Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 08:07   #46
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Joe. Everything looks excellent. No doubt White is no nonsense color and accepted by many. Regarding Alloys, white is better than black as black matches the tyre colour and the difference is not seen much.

Regarding Engine temperature, does the temp light glow/warn once the maximum temperature is reached.

Enjoy your nice car and share your experiences.....
Old 20th March 2010, 08:50   #47
BANNED

Hey Congratulations, Diamond white is one of the best colors around, Great Choice!
Old 20th March 2010, 08:58   #48
NGM
BHPian

Congrats Joe .Share your thoughts after your coorg trip.That will tell a lot about how the figo will perform.
Old 20th March 2010, 09:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Joe , did you get a chance to drive it on the highways ? How is the highway ride/handling of the car at high speeds ?
Old 20th March 2010, 09:30   #50
BHPian

Nice Ride Man! and that red dashboard is not looking that bad in your pic.

Do keep us updated with your experience with Ford Figo. Being a new entrant in our market, you personal experience over some time would surely help others.

and yea nice set of alloys
Old 20th March 2010, 09:42   #51
BHPian

@@joethomasv
congrats on ur new purchase . One question here , did you try the possibility of upgrading the tyres to 15" and with alloys ?

Would it be hitting the rear fenders ?I found the reaer suspension to be a bit softer! .
Old 20th March 2010, 09:51   #52
BHPian

Congrats on the beautiful ride, the alloys look good too. I have been eagerly waiting for the Figo's ownership thread, looking forward for some great experiences & reviews.
Old 20th March 2010, 09:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations !
no temperature gauge - how come this is missing in a Ford car?

Anyway Enjoy the new car - Drive Safely!
Old 20th March 2010, 10:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Yes there's no temperature gauge.
That is a surprise, I always keep an eye on mine, for normal use, I think it is more important than a tacho. So how do you come to know that the engine is overheating? Just a warning light?
Old 20th March 2010, 10:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Figo joe. I admit the car looks great in white and though I'm not too fond of the red dashboard, I think its good with the white colour. I was surprised that Ford doesnt offer rear power windows in the Titatnium. The alloys make the car look sporty. Do update this thread on the FE and your service experiences.

Fantastic initial report. Drive safe.

P.S Time to get a Team BHP sticker on
Old 20th March 2010, 10:38   #56
BHPian

Congratulations! Wonderful colour and car. The only other colour which I liked on the Figo is Red.
Do you find the diesel vibrations nagging?
Old 20th March 2010, 10:45   #57
BHPian

guys, I'm off to Thrissur. I have a few interior pictures with me. I'll upload as soon as I get back.
Old 20th March 2010, 10:58   #58
BHPian

Congratulations on the new Figo. The red dash actually looks quite good with the black interiors and white exteriors. I suppose a neutral color like black or white would do justice to the red dash otherwise it just looked out of place on the green and blue exterior paint shades.

Good going...

Last edited by lionell : 20th March 2010 at 10:59.
Old 20th March 2010, 11:45   #59
oss
BHPian

Congrats Joe, and the alloys look fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations !

I think they might have gone for a warning signal type for the temp - when the coolent temp goes beyond certain temo, the warning light should come on (similar to ANHC)
Old 20th March 2010, 20:19   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Thomas!

The wheels looks great!
Thanks HappyWheels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
Good choice Joe. Just want to check what is your height. I am 5.11'' and found driving Figo bit uncomfortable for tall people. This was the reason I dropped idea of going for Figo.
Thanks Supercool, I'm 5'10" and I have no trouble driving it. I fit in quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Congrats. Those alloys look very different and nice. How much did they cost you.
Thanks Gemi. They are leagues. It cost me around 17000 including the nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Congrats on the new car.your photos are exemplary.Is the pcd of alloys 108?happy and safe motoring!
Thanks aditya.Yes the pcd is 108, same as the fiesta's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congrats. White looks very nice and the alloys complement the car very well!

Wishing you many more happy miles
Thanks Kiku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Congrats Joe on the new car. Looks really good.
Thanks man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Wow, white is THE colour. I am falling in love with the car. Congrats Joe. By the way, which camera you own? You have taken best pictures of the car.
Thanks. I use a Nikon D60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Joe, thank you for sharing the pictures. Loved the way you described the bluetooth pairing exercise, are you an engineer by profession?

You also mention that the bonnet is visible from the driver's seat, that should be a big confidence booster for new drivers.
How did you guess that? I am a mechanical engineer. Yes the low bonnet/high seating position is a boon in city traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Joe. Everything looks excellent. No doubt White is no nonsense color and accepted by many. Regarding Alloys, white is better than black as black matches the tyre colour and the difference is not seen much.

Regarding Engine temperature, does the temp light glow/warn once the maximum temperature is reached.

Enjoy your nice car and share your experiences.....
Thanks RGK. My father thinks along Henry Ford's lines: You can buy any color as long as it's white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Hey Congratulations, Diamond white is one of the best colors around, Great Choice!
Thanks Mustang! Figo is a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Congrats Joe .Share your thoughts after your coorg trip.That will tell a lot about how the figo will perform.
Thanks NGM. The Coorg roads will test the car to the max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Joe , did you get a chance to drive it on the highways ? How is the highway ride/handling of the car at high speeds ?
It's a mile muncher. I had trouble keeping it below 80 kmph. Like I said before, ride is a little stiff at low speeds but when you pick up speed, it improves quite a bit. Figo is a driver's car, just like any other Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Nice Ride Man! and that red dashboard is not looking that bad in your pic.

Do keep us updated with your experience with Ford Figo. Being a new entrant in our market, you personal experience over some time would surely help others.

and yea nice set of alloys
Thanks Amit. I'll definitely keep this thread alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@@joethomasv
congrats on ur new purchase . One question here , did you try the possibility of upgrading the tyres to 15" and with alloys ?

Would it be hitting the rear fenders ?I found the reaer suspension to be a bit softer! .
Thanks! Yes I considered 15 inchers but since my usage includes some really bad uneven roads, I dropped the idea. I don't think it'll hit the fenders if you keep the outer dia the same. The ride will be a lot stiffer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Congrats on the beautiful ride, the alloys look good too. I have been eagerly waiting for the Figo's ownership thread, looking forward for some great experiences & reviews.
Thanks Sathee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations !

Thanks nairrk. There's a coolant high temperature warning lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations on your new Figo joe. I admit the car looks great in white and though I'm not too fond of the red dashboard, I think its good with the white colour. I was surprised that Ford doesnt offer rear power windows in the Titatnium. The alloys make the car look sporty. Do update this thread on the FE and your service experiences.

Fantastic initial report. Drive safe.

P.S Time to get a Team BHP sticker on
Thanks Dippy. Yes the lack of rear power windows was a disappointment.
The Team BHP stickers are waiting for the registration plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Congratulations! Wonderful colour and car. The only other colour which I liked on the Figo is Red.
Do you find the diesel vibrations nagging?
Thanks Murali. Yes Figo looks fantastic in red. I hardly noticed the vibrations even though I've been driving a Civic for the past 50k kms. Ofcourse a few cars before that I was driving a matador engined Amby. So.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Congratulations on the new Figo. The red dash actually looks quite good with the black interiors and white exteriors. I suppose a neutral color like black or white would do justice to the red dash otherwise it just looked out of place on the green and blue exterior paint shades.

Good going...
Thanks Lionell. I'm glad you liked the red dash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Congrats Joe, and the alloys look fantastic
Thanks oss. You are right, there's a coolant high temperature warning lamp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks