Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 21:35   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Congrats ! Is that a BS-4 Fabia ? I heard that the BS-4 variant would get the same engine as Polo but will come later in the year.

If its BS-3 better check the manufacturing date, before getting it registered.
Thanks Indivic, The Skoda Fabia is BS 3, but it is equivalent to BS 4. It has been certified as low polluting vehicle and hence Fabia is still getting registered in all metros'. The Euro 4 is expected after 3 months. Thats a long wait.

The dealer is getting registered in Bangalore city only. Hence no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congrats Kadri007! The fabia is a great car, i'm sure you'll love it
The gear shift is great and the pickup is quite good in second and third gears.

Start an ownership thread when you get her home!
I know its a big gamble which I took since the car is very good. I decided only after taking a good test drive. There has been many bad experiences. But the new dealer in Bangalore seems good. And rest is left to lady luck.

I think if Skoda ensures customer satisfaction ,improved after service and reasonable spares rates , it would actually work wonders to it. The car is just fabalous.

Only when you TD the vehicle you will feel the quality.

Will Surely start a thread .. have lots to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
so there you go, take your time, see if your city has a good skoda dealer, contact fellow bhpians, Test drive all vehicle you've shortlisted, and then decide for yourself.
Skoda has opened a new dealership in Bangalore. The sales experience has been just great.
Old 12th May 2010, 22:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

kadri, I really appreciate your decision. Go for it if you like the car. Discount all other opinions for the moment.
Old 13th May 2010, 08:18   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Very brave of you to go for a skoda despite all the horror stories. You're now the first guy I know with a fabia... look forward to checking it out at the next team-bhp meet.
Not really , many Fabia owners have moved on and are active in their own Fabia ownership portal.
You can see some good reviews all nagging issues from owners who have run the car for over 2 years , you will be surprised there are very few owners who are not happy with the cars.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
kadri, I really appreciate your decision. Go for it if you like the car. Discount all other opinions for the moment.
Thanks Poloman , Till Saturday afternoon I was considering Fiat Punto 1.2 Emotion. But Unfortunatly the Fiat dealer was going on postponing the TD giving excuses. The first dealer did the same and the second dealer was almost the same as first dealer. Two weeks lost in this. And on Monday even after telling I will look for someother car if you dont get it in on Monday morning. Nothing worked. When the sales experience itself was sad wondered how the service will be. So on Monday till afternoon I waited so that If now atleast I would have got the car for TD I can change my decission after TD. But nothing happened. So atlast decided to go with Fabia and drop Fiat Punto.

Reasons for going with Skoda:

Safety was a big priority and Fabia matches it well. Saftey features especially Airbags in base model. Parents also insisted on a safe car due to some accidents in family. So I also thought it will keep them less worried when I do long drives between Bangalore and Mangalore. It will keep my parents happy.

It came into my budget of Rs 6.13 on road in Bangalore.

Looks of the car and driving comfort. My Test drive experience was just great. Did a TD in bad roads with 5 people on board. Driving is just comfortable. Went in zig zag roads which has small slopes and ups. Fabia is just easy to handel and doesnt make you feel its going out of control in turnings. No doubt people call it a tank. It just sticks to the raod.

Didnt feel the engine is underpowered. It easily climbs in 3rd gear. I was expecting engine noise as it was mentioned in reviews. So offed the AC and did on low gears. The 1.2 is absoulty smooth. No noise. The sales guy told me the earlier 1.4 verison had this probem and diesel version also has higher noise levels.

The engine is absolutly smooth and the steering is very light. The quality is really good hence came to know why the price of spares are so high.

Ground clearence is very good. It doesnt bump up and down while going over a hump or in bad roads. Very comfortable with sufficient leg space. Rear AC went. The gear shifts, cluth, etc are very smooth.

Got at a good Interest rate and got a extended warraty of 3 years. 2 years warraty free. Also will be taking a Skoda Insurance additional package which covers bumper to bumper insurance to decrease my worries about service cost.

And Vinayaka Skoda is a new dealer and seems to be good. The sales experience was been great. Also Skoda was responsive in attending my questions whenever I mailed them.

Also got some good feedback from my friends about Vinayaka Skoda and also from Fabia owners in Bangalore. They all were satisfied customers.

I know its a big risk which I took. Sometime must take it for keeping family family and loved ones happy. Then its left to how God wants. I always believe everything happens for a reason and for the good. So keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

@aviral - Good choice of car and color mate! Wishing you hassle free experience with the car. Very good pics of the car and a good write up.

@kadri - Congrats on booking the car. Apart from keeping the family happy, I am sure you would feel safer and happy with you decision for a car with safety features on your solo drives from B'lore - M'lore. Wishing you too a trouble free experience!
Old 13th May 2010, 15:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Only when i started reading this forum, I came to know that Skoda is having so many issues.i am yet to come to terms with all the negative aspects discussed here. I get confused when I see tons of Skodas every day on road in Bangalore and on occasional highway trips. How can a brand having so many complaints against them put so many cars on road. Are all of these unhappy customers? I don't think so.I am of the opinion 90% of your problems are resolved, if you have a goos dealer irrespective of brand.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I booked the Skoda Fabia 1.2 Classic on Monday after taking a TD on Saturday.

The car is excellent no doubt, very easy to handel and has a excellent engine.

And service as of now is the big risk which I have taken. Hope things would improve in Skoda.

Hope to get the car on the weekend.
Congrats kadri, did you book the car from tafe access, mangalore?i am getting calls daily from them but still hesitant whether to go for it or not.i am worried about the same issues you too are worried about!!
Old 13th May 2010, 17:43   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Congrats kadri, did you book the car from tafe access, mangalore?i am getting calls daily from them but still hesitant whether to go for it or not.i am worried about the same issues you too are worried about!!
I booked it from Vinayaka Skoda in Bangalore. Its a new dealer. The sales experience has been good. And got some good reviews about them.

Tafe in Bangalore has messed up Skoda is what I have heard. Hence Tafe access is from the same group I would not suggest it.

You have a option to buy the car in Bangalore from Vinayaka if you can.

If you take the Skoda Insurance package you will get 24X7 road assiatance anywhere.

And service interval is once in 15K KMS hence it may be a once a year service.

Speak to few Skoda owners in Mangalore and ask them how is Tafe service there.

Do chek out for Punto also, my sales experience was very good with Auto Matrix in Mangalore.

Last edited by kadri007 : 13th May 2010 at 17:48.
Old 13th May 2010, 18:15   #69
BHPian

Congrats to the new owners of Fabia 1.2.
My Fabia 1.2 Classic has covered 19000kms in 14 months. I have not faced any problems so far and hope there would not be any in future also. I have taken this car to Sandur in Bellary district where the only traffic is that of heavy trucks hauling loads of iron ore and a few Jeeps and buses. The low GC was bothering me as there are terrible craters and humps on those roads. Fabia was loaded with 4 adults but could still manage with only a few touches to the underbody. This would have been the case with any other car also.
I am getting consistently a mileage of 11-12 kms in the city and 15-16 kms on the highways (AC always on).
I have got JBL component speakers on the rear doors which has very good sound output.
Skoda service at TAFE has not been impressive but there are some guys sincerely trying to improve it. I have not tried Vinayaka as only the first service has been done.
I have travelled to many remote areas in Karnataka with bad roads and where most mobile networks have not yet reached and have not faced any problems.
This is a beautiful car and can do very well with good A.S.S. Hope Skoda and its dealers wake up.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:45   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan Gopal View Post
My Fabia 1.2 Classic has covered 19000kms in 14 months.

Skoda service at TAFE has not been impressive but there are some guys sincerely trying to improve it. I have not tried Vinayaka as only the first service has been done. .
Hi Madan,

How much did you spend for the first service.

I think you can try Vinayaka in your next service. Thier service station is in KR Puram.
Old 13th May 2010, 21:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan Gopal View Post
My Fabia 1.2 Classic has covered 19000kms in 14 months. I have not faced any problems so far and hope there would not be any in future also. I have taken this car to Sandur in Bellary district where the only traffic is that of heavy trucks hauling loads of iron ore and a few Jeeps and buses. The low GC was bothering me as there are terrible craters and humps on those roads. Fabia was loaded with 4 adults but could still manage with only a few touches to the underbody. This would have been the case with any other car also.
I am getting consistently a mileage of 11-12 kms in the city and 15-16 kms on the highways (AC always on).
I have got JBL component speakers on the rear doors which has very good sound output.
Skoda service at TAFE has not been impressive but there are some guys sincerely trying to improve it. I have not tried Vinayaka as only the first service has been done.
I have travelled to many remote areas in Karnataka with bad roads and where most mobile networks have not yet reached and have not faced any problems.
This is a beautiful car and can do very well with good A.S.S. Hope Skoda and its dealers wake up.
did you get the speakers installed from skoda dealer, and are they connected at rear speker pinouts or wired to the same place as front speakers?, i.e., if you turn the fader to rear does the sound come only from rear speakers and vice versa?
Old 13th May 2010, 23:41   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I booked it from Vinayaka Skoda in Bangalore. Its a new dealer. The sales experience has been good. And got some good reviews about them.

Tafe in Bangalore has messed up Skoda is what I have heard. Hence Tafe access is from the same group I would not suggest it.

You have a option to buy the car in Bangalore from Vinayaka if you can.

If you take the Skoda Insurance package you will get 24X7 road assiatance anywhere.

And service interval is once in 15K KMS hence it may be a once a year service.

Speak to few Skoda owners in Mangalore and ask them how is Tafe service there.

Do chek out for Punto also, my sales experience was very good with Auto Matrix in Mangalore.
You have confirmed my worst fears!!!tafe access is quite bad when it comes to service!!they really messed up with one of my friend's laura once after which i am really scared to purchase from them!!

Coming till Bangalore for service is not feasible!!else i would have tried vinayak skoda

btw slightly off-topic but personally i didnt like the service at automatrix!!they do not seem to know much about the 1.6 palio!!
Old 14th May 2010, 18:05   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Madan,

How much did you spend for the first service.

I think you can try Vinayaka in your next service. Thier service station is in KR Puram.
Hi,
I think the first service bill was nearly Rs5000/-.
Will try at Vinayaka for the next service.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:15   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
did you get the speakers installed from skoda dealer, and are they connected at rear speker pinouts or wired to the same place as front speakers?, i.e., if you turn the fader to rear does the sound come only from rear speakers and vice versa?
I took the dealer's help to ensure that somebody who has already worked on a Fabia does it for me. Experimenting can be troblesome as some of these features are very different from other cars.
Separate pinouts are provided for the rear speakers. But terminating these wires is difficult as the pins suitable for it are not provided in the system. The guy who did it in my car had experienced this and had come prepared with suitable ones.
If you turn fader to rear, the output is only from the rear speakers. It can be controlled sideways also. i.e. left / right.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:26   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
You have confirmed my worst fears!!!tafe access is quite bad when it comes to service!!they really messed up with one of my friend's laura once after which i am really scared to purchase from them!!

Coming till Bangalore for service is not feasible!!else i would have tried vinayak skoda

I got my car on Saturday. I took the Skoda Fabia 1.2 Classic Petrol.

The dealer delivery experience was very sad, would not recommend it because the management is least bothered on meeting customer expectations and looks like having cost cutting attitude.

The sales guys are really good. Well aware of the product.

You can go for Fabia only if

1. You love the car a lot, it has got good safety features and handling the car is excellent, else you have a lot of other options.

2. Do read all the reviews and don't keep any expectations from the dealers or even Skoda to that matter. Forget international brand experience, it will not give you even a Indian experience also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks