Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 13:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Bose!

Thats a nice surprise for your daughter for her summer Vacation. It is nice vehicle. How do you guys manage to get the 4WD out of assembly. It seems if not follow up, it would have taken its own sweet time to get the vehicle out of the assembly line.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:50   #17
BHPian

Thanks again for all the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Congrats Bose, on your new purchase!

Perhaps i need to catch up too, on the Safari 2010 models. Seems like the dash is grey in colour, with beige pillars that your Safari has got. Also, the accelerator pedal now looks like one, unlike in the older 2.2's (and possibly the 3.0's as well), where it's made entirely of plastic, with a convex contact surface. Do you see the drive-by-wire sensor mounted at the hinge of this pedal?

Cheers.
- I did not realize there was a change. Will check for the drive-by-wire on the gas pedal when I get the vehicle on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Bose,

Congrats on getting your vehicle on hand!

This was one of the colors that I was pinning for, till it was shot down due to an existing blackie at home!

Looks like the pedals are placed at a more reasonable gap than the earlier 2.2's. Apart from that, same interiors (except, also for the blue tint speedo panel). And for personal preference, I think the older light shade to be better.

Prabith also had a tough time when dealing with me; to add to the confusion, at that time he was a newbie at Concord!

So, which location is the first long drive going to be?

EDIT:
PS: You might need to read the rules once. More than 2 smilies are a big no-no.
- Mysore this weekend and Goa next weekend. Thanks for the tip on smileys. Should have the read the rulebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
congrats bose on Safari. Looks muscular,look at a Punto winking at Safari in first photo

How much was the OTR? There is no dead pedal in safari?
- If you mean On the Road price it is 13.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Bose!

Thats a nice surprise for your daughter for her summer Vacation. It is nice vehicle. How do you guys manage to get the 4WD out of assembly. It seems if not follow up, it would have taken its own sweet time to get the vehicle out of the assembly line.
- Yes. 4wd is a real issue. If you are not lucky to have one on the line/yard you will have to wait. I was lucky to have a friend who knew someone in the Pune plant. But this is a lot better than Mahindra where the sales guy gave me a short speech on the uselessness of a 4wd and said that if I still go for one I cannot hound him for delivery.
That is why if you get a 4wd within a few weeks better check the date of manufacture. Concorde has been trying to push a Aug 2009 4wd at a few lakhs discount.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:09   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your Safari. I personally preferred the pre-facelifted version without all the chrome and with beige interiors. Also the faux wood on the central panel looked so much better in the previous version.

If I wanted to buy the Vx/ Gx 4x4 pre-facelifted version within April, could i get one? Would Tata make it for me or could i ask the dealers to source it for me?
Old 29th March 2010, 19:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Congrats on your Safari. I personally preferred the pre-facelifted version without all the chrome and with beige interiors. Also the faux wood on the central panel looked so much better in the previous version.

If I wanted to buy the Vx/ Gx 4x4 pre-facelifted version within April, could i get one? Would Tata make it for me or could i ask the dealers to source it for me?
Check with the dealer nearby. I know for sure that Pune plant has a few of those lying around. All white though. Made Dec 2009. However, think before you agree for a old one. There have been incidents where people got a faulty vehicle and the entire chassis was replaced. And of course ask for a HEFTY discount.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:21   #20
BHPian

areee yaar upload more pics of the beast.....
Old 29th March 2010, 19:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase Bose, brings back memories of my GX check in the stockyard. Happy motoring.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post

Seems like you are one unique person with a different choice/opinion on all those you mentioned above
Tata can not make one like a 2009 version. But, if you are seriously looking for one, you should be able to get it from the "plant" which was already in stock and it would be minimum of ~4 months old. Check out Concorde Motors (if available in your state/city) for better pricing and more recent manufacturing date. Good thing, you should be able to get it within 2 weeks based on transit time for your location from the plant.
There is a good amount of discount prevailing for 2009 variants and if you can control your curiosity, you should be able to get better bargains !

Good luck
Prem.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:57   #23
BHPian

Just back from Concorde.
They had promised to register the car on Monday and keep it ready by today for delivery<that's 2 full days for PDI etc>. Alas, they registered <or are trying to> the car today and can only deliver tomorrow or later. By far the most depressing point in this entire experience. Had taken daughter along .. at least could let her see the ride. Let us see what tomorrow brings - Delivered car or increased OTR.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bose,

You should have checked with them about the registration on Monday afternoon / evening! And when you say, at 8pm, they are trying to register the car today, it means that you are still in the dark about what is happening there! Not a good sign!

Hope you get your ride soon.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bose and welcome to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bose View Post
The wish of driving something where I won't feel so sensitive about the road or the number of adults sitting inside the car...
Precisely the reason, I too, favored Safari over Altis .

Hope you enjoy your ride for years.

Cheers,

-BJ
Old 1st April 2010, 14:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bose, so I see you went to Concorde Stockyard on Sarjapur road, good.

Registering today onwards means more tax overall, but cant help it now, its already April.

Last edited by dadu : 1st April 2010 at 14:12.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Bose, Any update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Congrats Bose, so I see you went to Concorde Stockyard on Sarjapur road, good.

Registering today onwards means more tax overall, but cant help it now, its already April.
Did not know that there was one stock yard at Sarjapur road, thought they had only one at Hosur road.

And, as for the tax, there was a post earlier saying that the increase in applicable only to new stocks and not existing stocks. Not sure of it though. Yet to see a news article on that.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:07   #28
BHPian

Concorde had called.
They have said they will deliver the car at my home today afternoon.
Looks like they did manage to register it yesterday.
I am not celebrating till I actually have the keys in my pocket.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And, as for the tax, there was a post earlier saying that the increase in applicable only to new stocks and not existing stocks. Not sure of it though. Yet to see a news article on that.
There was a news item in DH today that for motor vehicles, new taxes will be applicable even if the stock is old. For general consumables, prices cannot be above MRP.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Dear Bose: Please do call and check with those nice gentlemen that work at Concord at least once an hour, till you get a confirmation from your home that a black Safari is standing in front of your house and the key was handed over!

@SBRaj: Ah! So they are milking the cow, after all! For a moment I was also surprised, due to my mis-understanding of the news earlier!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks