere near Anantpur I guess.

In Hyderabad I drove Figo diesel quite a bit in city traffic.
The 2nd gear takes some time to get used to. Does not have that pull which Punto has. Maybe it was a brand new car that's why. But once you get used to it its ok to drive.

And yes the engine loves to be revved.

The difference was ride and suspension. I am hoping that the owner of the new car forgot to reduce the air pressure in the tires which usually is around 40 in the delivered cars.

If that is not the case then I will give my thumbs down on suspension of Figo.

Also curve handing capability is not as strong as Punto. Does not hug the road that hard. Maybe once someone drives it for longer time one can get used to it. But I nearly drove into a divider.

Figo is not a bad car.
But not a good enough car to convert a Punto guy into buying one.

Right now I am driving around with a grin on my face. Grin remains when I go to fuel bunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I had also observed the rear creaking noise sometimes .
By a lot a experiment and with advice from QA person who had visited from pune , we were able to locate the sound to the back seat being not set properly after
folding and putting back.Try to fold and them put back the seat once , it might make the sound disappear.The seat lock may also be defective or worn out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Had same issues with my Palio and I had tried re-setting all doors with no success. Suffered and cursed for couple of years and then came across an old hand who put some rags on the seat latches and..... no noise. So I guess you should try this as well.
The issue stands resolved. I posted the resolution on the "Punto issues and niggles" thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-punto-21.html

Somewhere in the middle of the page you can find my post. With a hand made "photoo".

Talking of landmarks this is my 800th post.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 03:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

It is high time I updated this thread. The Punto is no longer with me. I moved out of the country. I sold it to my friend in year 2013. Yup 2013. Happy that it is in good hands. Last update I got about it was this month. My friend told me that despite the conditions of road in Bangalore, Punto is still going strong, thanks to its build. Other cars would have simply disintegrated. There have been niggles too. The glow lamp blew up. But Fiat guys graciously replaced it for free.

Right now my current ride is a 5 yr old Corolla.
It does what it has to do. Go from point A to B. And no niggles at all. Even in 5 year old car.
But Toyota is a Toyota. Punto is a Punto.

I see so many cars of different brands and I still see that none match the beauty of Old (not the new one) classic Punto. Aston Martin and Jaguar however are sweet too. But they are in a different price bracket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks