Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 21:43   #1
BHPian

My new Ritz Ldi delivered

Dear Friends,

I have got delivery of my Ritz Ldi today. Just returned from temple and the first thing I am doing is writing my initial thoughts here.

Basic information and accessories

Color - silky silver. I like silky silver. My earlier great machine Wagon R was of the same color.

Tyre - JK Tyres. I am lucky to get JK as my experience has been good with JK tyres. Company fitted JK tyres on my Wagon R went for 75k kms.

Discounts - Got total discount of 25 k (exchange bonus 10 k + corporate discount 2k + 11k general discount + 2 k discount on accessories)

Accessories (total cost 19 K)
· Gear Lock
· Autocop central lock
· Kenwood KDC 554 U MP3 with USB
· Nippon Speakers
· (Total cost of car stereo 11 k)
· Other basic stuff like mud flaps, mats, etc
Pipeline -
· Seat covers
· Tray

My experience of getting the car: I am happy with the deal as I got decent value for my Wagon R at Maruti True Value. Also, got car loan from my bank ( I am so called privileged customer as got my salary account) at some points below the current interest rate. (Reducing balance per month (fixed)).

I took a printout of pre-delivery checklist from Team BHP. Really helped me guys. I went to the dealer on Saturday and asked to arrange the car so that I can have a detailed review. The dealer was impressed with my knowledge and immediately arranged the car. Well the first thing I checked was the odometer. It was showing 22 kms. Considering it as a decent figure, I went on with my checklist. Tyres, body inspection for scratches or repaint work. Everything was fine. I checked each and every switch like indicators, lights, horn, vipers, fuel tank lid, etc. All was well. Went on and checked the engine, battery, oil levels, etc. The manufacturing was February 2010. It took me an hour to complete the review. As suggested in the checklist I did my inspection in the day light. On finding everything absolutely fine I asked the executive to go ahead with fitting the accessories.

This morning got a call from the dealer that my car would be ready by 11.30 am. I reached at 2.30 p.m. after arranging all the documents required. Saw my car outside. It was ready. Everything was in place. It took me two hours to complete the paper work along with " Puja by Dealer's Pandit".

The technical team of dealer explained me everything in detail. About my music system, central locking, gear lock, service schedule, etc. I was happy to know that first service is at 1 k which is common for all Marutis. The next is at 5 k and third is at 10 k. After first three services, the service interval would be 10 k not 5 k which is the case in petrol cars. I was under impression that my car would need servicing every 5 k kms but great to know it is 10 k.

Got 5 liter petrol oh sorry diesel from Dealer. Again it surprise for me. In my Wagon R I have always used Speed or Power petrol (high octane). I thought it has helped me in keeping my engine healthy as I have run my wagon r for 6 years without any problems. The technical team of Maruti recommended normal diesel. I insisted that I have always used premium petrol and would like to use premium diesel as well. The technical advisor told me that premium diesel is not required. Anyways, went to petrol pump and got normal diesel this time. Guys please advice. I know I will find some good information on the forum. I will search for that but still if you can provide some information.

Registration - Finally the problem comes. The dealer has told that permanent number would take 10 days. As I am registering vehicle in the same state/city I cannot get temporary number which is valid for 1 month. The executive facilitating the process told that I can run the car in my city (NOIDA) but cannot take it to Delhi. My office is in Gurgaon. I am without a car for next 10 days .

I have asked the dealer to speed-up the process but have limited hopes. This means I have to use taxi for next 10 days and my taxi bill would be Rs. 10 k or more. I have no other car my Wagon R has also gone to Maruti True value now.

Finally, I got the keys. My wife got a bouquet of flowers during car handing-over ceremony and my little master got a big kit kat chocolate. Both were happy. Took my first diesel car. Within minutes I was driving it like a petrol car. I mean it was hard for me to notice any significant change. I feel car is slightly powerless in the third gear (may be turbo lag) and have to shift to 2nd gear on turns or in slow traffic. After 60 the pick-up is amazing. The cabin was noiseless with no rattles. Initial few kms were without any music just to check for any noise in the car and cabin. The kenwood is damn good with high sound quality. I was using sony x-plod in my Wagon R.

Summary- As of now, I am happy with the experience except that I have to wait for 7-10 days for permanent number. I will click some pictures of the car and interiors today evening and post here.

Sorry moderator. I know I should get pictures and initial few weeks running experience before starting this thread. It was so hard to wait that I thought I should write initial thoughts and detailed review would follow shortly. I am planning to go for a long drive after 1st service so even will be able to share experience of driving on highways.

Guys I am writing a few lines about my experience with Maruti and Wagon R. This experience has forced me to go for Maruti again.
  • Tyre of my Wagon R got changed after 75 k kms.
  • Timing belt I deliberately got changed at 75 k
  • Clutch plate has never been changed. I had run the car for over 110 k kms.
  • Touch wood never stuck in the way in last six years
  • No engine work even after 110 k. Still amazing pick-up and performance
  • My highest service bill was for 8k that too only once when some parts of throttle body got changed
  • Mileage was 13 in the city and 17 on the highway
My Wagon R was a gem and hope I have exchanged it for another gem from Maruti. I might be sounding a Maruti loyal but it’s only my experience that has build my confidence in Maruti.

Cheers

Supercool

Last edited by aah78 : 21st March 2010 at 22:25. Reason: Text format tags removed. Please use Notepad to Copy-Paste instead of a word processor. Thanks!
Old 21st March 2010, 22:57   #2
BHPian

Hi Supercool, congrats for a cool car. I also drive a FB red Ritz Vdi. Few suggestions from my side - drive the vehicle as a diesel car not as a petrol car -

1. Follow the instructions for the run in
2. As your vehicle has a turbo - please give a minute idle after fire the engine and before switching it off.
3. Drive the car in proper gear - if in slow traffic it demands to run at 2nd gear - run it on the lower gear, than running on a higher gear with half clutch.

Wish you a happy driving and do not forget to post photos.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:16   #3
ada
BHPian

Congrats on your new Ritz, may you have many happy moments with your car.Welcome to the Ritz club. Post a few photos.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:21   #4
BHPian

Congrats supercool. You have a super cool in hand. Take care of her well and enjoy the beauty.

Good to see a loyal Maruti fan.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:30   #5
BHPian

Thanks ada,

I think I was doing this mistake of running the car as a petrol one. Good thing is that i have just covered 20 kms so now on i will be careful. I clicked pictures but would upload tomorrow as need to reduce size of picture to 1 mb each.

Thanks once again.

Cheers
Old 21st March 2010, 23:32   #6
BHPian

Dear bnzjon,

Trust me i tried enough to get convinced that I will not go for Maruti this time. At the end i just reviewed performance of my previous car Wagon R. This was enough for me to go for Ritz. My heart was for Punto.

Cheers,

Friends,

Just uploading couple of pictures. Detailed review and pictures would be uploaded soon.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-car5.jpg  

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-car6.jpg  

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-music3.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd April 2010 at 10:10. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:23   #7
BHPian

Congrats supercool for the Ritz. You can never go wrong with a Maruti. Some snaps of the car would be welcome.
And as you have purchased a diesel, wishing happy and heavy mile crunching with the Ritz.
And using Normal Diesel is absolutely fine with the Multijets.

Last edited by Utopian : 22nd March 2010 at 00:25.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mr Supercool ,
You got yourself also a supercool car, be rest assured about it .
How does ICE sound ?.
Cheers and enjoy
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

congrats supercool. Surprised to read about 75KM life of JK tires, Amazing stuff!

Whats th OTR difference between LDI and VDI? what was the waiting period for Ritz diesel?

PS:Surprised to see front manual windows!
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
congrats supercool. Surprised to read about 75KM life of JK tires, Amazing stuff!

Whats th OTR difference between LDI and VDI? what was the waiting period for Ritz diesel?

The OTR difference was around 50 k I guess. Good thing is that Ritz is readily available.

Actually, I am not comfortable using Power Windows. I calculated the cost of accessories and compared it with additional budget required for Vdi. Simple maths indicated Ldi as better choice. Also, I thought if Vdi would cost aroung 5.70 k in Noida, why not add anither 40 K and get Punto Emotion 1.3
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

OTR prices in bangalore as of today:

Ritz LDI: 5,58,795
Ritz VDI: 5,90,428
Ritz VDI-ABS: 6,25,985

Maruti is offering Rs 20000 cash discount on Diesels till this month end. Not sure if it will continue in april. The above prices are with out the discount.

Waiting period for Ritz diesel is 3 months. LDI comes with all four manual windows.

Congrats Supercool, nice choice there. Me too awaiting My Ritz Vdi-ABS by month end or by April and mine too is silky silver
Old 24th March 2010, 13:20   #12
BHPian

[Waiting period for Ritz diesel is 3 months. LDI comes with all four manual windows.

/quote]

Surpised to know 3 months waiting. Car is immidiately availble here in Delhi and NCR.

Guys I am so sorry for not writing my initial experience. I am so frsutrated as the Car has not been registered so far. It would take another couple of days. Here in NOIDA you cannot get temp number and that means you can not run car unless you have permanent number.

So frustrating as new brand car is parked and I am without a car using taxi.
Old 27th March 2010, 22:17   #13
BHPian

Initial 250 kms

Dear Friends,

Finally, I have got my Ritz car registered. Happy as it took me just 4 days (including one national holiday) to get the registration number. Today, I went for a long drive on a highway (around 190 kms). Though, I have not driven the car in city yet but sharing my initial views of driving car on a highway.

What I liked:

Space inside
Power
Ease of driving
Mileage
Handling
AC
Music system

What was not so good?

Well nothing comes to my mind as of

Space inside - I have a kid two years and three months old. Guys believe me stuff which you have to carry with a small kid is so much that you really need lot of storage options inside. Most of the things like water bottle, milk bottle, glass, plate, spoon, snacks, hand towel, etc should be placed handy so that you do not have to stop the car to get things. As you can see from pictures, the car has so many convenient storage areas that it is perfect choice for a family person like me.

You can put your water bottle - 1 liter bottle in the space provided on the front doors.

You can put towel, milk bottle, mobile, etc in the space provided just above the glove box

Glove box again has lot of space and is bigger than may be wagon r

You got a small cabin on the dash board where you can put papers, wallet, etc. Really innovative idea by Maruti

Just below your music system you have space which could be used to keep your mobile

Again a small place just above gear leaver where you can keep may be pen drive, wallet, etc

I have got a cdvisor so can keep around 16 CDs easily.
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space.jpg

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space1.jpg

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space2.jpg

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space3.jpg

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space4.jpg

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space5.jpg

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space6.jpg

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-space8.jpg
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-cdvisor.jpg

Wow! It was really hard to get a car with so much storage options. Wagon R was perfect for a small family like mine. It took me so long to decide a car as only condition from my wife was that the car should have ample storage like Wagon R.
I am tall 5.11” and my wife’s height is also good. In Wagon R we use to completely slide the front seats back. It was difficult for anyone to sit behind me on the rear seat with so little leg room. Things are so better in Ritz. I did not have to slide the seat completely back. Even The leg room for rear seat is really amazing. Boot space is less but manageable. Good enough to store your luggage for as long weekend.

Looks of the car:

As all of us agree external looks are subjective. I have uploaded pictures so guys decide how it looks.
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-car.jpg
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-car2.jpg
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-carside.jpg

You sit inside the car the feeling comes as if you are sitting in a sedan. Dashboard is really big and looks solid. The waterfall console is nice. Gear shift leaver is small but very effective. The speedometer (dial) has all the indicators. Initially, it is confusing as you can see lot of lights glowing when you put in the keys. Even for engine’s temperature you got a light indicator (earlier we use to have separate needle type indicator for engine temperature). As you put in the keys, all the lights will glow. You got an indicator (light) that should go off before you start the engine. This light is to indicate that car is checking all the systems. Well sometimes I forget waiting for the light to go off. The plastic used inside is better than plastic being used in earlier cars.

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-dial1.jpg
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-dial2.jpg
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-light.jpg

Performance and handling: The overall performance of the car is good. Though, it is my first diesel car, within few kms of running I got comfortable handling it. The steering is bit heavier if I compare it with Wagon R. I know we cannot compare apples with oranges but I had driven Wagon R so comparing with it. May be Ritz has more weight so steering is slightly heavy. Also, steering wheel is thick and the grip is not so good. I was thinking to get leather steering wheel cover but that would make it even thicker. Any suggestions ?
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-music1.jpg

The 14" JK tyres offers good road grip and excellent handling.

My new Ritz Ldi delivered-tryre.jpg
My new Ritz Ldi delivered-tyre1.jpg

Most of the time, my speed was 100 km per hour. (I am not sure whether a new car should be driven at 100 km an hour or not). At times I touched 120 km/hr. The car was rock stable at 120 km/hr speed. Breaks are quiet effective. The pick-up of the car is good but as it is diesel car one has to shift to lower gears (1 and 2) if speed goes below 20 or 30. I can notice little turbo lag as well. The AC of the car is effective. It is too early to comment on mileage but my initial feelings is that mileage is good.

Overall, I enjoyed driving the car on highway. Hope I get same performance and pleasure of driving the car in unmanageable traffic of Delhi.

Happy driving

Supercool
Old 28th March 2010, 17:26   #14
BHPian

Hi Supercool, nice to hear that you got the reg. no. so no more taxi for office. One thing I noticed - the right side rubber mouldings alignment is no proper - could you please look in to that?
Old 28th March 2010, 22:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi Supercool, nice to hear that you got the reg. no. so no more taxi for office. One thing I noticed - the right side rubber mouldings alignment is no proper - could you please look in to that?
Thanks for this observation gaddiwale. You are right I noticed the problem with allignment of rubber mouldings. I have asked the dealer and promised to rectify during first service

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks