Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Khan, congrats on your new buy.. It surely must be a nice experience to have two good looking yet similar cars at your home. Your polo is a looker I agree, and a Ownership report was very much needed for Polo.

I am still thinking, why did you not chose some other car as both are very very similar in my opinion I mean why not a sedan. Anyway that being a good point, I wish we have someone like you, who owns both Figo and VW Polo to make a owner view point comparison on both the cars, which IMO will set the debate between Polo and Figo to an end.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Finally a comparison between real contenders. As you said both the cars have some +ve and -ve. The VW has a brand value in India but FIAT has a wide TATA network. I hope after launching 1.2 dynamic and emotion variants Punto sales would pick up.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:59   #33
BHPian

Congrats Khan and great to see the first ownership report, although it did take lot of persuasion from fellow BHPians

I actually liked your writing style, its to the point and packs punches, keep coming up the good work.

Have you stretched these beauties on highways?? Can you comment on top speeds, stability, cornering and feel at high speeds?? As from the pictures of side profile, the A and C pillar of Punto are bigger compared to Polo, does that mean blindspots are a concern in Punto?? Do lets us know the rear seat inclinations and legroom.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

congrats khan. Really enjoyed reading your write up.very good comparison report!

We need more pics please Head lamps surely looks wide and better in Polo. But overall, to me Polo looked plane. i went to showroom and looked at cars agin and again and yet again but it looked plane jane for ME!

Quote:
With the Punto, 2nd gear is as good as getting out of the car and running alongside and if you mash the pedal, you run the risk of getting dismal fuel economy figures
ROTFL
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats khan - polo looks great in red.
Are you planning to upgrade tires? Could you please post your driving experience after the tire swap?
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nice comparo, Congrats khan on the two hot hatches!

Punto clearly outscores Polo on the looks, features & handling.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:37   #37
BHPian

Congrats. Nice comparision.

One car is Ms. World and the other is Ms. Universe
Both are beauties.

Would be more complete if you can compare the AC effectiveness,
turning radius.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats Khan75 for your Polo. i slightly disagree with you on the looks ratings . To me the rear quarter profile of Polo appeals the most in any hatch. I am not a fan of buggish or bulbous cars. So i rate Polo above Punto in looks.
Same here. In terms of looks I believe the Polo is ahead. I simply love it from all angles. It clearly is 'the' best looking hatch presently in the Indian market
Congrats Khan on your purchase. Hope you have a great time with this beauty
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Khan75, Do you feel that the brake is placed slightly ahead of the accelerator? Do you find this uncomfortable?
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Congratulations Khan...and a very neatly put together article, let me say

I am sure this thread is going to be a very keenly watched and hotly debated one for a very long time...
I agree, this P2P thread will stay hot for QUITE some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Congrats! Lovely car. But i don't understand, if you already had a Punto, then why did you buy the Polo?
This was the first question crossing my mind but I cannot raise that again, simply because had my wallet allowed I'd love to grace my garage with a Punto 1.3 MJD Sports, a Polo 1.2 Highline Petrol and a Figo 1.2 TDCi Titanium
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
I wanted to post more pictures but figured that most people would find it boring to see the same car from a thousand different angles (yes, I even have a picture of the underbody!) Plus, a lot of folks probably visit these forums to read more about how it feels and drives rather than how it looks.
Not at all buddy, we are crazy about anything and everything about these beauties (I mean cars of course); would love to see more pics coming from you.

Finally, Heartiest Congratulations on this German invasion and bro, you own the two hottest hatches of current time, what better way to put it than the famous ONIDA ad "Neighbor's envy, owner's pride"; so better keep an eye out on your neighbors
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:00   #41
BHPian

Hey Khan, Congrats on the new machine,hope the Germans live upto their name.One question, which someone else has also noticed is that you have paid for a highline.Howcome the rear wiper is missing ? please throw some light on this.Once again hope more of reviews keep coming from you, which will serve as guidelines to other bhpians.
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:21   #42
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats. Both the cars look stunning. I definitely like the Polo's looks more. Ideally, I would like to have the Punto's engine in a Polo's body with Figo's pricing.

Congrats Khan. Enjoy the Polo and share your experiences.

@ Gilead "+ backed by Maruti's A.S.S"
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:30   #43
BHPian

congrats Khan again , Somehow for me the rear of the Polo looks better than the Punto ( again subjective )
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Khan. Enjoy the Polo and share your experiences.

@ Gilead "+ backed by Maruti's A.S.S"
I did not mention Maruti A.S.S because I sincerely believe most of them are extremely crappy.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:57   #45
BHPian

Congrats Khan. Could you compare the cars regarding brakes, feel during turns, ground clearance, AC, and FE (average kitna hai??) LoL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks