Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 13:49   #46
ada
BHPian

Hi, Bhuvan welcome to Ritz family. How did the dealer got convinced to replace the glass within warranty, after saying no? I also had to replace the air bag sensor. That is one good thing about Maruti, they are not fussy, depends on dealer to dealer I guess.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
We are BE batch mates and he also a good friend of mine.
i saw your interest in music , so i was pretty much sure you will know him.
i guess i saw ur pics in his orkut album Stepper's Nite in a Red T-Shirt i think that's you.
Cheers
Small world, spoke to Som today on the phone, he also is in Bangalore. Told me you were quite the singer back in engineering. Yes, have played a lot with Som on stage, though more of my pics are on facebook than orkut.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Hi, Bhuvan welcome to Ritz family. How did the dealer got convinced to replace the glass within warranty, after saying no? I also had to replace the air bag sensor. That is one good thing about Maruti, they are not fussy, depends on dealer to dealer I guess.
the dealer in vizag said 'no' , and said that something has hit it, and so did the showroom guy. Strangely the workshop guy at varun motors, begumpet, Hyd was as puzzled as me and replaced the whole thing under warranty.
Old 1st May 2010, 18:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
If your's is the Zxi....
Oops!! Mine is VDI. Any idea for it? I think still your suggestion would be to get it replaced with XM+. I think I would consider it during my next upgrade.
Old 9th September 2020, 17:21   #50
BHPian

Car has been sold!

After over 10 years and 1Lakh+ Km of fabulous and trouble free service, the car was sold to a friend, who confirmed the deal without even a test drive. A testament to the fact that they appreciated our maintenance.

The car never broke down or had any part replacement in its 10 years of service. The clutch was changed in 2016 at around 70k kms, which also was the cars last visit to a maruti workshop. Post that, the annual oil and filter change would be carried out by Dad and me, down in the parking lot, itself. This has been a really VFM buy and ownership experience, and has further cemented my dad's opinion of Japanese car reliability. Our 2002 and ex-2005 wagonr being the other two which added to this view, which is absolutely bang on, if you ask me.

We would have kept the car for longer, but due to COVID-19, the running around of my folks has come down a fair bit, the driver has been sent away, and my dad, all alone maintaining 4 cars, was becoming too much, hence we sold the wagon-r and this, retaining the GT Tsi and 2002 City vtec. Signing off with a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!-img20200725wa0037.jpg  

Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!-img20200725wa0038.jpg  

Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!-img20200725wa0040.jpg  

bhuvan_prasad is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 23:57   #51
BHPian

Re: Car has been sold!

Quote:
After over 10 years and 1Lakh+ Km of fabulous and trouble free service, the car was sold to a friend, who confirmed the deal without even a test drive. A testament to the fact that they appreciated our maintenance.

The car never broke down or had any part replacement in its 10 years of service. The clutch was changed in 2016 at around 70k kms,
The Ritz really is an amazing car!
Happens to be among the best cars we've had.
Trouble free, reliable and so simple as to never have to think about anything.

We'd leave out the much more comfortable and spacious Indigo behind and take the Ritz on road trips because of how reliable it was.

That said, it wasn't behind on comfort at all except for the boot space. We're a family of tall men, and not so tall women. And none of us six footers ever had trouble in the Ritz, one of the reasons we went for it was the amazing headroom. And the slickest gearbox I've seen, the fiesta classic might've been better but I really can't remember.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 17:00   #52
BHPian

Re: Car has been sold!

Quote:
You've finally managed to update this thread, eh? Although not exactly the kind of an update which I was looking forward to. Having driven your Ritz just days before it was gone, can vouch for how well it drove for its age and mileage. I would've probably bought the Ritz along with your WagonR (still managed to buy the latter off your hands) had you informed me of the Ritz a bit earlier. That way, both the Ritz and WagonR would've remained in the same stable albeit with a new owner.

Here's a pic of your Ritz with your ex-WagonR (now mine) in the background:

Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!-img_20200725_122055.jpg
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 19:15   #53
BHPian

Re: Haste's Child - Ritz Zxi EDIT: Sold after 10 years and 1 lakh+ km!

The Ritz was one of the last cars from Maruti's actual hey days, before the "Tin-Can" generation came in. I wonder when we'll see another car like this from Maruti again...

Most Viewed