Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 11:38   #16
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, download2live, on becoming a proud owner of Fiat Punto. After driving my Fiat Linea for more than 5 k km, I can authoritatively state that you would enjoy driving your Fiat Punto like never before.

Old 17th March 2010, 12:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

congrats dude, quite a long post, nice write up

Quote:
But biggest setback was that 3yrs maintenance available on Spark was not available on Beat and Cruze at that time. Don’t about now
same story still!
Old 17th March 2010, 15:08   #18
BHPian

congrats

congrats,
one more punto on the forum.that too a red emotion once again.But i presume there are many e packs then emotion.right?congrats once again,and can we expect the car to have an alloy upgrade soon??

Vignesh
Old 17th March 2010, 17:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
congrats,
can we expect the car to have an alloy upgrade soon??
Do not see that happening anytime soon. If I feel let down by stock tires then only I will think about it.
Old 18th March 2010, 09:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. I'm sure you will get more attached as the time pass-by.

See if you can source the OE alloys that comes for the E+ model.
Need some interior pics as well.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

updates

Updates: Went to concorde showroom and got sunfilms and mudflaps done. Sunfilm was TATA premium sunfilm which they gave for 1000. Mudflaps were free.

Right rear wheel squeakish thunk noise going over a pothole:
General Technician did the usual. Oiling up the shockers. But sound did not go away. On consulting the FIAT engineers they said that vehicle will have to be be booked(read given to service station). And for that appointment has to be taken. Seems I am not the only one having this problem. Salesguy told that there was one more Punto. It was having similar noise in front wheel and the owner came back with vehicle next day itself. The car was fixed up in a day and returned. Any ideas as what could be wrong?
Old 18th March 2010, 23:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

This may sound bonkers, but do check whether the spare wheel is tightly mounted. Sometimes the spare wheel bounces when you encounter a rut and it may seem like suspension noise.

Just try putting a heavy load on the boot and take the car for a spin.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:05   #23
BHPian

@download2live , congrats mate on your new purchase . Very well written , down to earth , with due mentioning of the issues of a middle class family in India . I could relate to the things mentioned over here :-) ..Emotion happening lol .

One question , you wanted to buy emotion pack for its alloys and bigger tyres , why dont you check with some tyre walas in JC road on a deal for exchanging the tyres for 15" and if lucky you can get a stock Emotion pack alloy from them. ( sold by some1 who wanted to Pimp his E pack up !! ) .
If I am not wrong the delta in the amount that you would need to pay wouldnt be more than 22K
If gurus can shed more light on this , it shall be great .

Cheers again mate :-)
Old 19th March 2010, 15:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Sometimes the spare wheel bounces when you encounter a rut and it may seem like suspension noise.

Just try putting a heavy load on the boot and take the car for a spin.
Will check it out and let you guys know.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:49   #25
cLJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Updates: Went to concorde showroom and got sunfilms and mudflaps done. Sunfilm was TATA premium sunfilm which they gave for 1000. Mudflaps were free.

download2live , congrats man on your purchase. Punto on red looks gorgeous.

Does TATA have sunfilms? This is news to me.

CLJ
Old 19th March 2010, 22:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The answer will be I guess that I am a heart driven man. So is my wife. Life is short and hence if one likes something on should go for it.

GTO was bang on target when he said that Punto is a car you buy when you go with your heart and not head.
+100. You won't regret your decision in going by your heart. And I'm sure your highway drives will go up with the Punto ( given it's behaviour on the highways ), and the fact that it's a diesel.

Congratulations !
Old 21st March 2010, 04:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
download2live , Does TATA have sunfilms? This is news to me.

CLJ
Yup, It comes as Genuine Tata Accessories for indigo, manza etc. Quality is rather good (premium with 4 yrs warranty)
Old 21st March 2010, 07:07   #28
BHPian

Nice story and congrats on your new car.. how is the interiors? noticed any issues? keep us updated with the photos.
Old 27th March 2010, 09:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Nice story and congrats on your new car.. how is the interiors? noticed any issues? keep us updated with the photos.
Interiors are good if you ask me but then this is my first car so my judgement might not hold much water. But yes, i10 interiors are better since I have been driven around in it quite a bit.

The only issue till now is what I have already mentioned. A rather loud squeak in right rear wheel when it goes over small depressions in the road. Did some googling on Fiat Forums and found that its a rather common problem in puntos. 90% of time its the handbrake cable which needs to be lubricated. Anyways will take the car to dealership to get this issue fixed.
Old 27th March 2010, 12:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interiors are good if you ask me but then this is my first car so my judgement might not hold much water. But yes, i10 interiors are better since I have been driven around in it quite a bit.

The only issue till now is what I have already mentioned. A rather loud squeak in right rear wheel when it goes over small depressions in the road. Did some googling on Fiat Forums and found that its a rather common problem in puntos. 90% of time its the handbrake cable which needs to be lubricated. Anyways will take the car to dealership to get this issue fixed.
I'm eager to know if that is the reason. Somehow the handbrake being involved in any sort of a squeak seems improbable and counter-intuitive to me.

If that solves the problem, kindly share it with the rest of the forum. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks