Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Innova has arrived!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
It will not reset to one value always. It does have something to do with the way the vehicle was driven over the past few 100kms, I guess. Mine has the same, though named different, and tank fulls do not always give out the same reading. It varies.

True, it may have something to do with the way the vehicle was driven, current fuel economy, however, don't you think resetting the values should take all readings to factory default? - just my thoughts

By the way, the engineer at Nandi toyota told me this is also a problem with the Altis!
Old 23rd December 2010, 23:01   #107
BHPian

Decrease in range for full tank might be becasue of fuel price hike
Old 6th February 2011, 12:40   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I'd recently made a trip to Kerala. I'd filled the tank somewhere near Cochin from a Reliance Fuel outlet and guess what, the distance to zero now read 472Kms! Further to this, I'd fuelled again from Shell once I returned to Bangalore, this time the reading was 492Kms!
Looks like its simply showing the distance the car covered on a full tank from the previous refill, which does not truly equate to the actual fuel consumption!

regards,

Nitin
Old 11th February 2011, 08:16   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone!

Finally found the cause: Its the air in the fuel tank. Though I do make it a point to shake the vehicle when topping up, it was never enough. I had to literally shake the vehicle with the help of a couple of people until all the air escaped. It was as if the car was burping! .

From then on the distance to zero reading began to indicate something 48X and above!

quite interesting indeed!

regards,

Nitin
Old 4th April 2011, 15:25   #110
Senior - BHPian

Third Service / 10000Kms Service:

I had sent the car for the 10000kms service on saturday, the 2nd April 2011. There were no complaints from my side, except to check for any loose fixtures which could be causing some rattling.

The default service was carried out: Oil Change, Oil filter change, some gaskets, wiper fluid topup, wheel alignment/balancing and the normal 10000kms service. In addition to this, the 3M paint protection coating and under chassis inspection was also done.

The car was given for service at 8am and was over by 3pm the same day.

Observations so far:

The Innova is definitely a great vehicle for both city and highway driving. Its 5m turning radius and a very responsive steering mechanisms enable you to maneuver under most traffic conditions and parking spaces.

The engine performance is also very good, in terms of pickup and power. You can step on the throttle and expect the car to zoom up! The fuel economy I'm getting is between 8-10kmpl in city driving and 13.2 in the highway.

The interiors are also very ergonomic and comfortable with adequate soundproofing.

Nitin
Old 4th April 2011, 20:15   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Third Service / 10000Kms Service:

I had sent the car for the 10000kms service on saturday, the 2nd April 2011. There were no complaints from my side, except to check for any loose fixtures which could be causing some rattling.

The default service was carried out: Oil Change, Oil filter change, some gaskets, wiper fluid topup, wheel alignment/balancing and the normal 10000kms service. In addition to this, the 3M paint protection coating and under chassis inspection was also done.

The car was given for service at 8am and was over by 3pm the same day.

Nitin
Very precise update. Thanks.
Do you mind sharing the service cost and 3M paint protection cost ?
I am thinking about the paint protection for my Safari.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kaviprem,

The cost of the 3M under chassis coating was about INR 2K, while the body coating was about INR 4500.

I'm really satisfied with the quality of these from Nandi toyota, though done by 3M officials, must try the newly opened 3M showroom.

regards,

Nitin
Old 19th June 2013, 12:22   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Just threw away a chrome cover last week as the mirror base had come off due to a small brushup - had to purchase the entire assembly . only if I knew I would have given that RHS cover to you.

I am sure the dealer would have a lot of (broken) mirrors where the chrome cover is intact as the chrome cover is pretty hardy and can take a lot of impact. in my case the cover was still scratchless but had no space to keep it .

Suggest that you take a mechanic in confidence and ask or search the old parts market.
I had asked the mechanic, it seems the chrome cover is pressed onto the assembly. There is no way for them to work the cover off without damaging either the cover itself or the housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Try a CAr Spa and / Or go to your after markte accessory store and look out for a good Chrome polish, Turtle, Meguiars are some good brands. There is a Chrome alloy wheel cleaner, butnot sure if it would work on a Chrome Mirror. Theoretically, Chrome is Chrome, whether on Wheel or Mirror.
Chrome polish won't work on this - and in fact may end up looking worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I guess chrome polishing may not give you the desirable result and chrome painting may prove expensive.

I would recommend painting the chrome mirror cover with the body color; this may be done at a fraction of the cost of a new cover and an excellent result.
Yes, have thought of that. I went to the body shop guys, and asked them to scrape off the chrome (underneath it is plastic), then prepare the surface and spray paint with body color.
The painter's opinion is that prior to chroming the material is prepared through a chemical process - and that these chemicals would interact with filler & paint and over time cause it to flake off.

The other idea I had was to fix clear plastic turn-signal indicator on the mirror cover- that would be right over the scratched area as well as provide a useful function.
Anyone installed turn-signal indicators on a 2009 Innova?
Old 21st June 2013, 17:53   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Yes, have thought of that. I went to the body shop guys, and asked them to scrape off the chrome (underneath it is plastic), then prepare the surface and spray paint with body color.
Alternatively, you may opt for carbon fiber wrapping. This is the current trend! People use it for roof, pillars etc.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed