Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 20:53   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Mods: My apologies for back to back posts but I had exhausted max no. of images that I could attach in a mail. Hence, created this second mail. Do guide me if there is a way to over come this challenge.
Nice narration Pranav, very detailed and point by point report on your Nano.
Don't worry, after exhausting your max no. of images, you can create a new post.(Even the Team-BHP reviews are written in the same way.)
Old 7th April 2010, 16:40   #47
BHPian

Average Kya Hai?

Here comes the first analysis of FE for my Lunar Nano.
So far, I have got my tank filled twice. Here is the FE that I got each time.

1st Tank Full : 17.1 Km/Lt. ( 10% A.C.,100% CITY Stop-Go Usage )
2nd Tank Full: 18.1. Km/Lt ( 20-25% A.C.,100% CITY Stop-Go Usage)

I use Tank full to Tank full method to calculate my fuel efficiency.
Also, I have been using car for very short distance runs. Most of the time car has been running in the 1 - 1.5 km radius of my home. It is shut off and on very frequently due to the short runs.

So far, I have covered 438 kms. I expect the FE to rise once 1st Service is done.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here comes the first analysis of FE for my Lunar Nano.
So far, I have got my tank filled twice. Here is the FE that I got each time.

1st Tank Full : 17.1 Km/Lt. ( 10% A.C.,100% CITY Stop-Go Usage )
2nd Tank Full: 18.1. Km/Lt ( 20-25% A.C.,100% CITY Stop-Go Usage)

I use Tank full to Tank full method to calculate my fuel efficiency.
Also, I have been using car for very short distance runs. Most of the time car has been running in the 1 - 1.5 km radius of my home. It is shut off and on very frequently due to the short runs.

So far, I have covered 438 kms. I expect the FE to rise once 1st Service is done.
This mileage is a steal. Yes, the mileage should be more consistent after the first service. Any plans of taking her out on the highways? I would be eager to know how much mileage she gives on highways.

Last edited by funkykar : 7th April 2010 at 16:50.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
This mileage is a steal. Yeat, the mileage should be more consistent after the first service. Any plans of taking her out on the highways? I would be eager to know how much mileage she gives on highways.
I am very keen on taking her to highway. However, on the second thought thinking of letting running in period get over. I would not want to get tied up to the upper speed limit of 60 Km/Hr on highway! ( Recommended during running in period ).
Old 7th April 2010, 16:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very keen on taking her to highway. However, on the second thought thinking of letting running in period get over. I would not want to get tied up to the upper speed limit of 60 Km/Hr on highway! ( Recommended during running in period ).
Generally, the run in of an engine is better done on the highways. Correct me if I am wrong. Yes, you have to control yourself not to push the pedal beyond the recommended speed/RPM.

Why not take the pain and go for a short trip some Sunday just to complete its run in in a more better way?
Old 7th April 2010, 17:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I will try to get the VIN number from them. Does it make a difference when it was manufactured? What if it was manufactured in 2009?
Well, I tend to think that the resale value of your car will depend on the year of manufacturing. Also, if you come to know that the car was manufactured in 2009; you would know that 'old stock' is being cleared through you. You then should be investigating with dealer about the reasons and make sure that you are not being allocated a lemon.

Quote:
Generally, the run in of an engine is better done on the highways. Correct me if I am wrong. Yes, you have to control yourself not to push the pedal beyond the recommended speed/RPM.

Why not take the pain and go for a short trip some Sunday just to complete its run in in a more better way?
Hmm..I have to go to Mumbai Airport next week to pick someone up...let me see if that drive could be Nanoed!
Old 7th April 2010, 17:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I tend to think that the resale value of your car will depend on the year of manufacturing. Also, if you come to know that the car was manufactured in 2009; you would know that 'old stock' is being cleared through you. You then should be investigating with dealer about the reasons and make sure that you are not being allocated a lemon.

Hmm..I have to go to Mumbai Airport next week to pick someone up...let me see if that drive could be Nanoed!
Well, I called up the showroom again. Again, I am getting some confusing information. I was supposed to speak to a particular person 'X'. For some reason, I am unable to get hold of him. The lady answering the phone is exclusively for Nano and she can recognize my voice now. I got a bit aggressive in tone and asked again why the PDI was not provided and stuff. I also asked which year car was manufactured. She said 2009. Every car that has gone out of their show room has been manufactured in 2009 it seems. She dint know what a VIN number was. she gave me the chassis number. I might have noted it down a little wrong. It is either 09754 or 095754. Does 09 indicate 2009? Then suddenly she said she will get in touch with Mr. 'X' about year of manufacturing and call me back tomorrow morning. Well, well, my spirits are still high that evrything will go well.

Have a nice drive to the airport
Old 7th April 2010, 17:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I called up the showroom again. Again, I am getting some confusing information. I was supposed to speak to a particular person 'X'. For some reason, I am unable to get hold of him. The lady answering the phone is exclusively for Nano and she can recognize my voice now. I got a bit aggressive in tone and asked again why the PDI was not provided and stuff. I also asked which year car was manufactured. She said 2009. Every car that has gone out of their show room has been manufactured in 2009 it seems. She dint know what a VIN number was. she gave me the chassis number. I might have noted it down a little wrong. It is either 09754 or 095754. Does 09 indicate 2009? Then suddenly she said she will get in touch with Mr. 'X' about year of manufacturing and call me back tomorrow morning. Well, well, my spirits are still high that evrything will go well.

I smell something fishy here. I got delivery of my car in March 2010 and it was manufactured in January 2010. So I am not able to understand that when your car is going to be delivered in Aprill 2010; how come dealer is saying that its a 2009 manufactured car ? Also, Nano is a fast moving car. I dont think that an un-allocated Nano would lie with dealer for that long.

VIN number is same as chasis number. It has to be an Alpha Numeric Number. Ask for complete number. You can also demand Form 22 which every manufactured vehicle comes with. This form has year and month of manufacturing.

You can find out deailed information on VIN here :

Quote:
Have a nice drive to the airport
Thanks Buddy! Let us see if I can make that happen!
Old 14th April 2010, 13:19   #54
BHPian

I too have booked a nano - LX Sunshine Yellow (The best color on the nano IMO)

Unfortunately im not as lucky as pranav and the delivery is due Oct-Dec'10 (originally Jan-Mar'11). New prices will be applicable.

I will customize my nano and want it to look individual. I am guled to this thread and have already got some useful information. Will shoot in thousands of questions as the delivery time approaches.

Looking forward to detailed reviews and experiences.

PS: I like to name my cars and I have already decided a name for this one
Old 15th April 2010, 10:54   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Pranav : Lovely alloys & choice in accessories. I enjoyed seeing your detailed pictures on pg. 3.

Quote:
So I am not able to understand that when your car is going to be delivered in Aprill 2010; how come dealer is saying that its a 2009 manufactured car ? Also, Nano is a fast moving car. I dont think that an un-allocated Nano would lie with dealer for that long.
The Nano indeed moves quickly off the shelves, plus there is the question of resale when buying a previous year car.

However, the MAIN reason he should insist on a 2010 build = The '10 build has minor improvements to its electrical system (in response to the fire reports).
Old 15th April 2010, 11:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

It was just a case of lack of knowledge from the dealership side. It is indeed a 2010 manufactured car. I had a look at it yesterday and taking delivery tomorrow. I will start an ownership thread on it tomorrow
Old 16th April 2010, 17:07   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ Pranav : Lovely alloys & choice in accessories. I enjoyed seeing your detailed pictures on pg. 3.
Thanks GTO for the complments! I will be adding Some more pictures of the interiors and accessories soon!

Quote:
It was just a case of lack of knowledge from the dealership side. It is indeed a 2010 manufactured car. I had a look at it yesterday and taking delivery tomorrow. I will start an ownership thread on it tomorrow
Oh Ok. Good to know that it is a 2010 manufactured car. All the best for your delivery. Do let us know your experiences as soon as you can! I am sure you will have great time with Nano.
Old 27th April 2010, 14:50   #58
BHPian

Just got a letter from TATA last week. They have futher preponed the delivery schedule of my Sunshine yellow Nano a.k.a. BIGFOOT!. Its now scheduled Aug-Sep'10. Have already updated my signature and my garage.

I have the accessory list from TATA but i guess they have only 2 types of alloys. Can anyone help on some good looking alloys for the Nano and where can I get them around Mumbai. I want my BIG FOOT to look unique and highly customised.
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:57   #59

Quote:
Thanks Houston! I too found it quite weird that LHS is not available even as an adidtional accessory! Cant understand what is the logic ?

Thanks Technocrat! I would certainly keep all posted on my ownership experience.
Hi Pranav! You haven't shared your further experiences. What are your solutions for the LRVM and a `glove-compartment'??? My cousin partly solved my problem with the LRVM ; a large RVM attachment to the one existing (I could partly view the left hand side of the car. But the `glove-box' problem is worring me. It is simple thing which TATAs could have designed into the car.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:55   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADHA VIJAY View Post
Hi Pranav! You haven't shared your further experiences. What are your solutions for the LRVM and a `glove-compartment'??? My cousin partly solved my problem with the LRVM ; a large RVM attachment to the one existing (I could partly view the left hand side of the car. But the `glove-box' problem is worring me. It is simple thing which TATAs could have designed into the car.
Hi Radha Vijay! True! I could not share further experiences as got stuck into unexpected windfall of work ! But certainly intend to so so soon. Here is my experience of taking Nano on highway:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...gaon-pune.html

While its a travelougue, it primarily reviews highway characteristics of Nano. I hope you find it useful.

To solve the glove box problem, I got my self a 'Back Seat Organizer'. This accessory appears in the standard accessory list of TATA. However, I would NOT recommend this accesory. It does not "fix" properly at the back of the seat - as intended - and is proving to be a useless stuff for me. Hence, I am back to square one - in need of searching of an alternative for Glove box! I have attached below the image of accerory list with this particular accessory circled.
Attached Thumbnails
Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-back-seat-organizer.jpg  

Most Viewed