Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 20:36   #31
BHPian

Excellent pics raj. Mumbai comes alive with the beauty.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:39   #32
BHPian

It sure does Kapil.

Guys sharing some pictures of my phone. The pictures will tell why would I want to share them here on this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-025.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-029.jpg  

Old 20th May 2010, 13:40   #33
BHPian

It's been quite a while that I have updated my car diary.

The car makes you lose sleep. This time it's for the wrong reason. Some kid in the building damaged the bonnet. He either lost balance while going over the building compound wall next to the car or deliberately jumped. I wasn't there when this happened. I got to know later.

Although this has frustrated me a lot. I can't do much than just speak to the parents of the kid.

The dent is minor as I was able to get the metal back to original position by hitting it from the underside. However the metal isn't straight with a few bent lines seen on it. There were some light scrathes on the bonnet which I think had come due to the watchman cleaning the car with a dry cloth.

I was sulking for the last couple of weeks on what to do. Finally I am out of it and have decided to get the bonnet fixed. I inquired with the service center and the approximate cost will be roughly 5000 bucks.

Some questions to other fellow Tbhpians..
1. I have never claimed Insurance in the last 6 years of car driving and have a 45% no claim bonus. Should I take insurance this time or pay myself to get this done.

2. Has anyone tried doing a denting and painting job from a non Fiat Service center. I know a local garage guy who says that he can do the job for almost half the cost (2500 bucks) but I am afraid that the paint colour might not match perfectly with the rest of the car. Mine is a Flamenco Red Linea.
Old 13th August 2010, 13:42   #34
BHPian

Update for a minor door lock problem with the car.

For the past month my rear door locks would sometimes get jammed and not open from outside when unlocked. I was planning to go to the service center to get them fixed. However I thought that this might be due to the monsoons and moisture in the air and my rear seats are hardly used. Before trying the service center I thought I should spray WD40 on the locks which is a lubricant and also attacks moisture. Did this DIY job two weeks back and the doors are opening fine.

I don't want to advertise for WD40 but I swear by it's effectiveness on many things. It's a must have item in one's tool box.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:27   #35
BHPian

Raj, you are very right. All we Lineans share the same passion and emotions towards our Lineas.
It is true fact that 'Admiration guaranteed' for Linea but even more funny fact is that most of the time it is our admiration for the car that moves further than any others. Several times while taking my tea, I go to our porch and sit admiring my Linea while sipping my tea. That's when my wife or daughter comes and tells me, now enough of it, go and do something else, she's isnt going anywhere? I give a smirk smile and move away from there.
Regarding driving and watching ourself driving the car in front of a mirrored building...I thought only I used to do that. But now glad to know that I have company in that as well.
I am always happy to see another Linea on the road and if anyone coming from opposite direction I always give him a flash with my headlight, something like you are wishing a known friend... some guys reciprocate with a return flash, some doesnt even know what it means...
The name 'EMOTION' is very well suited to Linea as we are all so much emotionally attached to it; it is so much etched in our heart and soul that it has truly become an integral part of our being, isnt it true?
Old 13th August 2010, 16:40   #36
BHPian

Raj, I think if you are able to get it done for 5K, you should get it done yourself. NCB for insurance will later sweeten this loss. I had a minor bang and I got the job done from A.S.S. My car being vocal white, I was very particular about color matching. If you trust the non A.S.S guy and are confident about him matching the paint shade, go for it, else stick to A.S.S.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Raj, you are very right. All we Lineans share the same passion and emotions towards our Lineas.
Hey Jaisha,

This is what happens when craftsmen put their heart into designing something so beautiful. Many won't understand what's with us & our Emotions.

Today morning, I was going through the newspaper classifieds for used cars. I was searching for Lineas just to know how many of them have come into the used car market. I haven't seen a single insert for the linea whereas there are many other car models from 2009 up for sale. I was wondering that all Linea owners love their car so much that they won't put it up for sale so soon. This means that the resale value should be high as there will be a demand for Loved Lineas with very few of us parting with our beauties.

Maybe time will tell how true this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Raj, I think if you are able to get it done for 5K, you should get it done yourself. NCB for insurance will later sweeten this loss.
Thanks Kapil.

For now I am living with the minor dent. I have decided to get it done after the first anniversary of October 15th. Both our darlings have their birthday on the same date.

Thank God my wife doesn't read Team Bhp. The jealousy quotient will hit the roof if she'll read my posts
Old 13th August 2010, 20:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post

I live in an apartment on the 6th floor of a building and I park my car at a spot which is visible from my window.
At home, even after 5 months, I can’t stop myself going to the window every now and then just to see the gleaming beauty parked.
A thing of beauty is a joy forever...

I can't help doing what you just described even after 8 years!
Old 26th August 2010, 16:56   #39
BHPian

Yes Vipul. Men will be men. We can't stop loving beautiful women and of course beautiful cars.
Old 15th October 2010, 14:02   #40
BHPian

Happy Birthday Dear Beautiful Car!!!

Oct 15th, 2010.

My Flamenco Red Beauty celebrates her 1st Birthday.

Extremely happy and satisfied with the car.

I have this notion which may sound wierd to many. It's my belief of associating a spiritual bond with non living objects. I believe that any object which I buy or posses has a life. The initial days in any life are very delicate. You be careful in that period and the object will last for many years. This logic which sounds crazy has worked for me. In the same manner, I have been very careful with the Linea for the 1st one year (Not that I am going to abuse it now). I have never gone above 110 Kms/hr. Been extremely slow on bumps and potholed streets. Kept the mileage low (I know mechanical engineering does say that a certain no. of kms driven is beneficial for the engine and driving less or slow is not necessarily a good thing). Keeping the mechanical concepts away I have said that less may be good in the first year saving abuse to the suspension, tyres and other parts which are prone to wear and tear. I have completed 5300 kms as of date. Moving on I believe the average kms which I will be driving will be around 8000kms per year.

Happy Birthday Dear Beautiful Car !!!
Old 15th October 2010, 14:17   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
Oct 15th, 2010.
My Flamenco Red Beauty celebrates her 1st Birthday.
Extremely happy and satisfied with the car.
A Very Happy Birthday to your LINEA! Hope she continues to satisfy you for many more years to come.
Quote:

I have this notion which may sound wierd to many. It's my belief of associating a spiritual bond with non living objects. I believe that any object which I buy or posses has a life. The initial days in any life are very delicate. You be careful in that period and the object will last for many years.
So true. There is something in a Fiat which which creates a unique fondness with the car owner!
Old 15th October 2010, 14:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Best wishes to your Fiat Linea on her first birthday.

Let me hope that you'll upload the birthday pictures. Btw, how many kms did you crunch so far?

I wish you a happy and safe motoring. Always wear your seat-belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
So true. There is something in a Fiat which creates a unique fondness with the car owner!
+1 to you EARTHed

And, may be that's the reason why most of the Fiat owners end up buying a Fiat next time.

PS: EARTHed, you've repeated the word 'which' twice. And, the above post is your 123rd post in T-BHP

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 15th October 2010 at 14:32.
Old 15th October 2010, 15:22   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy birthday to your car. May your love story go on forever.

Only 5300 kms in a year!! That sort of mileage got done (or near about) was done in couple of trips within a month of buying my current car.
Old 15th October 2010, 17:30   #44
BHPian

Raj Paaji, Congratulations to you and your Red beauty for completing one Year. I could sense the passion you had for the Linea, when we met at Marine Drive.

@Sudev, Raj's Mile munching is better than me, from last 2 years i am able to run the Car only for 4996 Kms that too, reached this mark only today
Old 15th October 2010, 18:08   #45
BHPian

HBD to your Linea Raj. Many more happy miles.

Most Viewed