Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 19:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Dear Nitin,

Are these Prices Toyota OE or After market Accessory.

Is the ORVM Blinker Orange LEDs or the cheapo blue LEDs

These are aftermarket accessories. You can obtain the same quality from after market as well. The prices however would only be about 20% less than OE.

regards,

Nitin.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:45   #92
BHPian

Emission Norms Stage IV

Hi

Noticed couple of the innovas bearing sticker of the bharat stage 4. Under the normal badging of the D4D there was another badging with the word inter-cooler mentioned.

What is the difference between the stage 3 engine and the stage 4 engine? If one has the older version can modifications be carried out to make it as efficient as the stage 4.
Old 16th August 2010, 22:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

Scraped the chrome off my new Innova mirrors!

Unfortunately trying to back up our new innova in our driveway scraped both chrome plated ORVM against the house gates.
Now trying to figure out what to do to get these repaired. They look awful, and worse of all the nearby denter-painter said no option but to replace the whole assembly.
Am wondering if there is any way to prise open the outside chrome "cover" and get it rechromed professionally.
Any tips guys?

Last edited by joybhowmik : 16th August 2010 at 22:55.
Old 16th August 2010, 23:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Unfortunately trying to back up our new innova in our driveway scraped both chrome plated ORVM against the house gates.
Now trying to figure out what to do to get these repaired. They look awful, and worse of all the nearby denter-painter said no option but to replace the whole assembly.
Am wondering if there is any way to prise open the outside chrome "cover" and get it rechromed professionally.
Any tips guys?
Just threw away a chrome cover last week as the mirror base had come off due to a small brushup - had to purchase the entire assembly . only if I knew I would have given that RHS cover to you.

I am sure the dealer would have a lot of (broken) mirrors where the chrome cover is intact as the chrome cover is pretty hardy and can take a lot of impact. in my case the cover was still scratchless but had no space to keep it .

Suggest that you take a mechanic in confidence and ask or search the old parts market.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 16th August 2010 at 23:23.
Old 16th August 2010, 23:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

Noticed couple of the innovas bearing sticker of the bharat stage 4. Under the normal badging of the D4D there was another badging with the word inter-cooler mentioned.

What is the difference between the stage 3 engine and the stage 4 engine? If one has the older version can modifications be carried out to make it as efficient as the stage 4.
Torque and Power is same, FE is a bit lower (arguably) for more details see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tercooler.html
Old 16th August 2010, 23:31   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Any tips guys?
try one of the options , depending on the depth of scratch.

1. Polish the part with some good chrome polish

2. See if your nearby car detailer can help you

3. Put aftermarket chrome covers which should cost you around 1000 /-

4. Even if you find a chromer, you will have to give him the naked cover. Someone has to remove the mirror assy and other related stuff and put it back again. Look at labor cost and neatness of execution here. The refit may not look like a factory fit

5. If your pocket is big, replace it with toyota OEM (least recommended as some one may scratch it again. Courtesy mad traffic in india)
Old 17th August 2010, 02:51   #97
BHPian

From one Bose to another - Congratulations! Loved the color too!

I have always loved this car, however the size and the truck like gearshift turned me off. Its a perfect car if you have a driver and purchase the version with the captain seats - Pure Bliss! I always found Toyota's service to be impeccable. Enjoy the ownership experience!

Cheers!
Old 17th August 2010, 23:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scraped the chrome off my new Innova mirrors!

@Buffetfan, @ scopriobharath
Thanks for suggestions -

new OEM part is probably out of budget - will set me back at least 10k and just not worth it considering it will probably be scratched again by someone.

Am going to find out about the old parts - I've heard of a parts market at Chandni Chowk.

Ditto for the covers...

On the Chrome polish - any suggestions on brand name to try/buy? Also is it usually available at the friendly neighbourhood auto parts dealer?
Old 18th August 2010, 12:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

Joy - Second you, there is no use putting an OEM As someone else will damage it.

Try a CAr Spa and / Or go to your after markte accessory store and look out for a good Chrome polish, Turtle, Meguiars are some good brands. There is a Chrome alloy wheel cleaner, butnot sure if it would work on a Chrome Mirror. Theoretically, Chrome is Chrome, whether on Wheel or Mirror.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:21   #100
Senior - BHPian

Joy - What is your final decistion. Did you buy Used parts or did you get the chrome polished ?
Old 27th August 2010, 15:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

I guess chrome polishing may not give you the desirable result and chrome painting may prove expensive.

I would recommend painting the chrome mirror cover with the body color; this may be done at a fraction of the cost of a new cover and an excellent result.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Innova has arrived!!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm back with an update.

Its now eight months since I've owned the Innova. The second service is also over and the Odometer has reached about 5800Kms.

There are two major flaws in this Innova design that I've noticed yesterday.

1. The Multi-Information Display.

There is a "distance-to-zero" value display the MID gives, which provides an idea of how far you can drive with the current amount of fuel. When I took delivery of the car and a couple of subsequent fueling of a full tank, the reading was 466Kms. However, during subsequent fueling of even a full tank, the readings began to decrease from 466kms to the current reading of about 425kms.
When I checked with Nandi Toyota, they mention there is a floater in the fuel tank which has the sensor. This floater also has a filter which could have trapped some dirt from the fuel and thus got heavier, resulting in the incorrect readings. The only option is to remove the fuel tank and clean the filter. This issue could be repetitive as no fuel in India is perfectly clean.

So it looks like the MID might as well be not there, as if it give incorrect readings, there's no value add it provides.

2. The immobilizer/key-less entry system.

When you insert the key and turn ON the ignition, you normally hear a "beep" sound, telling you the immobilizer has been disengaged. However, this morning, I did not hear this beep, so I frantically started to wonder what could be wrong, as being the end user, I understood the immobilizer could not be working and it may be a bad idea to start and run the car.

After about half-an-hour of referring and searching, I noticed the park-assist had been switched OFF. Turning the park assist ON, by pressing the button, I could hear the beep, as I would normally.

So, apparently, it seems the immobilizer and the park assist systems are sharing either the beeper or the switch.

What a flaw in design, leading to unnecessary confusion!

We purchase cars like Toyota keeping in mind the unmatching quality in design and performance. However, with this experience, I feel we may have to consider otherwise.

i'm now wondering if there are flaws in the other systems such as safety systems, ECU etc....

Thanks,

Nitin
Old 21st December 2010, 13:32   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post

So it looks like the MID might as well be not there, as if it give incorrect readings, there's no value add it provides.

After about half-an-hour of referring and searching, I noticed the park-assist had been switched OFF. Turning the park assist ON, by pressing the button, I could hear the beep, as I would normally.

So, apparently, it seems the immobilizer and the park assist systems are sharing either the beeper or the switch.

i'm now wondering if there are flaws in the other systems such as safety systems, ECU etc....
Well hardly any MIDs give accurate readings. They give an approximation so its best you treat it as an approximation. Why not actually check how accurate the distance to empty is?

And in no car have I heard a beep signaling the immobilizer has been turned off. The beep would be from your park assist and NOT from any immobilizer. The beep didnt come since your park assist was turned off. Turn it on and everything will be back to normal.

Dont worry there wont be any flaws in your safetly systems or ecu
Old 21st December 2010, 20:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well hardly any MIDs give accurate readings. They give an approximation so its best you treat it as an approximation. Why not actually check how accurate the distance to empty is?

And in no car have I heard a beep signaling the immobilizer has been turned off. The beep would be from your park assist and NOT from any immobilizer. The beep didnt come since your park assist was turned off. Turn it on and everything will be back to normal.

Dont worry there wont be any flaws in your safetly systems or ecu

Hi,

MIDs do not have to give accurate readings, but each time you refuel to a full tank, it should reset and display the same value. The decrease in Kms may be dependent on lot of other factors.

As for the beep sound, its interesting... I'm wondering why it should beep when the ignition is turned ON. Any normal user would think its from the immobilizer, just like the way you open a door using an access card.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:51   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi,

MIDs do not have to give accurate readings, but each time you refuel to a full tank, it should reset and display the same value. The decrease in Kms may be dependent on lot of other factors.
It will not reset to one value always. It does have something to do with the way the vehicle was driven over the past few 100kms, I guess. Mine has the same, though named different, and tank fulls do not always give out the same reading. It varies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks