Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 20:55   #46
BHPian

Re: My Ferrari red Punto MJD Emotion pack

Punto's brake pads don't last long thanks to the strong bite while braking. Still, you can improve their lives by going easy on them.

Don't go by what your SA says, ask him to just change the pads. If you follow his logic, you will shell out 5k+ bucks at every 20,000km just for maintaining the brakes.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 13:17   #47
BHPian

The SAs take was that the pads wont sit well with the discs if the discs are not changed. He also said most Puntos do it at 18k kms, so I was doing it late. I wasnt very sure so went ahead and did it. I should have seen this coming and read up a bit on what people do with their 3rd service on puntos. But my total bill was 14430 rs. Pretty steep, I guess. I am attaching pics of the old pads , discs and the invoice. I also got the clutch slave cylinder changed in warranty ( got the steel part instead of the plastic). My rear fog light and assembly had been damaged so had to replace that as well.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ferrari red Punto MJD Emotion pack-img_0461.jpg  

My Ferrari red Punto MJD Emotion pack-img_0470.jpg  

Old 15th December 2011, 16:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
The SAs take was that the pads wont sit well with the discs if the discs are not changed.
So, if that's the case then it should be the same for all manufacturer who changes the brake pads, i guess the technology is the same .

But im not sure if we need to change the disc also when we change the brake pads, other punto owners can confirm this .

Cheers
Old 16th December 2011, 17:00   #49
BHPian

There is nothing like u need to replaced brake discs along with Pads. My brake pads were replaced @ 36K kms. No disc replacement is needed unless its damged

Most Viewed