Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 22:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hi Bhuvan,
I think you should get it replaced in vizag itself ASAP.
I dont think i have the expertise to comment on how it cracked, but i think from a safety point of view while doing such a long highway trip to Kolkata,i am sure you will not like to see the crack getting bigger or facing issues with the same while driving on highways.
So i think you should get it replaced and then continue with your journey.
The crack also doesn't look like it has been caused by some external object hitting the glass area , so i guess it should be replaced under warranty, that's what i think.
Cheers
yes, I am going to Varun motors here in Vizag at 8 AM tomorrow.. will get first service done, and even sort out the windshield issue. hopefully they replace it under warranty.. the car is just 10 days old.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
yes, I am going to Varun motors here in Vizag at 8 AM tomorrow.. will get first service done, and even sort out the windshield issue. hopefully they replace it under warranty.. the car is just 10 days old.

Hi Bhuvan,
No worries buddy. Better that these issues prop up during warranty time, instead of otherwise. I had a peculiar bonnet issue whch got resolved recently. Hope you got the extended warranty for the 3rd year as well.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:20   #33
BHPian

Hi Bhuvan,

Any status on the windshield, did they replace it without any charge.

I am not sure if glasses are covered under warranty or insurance..
Old 29th March 2010, 19:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi Bhuvan,
No worries buddy. Better that these issues prop up during warranty time, instead of otherwise. I had a peculiar bonnet issue whch got resolved recently. Hope you got the extended warranty for the 3rd year as well.
Could you please share the bonnet issues with us?
Old 29th March 2010, 19:55   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Could you please share the bonnet issues with us?

Absolutely. Its been 3 months since I bought my Ritz VXI. last week i saw a peculiar issue with the bonnet alignment in the car. The bonnet was not sitting right. there was a huge gap that my index finger went inside with ease. This was near the headlight-bonnet end. (Actually I have noticed a lot of Maruti cars having some gap ) when compared to other makes. However mine was a big one.

I took it to MSM last week and they mentioned that few cars had some PDI issues and that they had few complaints likewise. However I wasnt to believe it as I followed the PDI to the T. I did not hit my car anywhere, but it was a mystery how come the gap got widened. They said it will take 2 days to work on it.

Took it to my dealer and he fixed it in 4 hours. He mentioned the same that some batch of Ritz had this issue. Mine was one. However they took the bonnet , bumper and made few adjustments to it and now its better , not perfect though.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hi Bhuvan,

Any status on the windshield, did they replace it without any charge.

I am not sure if glasses are covered under warranty or insurance..
varun motors, vizag told me that the glass needs to be replaced and its not under warranty, but can claim insurance. Will have to spend another 3.5K for the sun-film though. :( He showed me a tiny 2mm patch and said a stone or something hit it here, and thus the crack. It beats me, how a windshield can crack so easily. Am at bhubaneshwar right now, will do the insurance and all once I'm back in hyderabad.
Old 31st March 2010, 20:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
varun motors, vizag told me that the glass needs to be replaced and its not under warranty, but can claim insurance. Will have to spend another 3.5K for the sun-film though. :( He showed me a tiny 2mm patch and said a stone or something hit it here, and thus the crack. It beats me, how a windshield can crack so easily. Am at bhubaneshwar right now, will do the insurance and all once I'm back in hyderabad.
Hi Bhuvan,

So you had to bare 50% of the cost?

Its strange to see windshield cracking so easily...
Old 1st April 2010, 00:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hi Bhuvan,

So you had to bare 50% of the cost?

Its strange to see windshield cracking so easily...

Well, insurance will take 2-3 days to process, so I haven't been able to do it yet. Hope fully the situation does not get worse. Btw, have started making the travelogue - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-back-mba.html

Hope you guys like it.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:11   #39
BHPian

Windscreen replaced under warranty . Yayyy!!! did not have to spend a single penny, gave the car friday morning and picked it up on saturday morning with the new windshield, and nicely washed.

Have not put sun film on this one, am seeing if it really is necessary. Coz the cost was 3.5k which was as much as the windshield would have cost ( 2.7k for the glass, 600 for the sealant).

Car has done 4000kms now, and is running quite well, a slight rattle on the driver side B pillar over rough roads has developed,but thats barely audible, and with something playing over the ICE, nothing can be heard. It's quite fuel efficient in the city, have been getting between 14-15km/l, with a/c around 70% of the time, and mind you have been stuck in some bad jams in begumpet and around.

Overall, really happy with the car, will be in Hyd for 2 weeks more, so only that much time left with her, ( will have to put aside some time to drive the OHC too ) . Hope the driver's take good care of her.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Great man, so after you came back from the trip you replaced the windscreen ?
It must have been a real nice trip to go to kolkata via road,i will also try it sometime later.
Hope you enjoy the Ritz affair for the next 2 weeks to the fullest.
Do you know Somdev Goswami by any chance ?

cheers.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Great man, so after you came back from the trip you replaced the windscreen ?
It must have been a real nice trip to go to kolkata via road,i will also try it sometime later.
Hope you enjoy the Ritz affair for the next 2 weeks to the fullest.
Do you know Somdev Goswami by any chance ?

cheers.
yes, replaced it after the trip. I hope you read the travelogue, I posted the Hyd - Kolkata leg, but didn't get that much of forum participation so haven't put up the kolkata - hyd leg up yet.

Of course I know somdev, he is my very good friend, and also the guitarist in my band. How do you know him? He was also planning to buy a Ritz, and spoke to me about the same.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:14   #42
BHPian

Hi,
Welcome to Ritz family. It seems so happening since you decided to buy the vehicle. I still run on my JK tyres. I donno how it feels to drive with XM1+. Worried about my pocket and the FE. So not opting for it right now.
Regards,
SANSI
Old 19th April 2010, 22:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANSI View Post
Hi,
Welcome to Ritz family. It seems so happening since you decided to buy the vehicle. I still run on my JK tyres. I donno how it feels to drive with XM1+. Worried about my pocket and the FE. So not opting for it right now.
Regards,
SANSI
If your's is the Zxi and you have the Vectra's, then i doubt there will be any drop in FE. The michelins are quite good, held the car well during sudden braking and avoiding maneuvers. Vectra's are decent tyres actually, and you can continue with them, I personally didn't feel that much of a diff in ride quality etc. If you have the tornado's then I'd seriously suggest an upgrade to the Zxi tyre size.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, replaced it after the trip. I hope you read the travelogue, I posted the Hyd - Kolkata leg, but didn't get that much of forum participation so haven't put up the kolkata - hyd leg up yet.

Of course I know somdev, he is my very good friend, and also the guitarist in my band. How do you know him? He was also planning to buy a Ritz, and spoke to me about the same.
We are BE batch mates and he also a good friend of mine.
i saw your interest in music , so i was pretty much sure you will know him.
i guess i saw ur pics in his orkut album Stepper's Nite in a Red T-Shirt i think that's you.
Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 20th April 2010 at 11:40.
Old 20th April 2010, 13:17   #45
BHPian

Welcome to Ritzeans family ! :-)

Most Viewed