Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 15:06   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Sure. Indeed it was one of your posts that inspired me to go ahead with the Innova.

I would always service the vehicle at the Toyota authorized centers, the same way I did for my previous car - Honda City.

As for the fuel, what's your idea on fuelling from Shell? The normal diesel, NOT the Xtra/super. Toyota showroom staff adviced me NOT to fuel from shell as that would yield black smoke. Fuelling from HP or Indian Oil at Bangalore cannot be trusted as there are quite some malpractices at such places.
I always had the gut feeling and also has proved to much extent the same way that BP (Bharat Petroleum) was the best fuel available. Till now for my 2000 model zen, and 2005 Sumo always ensured that I fill BP. Fuel wise this has never given me any trouble. But this can slightly vary based on the retail providers you go and fill. That was very much evident the day I filled from some retailer I have never filled before.

I always used to fill from Jeevan Bhima nagar, which I always relied on and has worked well to me. And strangely once I filled from BP mysore. The pump was of decent one, but after that I had observed a slight missing or knocking effect in speed as low as 20kmph. Not sure this is because of the low fuel quality or something to tune up in engine or carburettor of my 2000 model zen. Till this moment my baby (read zen) has not given me any trouble of any sorts.

And also if adulteration happens its mostly on diesel, for which most retailers add kerosene to it just a case of sheer day light robbery I say.

Also Nitin, did you already sell your honda city. Its been some time I was planning to upgrade from zen to Type II old honda city. Which model was it, in case.

rgrds
prsn
Old 27th May 2010, 01:41   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I have another question about Innova. Does 2009 / 2010 Innova V / VX come with 5 alloys or 4 Alloys + 1 Steel wheel. ?
All 5 are alloy wheels with tires of the same size. I own a 2009 Vx
Old 4th June 2010, 11:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
I always had the gut feeling and also has proved to much extent the same way that BP (Bharat Petroleum) was the best fuel available. Till now for my 2000 model zen, and 2005 Sumo always ensured that I fill BP. Fuel wise this has never given me any trouble. But this can slightly vary based on the retail providers you go and fill. That was very much evident the day I filled from some retailer I have never filled before.

I always used to fill from Jeevan Bhima nagar, which I always relied on and has worked well to me. And strangely once I filled from BP mysore. The pump was of decent one, but after that I had observed a slight missing or knocking effect in speed as low as 20kmph. Not sure this is because of the low fuel quality or something to tune up in engine or carburettor of my 2000 model zen. Till this moment my baby (read zen) has not given me any trouble of any sorts.

And also if adulteration happens its mostly on diesel, for which most retailers add kerosene to it just a case of sheer day light robbery I say.

Also Nitin, did you already sell your honda city. Its been some time I was planning to upgrade from zen to Type II old honda city. Which model was it, in case.

rgrds
prsn
Hi,
I sold my Honda City and then bought the Innova. The Honda City was purchased by a Bhp-ian!
Old 13th June 2010, 07:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I started using shell diesel on the Innova. I fill from the Shell station from hosur road, bangalore. Till date, there has been no issues and the performance is higher I should say. I've been observing higher pickup and no smoke at all.

Filled twice on a full tank but no issues. I use normal diesel from Shell.

The only catch is the INR 8/- per liter hike in cost for Shell.
Old 13th June 2010, 15:18   #80
BHPian

I think then we have to mark every part ,what is the assurance that they wont do it with other parts .All greedy delears are same like this , whenever get a chance they all will cheat customers and make quick money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Nitin Da,

Nice Pics

Good that you fought and got athe orignal 3M. They cheat us unless they are sure we know our stuff. Most customers go to the dealer and order for stuff as if they would buy a packet of dish washing soap from provision stores.

There are very few who research (I am referring to Non-Tbhpians) and then buy a car.

I have an idea for that "Qualis Glass Change" issue. Drive your Innova to some Glass merchant and "Etch" your Registration numbers on all 8 glasses. From Team-BHP I infer that It should take you INR 200/- at the max. This will save you trouble of standing with them, if you job does not allow syou you to do so. I mean they might just say it will take 8 hrs for the repair work, You are in que number xxxx etc and shoo you away.
Old 20th June 2010, 16:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Today, the 2nd April, I went to an accessories shop and got the following done:

Leather seat covers - seats and steering
OVRM chrome with indicators..
Rear spoiler with lights.
side visors.
Sun film - Llumar: Sides, rear and front.
Mufler cutter.
Bumper protectors.
Hi,

Can you pls let me know how much did each of these accessories cost & from where did you purchase them?

Your Innova looks really cool, with all those add ons.
Old 30th June 2010, 08:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Hi,

Can you pls let me know how much did each of these accessories cost & from where did you purchase them?

I have also replaced the entire stock audio with Pioneer AVH 3250, Hertz amp and speakers! this may be found in the thread "New Speakers for Innova's Stock Audio System"

I'm now looking for a home car washing kit. Please suggest if anyone knows of such a product.

regards,

Nitin.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:55   #83
Senior - BHPian

Nitin,

Bosch home car wash machine is available for 13.5 K appx. you would need power and water (Tap) available near your car. you would need to shop around for Car Shampoo, Detailing cloth and various other things like interior detailing cream, etc etc.

I would personally suggest you to get your car washed with a Car detailer.
Old 7th July 2010, 09:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

Wow scorpiobharath,

That's too expensive! I found a much more cost effective solution from ebay and ordered the same:
eBay India: CAR WASHING WATER 4 FUNCTIONAL SPRAY GUN+5 M HOSE (item 250651688083 end time 15-Jul-2010 18:48:34 IST)

This is a 5m hose (flat) with a spray gun, costing around INR 600/-. It guess this would serve my purpose, as I've got a tap that would supply the water and the spray gun would spray water at some pressure.

I've ordered on COD so if i find the quality skimpy, can always return it.

regards,

Nitin.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Nitin Da,

Bhalo

It is very good. If it can serve the purpose, and does a good job I will go in for it. When is the expected date of delivery. Please try it out. One most common problem in hose is that under pressure, the setup comes loose at the point where it is connected to the tap
Old 12th July 2010, 17:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

Nitin, Did you receive the hose ? did you get a chance to try it out ?
Old 14th July 2010, 08:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I did get the item, however I'm not satisfied as its quite a thin hose made of some cheap plastic like material wrapped in stranded fabric. The ends also did not fit well on the tap and the front part kept on coming apart if I increased the water pressure.

I'm planning to return the item.

regards,

NItin.
Old 14th July 2010, 08:13   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Hi,

Leather seat covers - seats and steering~15k
OVRM chrome with indicators..~4.5k
Rear spoiler with lights.~7k
side visors.~4k
Sun film - Llumar: Sides, rear and front.~11k
Mufler cutter.~800
Bumper protectors~600.

Ofcourse, these prices may vary with quality as I was shown different quality of the same products in different price ranges. Finally, I bought with B/W.
Old 14th July 2010, 08:17   #89
Senior - BHPian

Shell Diesel: Cetane Number

Hi Everyone,

I did finally get a reply from Shell India, regarding their fuel details:

I'm pasting the entire mail as follows:

Dear Mr. Bose,
At the outset, we would like to apologise for the delayed response. Cetane No for BS IV products sold in Shell outlets in Bangalore will have a Cetane No of 51 (minimum).
We look forward to welcoming you on Shell forecourts in future.

Best regards
Shell India

Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:33 AM
To: SIPL Shell reply SIPL-ENQ
Subject: Re: Shell Diesel Cetane Number

Dear Shell India,

I am based out of Bangalore and would be filling mostly from Shell petrol station near Lalbagh.

Please try and give me a reply today as my tank is almost empty and want to fill based on your instruction.

Thanks and regards,

Nitin.

+91 9900 567850

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 3:16 PM
To: nitinbose
Subject: RE: Shell Diesel Cetane Number

Dear Mr. Bose,

Diesel specifications vary by city. There are 13 cities where BS IV specifications are mandated by the government from 1.4.2010. In order to answer your query completely, we would need to know which city you are based in.

Best regards
Shell India

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:45 PM
To: SIPL Shell reply SIPL-ENQ
Subject: Shell Diesel Cetane Number

Hi,

I'd taken delivery of an Innova VX recently.

The dealer tells me NOT to fill from SHELL fuel stations as the diesel from
SHELL is not good for the INNOVA and results in black smoke. They ask me
to fuel from other normal fuel stations.

I'm aware of the superior quality of diesel/petrol sold at shell and the
accuracy in quantity, so I really prefer SHELL diesel. I have been fuelling from shell for my previous car as well, for the last three years.

Upon contacting Toyota, they recommend diesel fuel which has cetane value 50 or higher.

Please let me know which type of diesel from shell has this quality.

Thanks and regards,

Nitin Bose.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OVRM chrome with indicators..~4.5k
Rear spoiler with lights.~7k
Mufler cutter.~800
Bumper protectors~600.
Dear Nitin,

Are these Prices Toyota OE or After market Accessory.

Is the ORVM Blinker Orange LEDs or the cheapo blue LEDs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks