Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 23:06   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
bhuvan,

the better tyres will ofcourse prove the mettle in emergencies.

Secondly - the audi idea is good. Do that, and move the number plate to the bumper. Check out zaks' palio thread for the image of the same (essentially a sticker IIRC).
yes, I'm sure they will. I just guess that my expectations were a lot, after reading peoples cars 'drastic' transformations on changing the tyres to XM1+. Drove a bit on broken tarmac just now, I had totally forgotten how it hurts when a new car is taken on bad roads.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:50   #17
BHPian

Ritz Zxi remote key

Is it only me, or have others also found the buttons on the remote key to open and lock the door, sticky and difficult to use. I had to press the open button some 5 times today, before it opened. Sometimes, it opens on the first click. Is there some special area where the pressure is to be applied? The buttons on my autocop on the OHC are much easier to use.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Is it only me, or have others also found the buttons on the remote key to open and lock the door, sticky and difficult to use. I had to press the open button some 5 times today, before it opened. Sometimes, it opens on the first click. Is there some special area where the pressure is to be applied? The buttons on my autocop on the OHC are much easier to use.
I don't have this problem. Both the buttons are butter smooth and doors get locked/unlocked on first click all the time.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:39   #19
BHPian

Hey Bhuvan, Congrats on your new ride, welcome to Ritz Club.. Happy revving.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your quick purchase. Anyway good to know the car is good, cos the title gave some pessimistic air. Have fun, but please make sure, you are not going on your trip driving hastily. LEt that be a steady ride.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:45   #21
BHPian

Congrats buddy. welcome aboard. Do you know there is a tray below the passenger seat. Also you can adjust the colour illumination from your speedo?....
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:57   #22
BHPian

@ mvaidy : thanks, waiting to get over the running in period

@xingamazon : sorry if the title sounded negative. My bad. Didn't see it from that perspective. About the trip, its actually a 2 day trip, but we are doing it in 4 days, so that we can go slow. Also, 1 day gap in bhubaneshwar when the car goes in for her first service. I know she was bought in a hurry, but that doesn't mean I love her any less

@funnyguru: I knew about the tray under the front seat, store the tyre pressure gauge in that. Did not know about the changing of colour illumination. sounds cool, will go and check it out pretty soon. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I don't have this problem. Both the buttons are butter smooth and doors get locked/unlocked on first click all the time.
oh ok, will check out the other key, and will know if the key is like that only, or if my fingers are a bit too stubby. Given that I play a lot of stringed instruments, it should not be the latter.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd March 2010 at 18:09. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 23:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Congrats buddy. welcome aboard. Do you know there is a tray below the passenger seat. Also you can adjust the colour illumination from your speedo?....
hey i read the manual and tried it out, it just adjusts the brightness of the lighting via 4 levels, not the colour. Is yours any different?
Old 24th March 2010, 23:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
hey i read the manual and tried it out, it just adjusts the brightness of the lighting via 4 levels, not the colour. Is yours any different?
Nothing different! You can only adjust the brightness, not the colour.

Last edited by gaddiwale : 24th March 2010 at 23:33.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:42   #25
BHPian

Cornering

Took a sweeping right handed curve tonight at 80km/h in the Ritz Zxi and was pleasantly surprised. I've done the same curve before at 70km/h in the wagon-r and at 90Km/h in the OHC. I was expecting wagon-r'ish type of slightly nervous body roll, but nothing of the sort happened. The car was extremely planted, and I could have easily taken the turn at 10 clicks more.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, its just the brightness
Old 26th March 2010, 10:11   #27
BHPian

more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats bhuvan - and a sensible decision to get a car equipped with ABS + Airbags. Believe me, the premium that you paid for these two features is puny compared to the fact that they might save your life someday.
Waiting for the road trip thread to start - do post a link of that thread here.
Also, please post some three quarter view pictures of your car here.
hey blackasta, as you had requested am posting a rear 3/4 (or close to that ) pic of the car. Also a pic of the new tyres. Maruti recommends 29psi for the JK's, considering that the michelins are also the same size, i should stick with 29 psi for them also right? Should I increase it for the highway? There will be 4 of us (70kgs each) plus minimal luggage (30kgs max).
Attached Thumbnails
Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!-image0044.jpg  

Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!-image0045.jpg  

bhuvan_prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2010, 13:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Also a pic of the new tyres.
Those tyres are looking good. I also wanted to upgrade the tyres, but my finance ministry rejected the bill.
Old 28th March 2010, 15:47   #29
BHPian

windshield cracked

Day 1 of the trip and we are doing great, around 80km from vizag, will reach by 5:30 pm. The big problem that has cropped up is, the windshield developed a crack at the bottom right hand side, when parked out during lunch. Is it because of heat? Will it spread, should i get it replaced at vizag immediately? will it be covered under warranty? am attaching a pic of it also . reply quickly.thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!-p1040359.jpg  

Old 28th March 2010, 20:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Day 1 of the trip and we are doing great, around 80km from vizag, will reach by 5:30 pm. The big problem that has cropped up is, the windshield developed a crack at the bottom right hand side, when parked out during lunch. Is it because of heat? Will it spread, should i get it replaced at vizag immediately? will it be covered under warranty? am attaching a pic of it also . reply quickly.thanks.
Hi Bhuvan,
I think you should get it replaced in vizag itself ASAP.
I dont think i have the expertise to comment on how it cracked, but i think from a safety point of view while doing such a long highway trip to Kolkata,i am sure you will not like to see the crack getting bigger or facing issues with the same while driving on highways.
So i think you should get it replaced and then continue with your journey.
The crack also doesn't look like it has been caused by some external object hitting the glass area , so i guess it should be replaced under warranty, that's what i think.
Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 28th March 2010 at 20:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks