Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 14:39   #46
BHPian

Congrats Aviral, for your new hatch.
, I was told by one of the chevy dealers that Fabia registrations have been stopped in the cities where Euro IV compliance has been enforced as its a non-Euro IV compliant car.
Any Info on this ??
Old 7th April 2010, 14:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Yes this may be true as the HTP engine does not confirm to the Euro 4 norms. The news is that the new Polo engine may be plonked into the Fabia soon. However in that case Skoda themselves will not be selling this car any more till the new Euro 4 version hits the dealerships.

Last edited by SPARKled : 7th April 2010 at 14:54.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:02   #48
BHPian

Very brave of you to go for a skoda despite all the horror stories. You're now the first guy I know with a fabia... look forward to checking it out at the next team-bhp meet.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I am in two minds, either to go for high end India Vista Aura with ABS & Airbags or go for Skoda Fabia Classic. Both have a price difference of 40K. Have a few doubts:

1. Today when I called the dealer, the salesperson said the spare parts have become cheaper since its being manufactured in India only compared to earlier time where they were importing these at higher cost and import taxes. Has the cost of maintainance come down?

The Fabia spares / service will still be costlier (about 1.5 times) than the Xeta.

2. For the Fabia the dealer is claiming a mileage of 12-13 KM in city and 15-16 KM in highway with AC on. Is this true.

FE depends a lot on the road / traffic / driving style.
12/13 kmpl with AC, in City, is achievable in Fabia petrol.

Diesels would go 15+ kmpl.

3. Also the ground clearence is 146 MM compared to Vista's 165MM. So is it easy to drive in bad roads.

Not really. First of all low ground clearance means underbody hits over large speed breakers, but better handling.

However the 146 mm GC of Fabia is a little misleading.
It is at the front most part of the car, and not the area between the wheels.
So far this low GC has not been reported as a problem in any Fabias known.

4. Has the service of Skoda in Bangalore improved from earlier days.

People have been giving good reviews about Vinayaka at Bangalore.

Responses inline.

The vista will definately be lighter on the pocket, more options of A.S.S, more internal space etc.

But the feel of driving the Fabia, the quality of parts, the build, refinement of clutch / gearbox / suspension etc. is leagues and miles ahead of the Vista.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:22   #50

Congrats on your new car

Honestly, I feel the interiors of the Fabia look quite outdated when compared to its competition, but yes, the quality cannot be matched by any other.
Old 7th April 2010, 21:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Responses inline.
The vista will definately be lighter on the pocket, more options of A.S.S, more internal space etc. But the feel of driving the Fabia, the quality of parts, the build, refinement of clutch / gearbox / suspension etc. is leagues and miles ahead of the Vista.
Thanks a lot Jigbaraj, Vista will be lighter but the Skoda Quality is far far better than Indica Vista. Since the dealer is providing 2 years warranty, i think I should not worry on parts as of now. The 1.5 times the price is ok I feel, since Fabia is 5.5 times better in quality and saftey, so will have to consider the additional cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Very brave of you to go for a skoda despite all the horror stories. You're now the first guy I know with a fabia..
The horror story sets aside when you experience the car. The car is a gem. So people will deffinitely buy it, its worth the quality and loaded with saftey features. I think Skoda needs to work on the service deliveries at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Ans:
3) haven't had a problem till now, actually i believe ground clearance figures can be decieving sometimes, since the service lane behind my home is badly damaged, and we do go through that rough patch once in a while, the C220, Civic do get scratched from below, but haven't had a issue with fabia till now..
Thanks Aviral, Thats a good thing was more worried on GC. But if Fabia can manage them I think it will make life easy.
Old 7th April 2010, 21:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantSoul View Post
Congrats on your new car

Honestly, I feel the interiors of the Fabia look quite outdated when compared to its competition, but yes, the quality cannot be matched by any other.
thanks
yes, although the design is quiet simple inside - some may call it outdated, it's still got that premium feel to it, as if it belongs to a different segment altogether. I have seen the interiors of i20 and jazz, which are no where as close to fabia's interiors in terms of simplicity, quality and feel.
Old 8th April 2010, 07:01   #53
BHPian

Fabia has a simple but functional design. The interiors are very european to look. I find it very similar to what Polo has. Infact even Punto has very simple interiors(outdated if you may say) if we compare it with i20 or Jazz or even swift. But the Quality of the plastics and their look and feel is just fantastic, Comparable with what Jazz offers at about 2 lacs less. (just comparing plastic quality not the whole cars)
Old 8th April 2010, 23:06   #54
BHPian

Came across a list of complaints against Skoda service, some are very recent also. Seeing this now I am in two minds on Fabia.

skoda fabia Complaints - Irresponsible dealer, AC, Breaks, FM not working
Old 9th April 2010, 11:26   #55
BHPian

your call

Quote:
Came across a list of complaints against Skoda service, some are very recent also. Seeing this now I am in two minds on Fabia.

skoda fabia Complaints - Irresponsible dealer, AC, Breaks, FM not working

to buy or to not to buy, it is absolutely and only your call, neither me or anyone else should convince you either wise,
I started this thread to tell and share my initial take on Skoda Fabia, Skoda who many people correlate with bad after sales so on and so forth.

One thing, after having visited
1. Fiat for Punto
2. Hyundai for I20
3. Chevrolet for Beat
4. VW for Polo
5. Honda for Jazz
6. Skoda for Fabia
one thing that the last offers the best at its price is the

feeling of truly driving a well built car,
which offers decent perks,
good vfm,
incredible interior feel
and quality,
excellent gearbox,
European build.

things going against GP (for me) were:
rear windows just like old Fiat Padmini,
poor head room at front,
rear legroom,
steering wheel is almost like in your face,
quality,
build issues (awful fitting of dash revealed gaps everywhere in TD car)

against I20:
Truly Korean product,
no quality to be seen anywhere,
rear legroom was strictly average,
Magna version has a very poor quality crafted steering wheel,
asta's steering wheel is just like civic's (now all honda's have it i believe), orange backlit display looked so cheap in character and feel (now changed to blue, not seen yet)

beat: stands no chance when comparing with I20, Fabia etc, understandable as it belongs to a different segment also.

polo: i had it almost booked, but the waiting period was a little too much for me, besides rear legroom was in no comparo to fabia.

Jazz: price and price only, i.e., it really offered nothing much more in terms of quality, ride, space, equipment when compared with others.

so there you go, take your time, see if your city has a good skoda dealer, contact fellow bhpians, Test drive all vehicle you've shortlisted, and then decide for yourself.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:32   #56
BHPian

what is the price at which you bought. what are the discounts like? is it worth going for the elegance version or classic can do it for you?

congratulations on the car! its a mature, well built, solid hatchback.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
what is the price at which you bought. what are the discounts like? is it worth going for the elegance version or classic can do it for you?

congratulations on the car! its a mature, well built, solid hatchback.
i got the car at a total discount of some 55k rupees, classic gave me all the features that i was looking for in the car (Power steering, windows, airbags, Car Radio etc) you can always go for a higher variant budget permitting.
Old 12th May 2010, 15:12   #58
BHPian

I booked the Skoda Fabia 1.2 Classic on Monday after taking a TD on Saturday.

The car is excellent no doubt, very easy to handel and has a excellent engine.

And service as of now is the big risk which I have taken. Hope things would improve in Skoda.

Hope to get the car on the weekend.
Old 12th May 2010, 15:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And service as of now is the big risk which I have taken. Hope things would improve in Skoda.

Congrats Kadri007!

The fabia is a great car, i'm sure you'll love it
The gear shift is great and the pickup is quite good in second and third gears.

Start an ownership thread when you get her home!

Last edited by anekho : 12th May 2010 at 15:19.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats ! Is that a BS-4 Fabia ? I heard that the BS-4 variant would get the same engine as Polo but will come later in the year.

If its BS-3 better check the manufacturing date, before getting it registered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks