Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 16:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

While the car is at dealership guys there are suggesting under-body treatment. Is it worth it for Punto given Bangalore climate? I feel already these things would have been taken care of in Factory itself.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
While the car is at dealership guys there are suggesting under-body treatment.
No, not needed.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

While the car is at dealership guys there are suggesting under-body treatment. Is it worth it for Punto given Bangalore climate? I feel already these things would have been taken care of in Factory itself.
I was suggested the treatment for my Punto and I denied it. I think I read somewhere - maybe it was the manual - that there's anti rust coating from the factory. Need to check it again though.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I'm eager to know if that is the reason. Somehow the handbrake being involved in any sort of a squeak seems improbable and counter-intuitive to me.

Problem fixed! It was a faulty rear right hand side shock absorber. They replaced it under warranty. They washed the car too.

If that solves the problem, kindly share it with the rest of the forum. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

No, not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I was suggested the treatment for my Punto and I denied it. I think I read somewhere - maybe it was the manual - that there's anti rust coating from the factory. Need to check it again though.
Did not opt for it. Thanks a lot guys. Will be posting interiors pics soon.
Old 30th May 2010, 17:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Ribbons were off on day one itself.

Team-BHP any ideas on the small problem i have?

"Small niggling problem:
I wonder if any owner has experienced this issue till now.
Punto is giving a rather loud squeak with a hint of thunk kind of noise in rear right wheel when passing over a pothole( to put in more precise words, narrow trenches dug cutting across the road and then half filled in a shabby manner). Funny thing is that the sound is not there when the wheel passes over a speed-breaker. "
friend i too is having similar but more pronounced problem .Whenever i passes any pothole or speedbreaker for that matter a loud thud is produced . I really dont know the reasons and may be visiting the agency in a couple of days .I think it may due to faulty shock absorber .Let see and do tell us how you got rid of it
Old 29th September 2010, 00:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

A small milestone

Yes. Crossed 5k mark.
Before you start preparations to lynch me for notching up this figure so late, please consider that this was my first car. And I did not know how to drive. And learning curve on this 1200 kg rather largish car has not been very flat for a person like me. But I am planning for some longish trips soon.

The experience with this car has been great.Few days ago me and my wife had a chat while I was driving. It was a common conclusion that if we had not got this car, everytime a Punto went by, we would have felt sorry.

Won't go into how car has matured, become smooth and so on. Cause its difficult. The car changes, slowly all around you. I can't really make out much difference. Its still as good as it was when I got her.
But we are Indians. Mileage? 17 in city without AC. I usually get more but I will put this figure to be on conservative side. But without AC. Remember that.

I still remember two strangers walking up and congratulating me on this car "Nice car buddy".
And the best one was actually by parking attendant. He said, "Saar, Jab mein emotion gaadi dekhta hoon to emotional ho jata hoon" (Sir when I see emotion car I go emotional).

Have also decided never to allow my petrol car driving friends to drive my car. They simply keep on revving it up without any reason. Use the torque guys. Use the torque.
Attached Thumbnails
One more Fiat Punto MJD Emotion-1 Year Completed-image0028.jpg  

Last edited by download2live : 29th September 2010 at 00:07.
Old 29th September 2010, 07:08   #37
BHPian

download2live, Congrats on your milestone. Having driven a FIAT as your first vehicle, you must be spoilt on the steering, build, handling and high speed poise. Crunch many more happy miles with your Punto.
Old 29th September 2010, 13:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
download2live, Congrats on your milestone. Having driven a FIAT as your first vehicle, you must be spoilt on the steering, build, handling and high speed poise. Crunch many more happy miles with your Punto.
Hey Thanks. Really speaking have not really found out how spoilt I am cause I have not driven other cars. But yes I do feel a difference in build when I sit in other cars. The way the doors close in Punto. Thats so so different. The sweet thud. Hmmmm.

I joined a driving school but that did not really work out for me to be honest. Real learning happened on Punto only. And it has been kind on me.

Last edited by download2live : 29th September 2010 at 13:22.
Old 29th September 2010, 13:30   #39
BHPian

Congrats on reaching 5000 Kms. Seems like I am on the same boat as you. Punto is my first car too and my mileage has been dismal so far. I've done only 1000 Kms so far. Plan to increase that mileage soon though .
Old 29th September 2010, 14:49   #40
BHPian

Hey your car must have been through with the first service. Any details about the same would be welcoming news to wannabe punters like me.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Hey your car must have been through with the first service. Any details about the same would be welcoming news to wannabe punters like me.
First real service happens after 1 year or 15k Kms, whatever is earlier.
At 3k or 3 months (correct me guys if I am wrong) they call you to just check if things are moving ok and for some top ups in case any fluid levels go down. In case some small niggles are there they sort it out.
Old 19th October 2010, 15:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

1200+ kms to and fro trip

Completed a trip from bangalore to hyderabad and back.
The car performed flawlessly. Most of the times the speed was 100+.
The car settles comfortably at a speed of 110 before you know it. At speeds of 125 to 130 I found the noise level to be rather high. Keeping the car at the best mileage speed of 80 proved impossible to me.
The trip avg with AC 100% times on was 18.5 kmpl.
Scraped the car on some high bumpers. Got it hoisted to see the damage. Kudos to FIAT engineering. Saw only the engine guard plate scraped.
And its very very difficult to make out the speed car is doing. My Brother-in-law gets backache on long trips. But he said that he did not have any problems throughout the trip. Speaks much about the ride comfort. Isn't it?

Very Very Happy with the car till now.
Following heart over head might leave you a little lighter on wallet but you will be happy.

What is that cusion like thing which some people keep between the headrest and the seat. I am planning to get one since at the later stage of the journey I got little neck pain. My head does not touch the headrest as of now while driving.

Also Punto gets a vaccum cleaner today as a reward for excellent performance. Any particular brand to go for guys? I hope that they come with proper connectors to extract power from cigeratte lighter socket.

Last edited by download2live : 19th October 2010 at 15:52.
Old 19th October 2010, 17:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is that cusion like thing which some people keep between the headrest and the seat. I am planning to get one since at the later stage of the journey I got little neck pain. My head does not touch the headrest as of now while driving.
Out here it's called neck pillow. I got it as a freebie with my car. My wife uses it and feels quite comfortable. My head too does not touch the headrest while driving, but still I didn't find the neck pillow to be so comfortable while driving the car.
Old 29th October 2010, 18:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Small niggling sound

Guys,
One question.

Lately I am hearing a gentle dull knocking kind of sound from the car rear right. This started after the car went through some bad roads in coorg trip.

Its not regular tick tock kind of noise. Just a dull knock. As if some pebble were rolling inside the fibre bumper. What I mean is that it does not seem to a metal to metal grinding noise.

To give you a better idea this sound is something similar to what i heard when the reversing light was broken and dangling in the socket. But I checked the right rear reflector and it was snugly fit in the socket.

Any cause of concern? Should I take it to the service station?

OT: Just got the sms "FIAT is ranked no.2 in JD Power........"
Old 29th October 2010, 22:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi. It may be the coil springs or the struts. You should get them checked as they are under warranty.

BTW, suspensions(struts etc) are covered only till 30000kms or 4 years whichever comes earlier. Though you have a lot of distance to cover to hit the 30000km mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks