Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 10:36   #16
BHPian

Dear askicode

Welcome to the SX4 family, its one of the best car for the Indian roads, but not as powerful as its competitors but you will not feel it unless you do a drag.
Old 7th April 2010, 00:58   #17
BHPian

Hi askicode, you're making life really tough for me! Ever since the Oyster Blue SX4 has been launched I have had to pull together all my resolve to not trade in my 2007 Clear Beige (Golden) SX4 for an Oyster Blue VVTi. I go weak in the knees everytime I see one on the roads, or the pix of your car here, and am afraid of losing the battle that my head has so far been winning over the heart!! Congratulations, your car looks lovely!
Old 7th April 2010, 02:56   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase!! welcome to the SX4 club.

Drive safe and happy motoring.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:46   #19
BHPian

Prabal: Glad you liked the Oyster Blue. I think the Clear Beige is also a wonderful color. Thanks for those kind words.

Maglev: Had gone through quite a few of your posts on the SX4 when I was doing my research. Thanks

A quick update on the FE. I am getting about 13 kmpl on the second top up. Clocked about 540 kms since 27-Mar-2010. I guess at this rate i am sure to finish the 1000km mark before this month ends and when the first service would be due.

I have still to get the seats done which has got delayed. Will be doing it tomorrow. Will upload pics of the interiors after that..

I also found the stock lamps to be quite inadequate at night. Thinking of upgrading it to 100/90 lamps. I had done the same for my old Indica. I am told that there would be no cutting of wires and they would out in a relay and fresh set of wires with new holders. I am not sure what it does to warranty. But surely its getting pretty difficult to drive at nights.

Otherwise I am enjoying the ride of this wonderful car. I cant seem to get enough of it.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:37   #20
BHPian

A little delayed I guess, but Congrats!

- Re the colour, I think it was me who posted that I found the Oyster Blue a little dull when seen in person, but I like it a little more after seeing your pics!
- Awesome discounts you have wrangled while purchasing!
- Re speedbreakers, I have discovered ONE way in which you can get a scrape.. Approach a large-ish speedbreaker at speed (it didn't have any signs/ white lines), press the brakes hard at the last moment and the front bumper bottom will scrape the speedbreaker. Not recommended...
- Rear parking sensors, haven't got these yet, haven't had any issues so far. But I HAVE scraped the front one while parking; on a large-ish cement block...
- Re ignition RPM rise and fall, this happens on my WagonR as well, I think its the engine's way of cranking it a bit automatically at start. The owner manual also tells us not the do this ourselves
- Re FE we're seeing some very different figures on the forum, my feeling, increasingly, is that its a lot more to do with driving style than anything else. The 2nd/ 3rd gears are a bit taller than ideal so people who are happy to take what they deliver would get better FE, but those who are a little impatient and downshift to zoom forwards will get lower FE

Nice handle!
Old 8th April 2010, 14:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

The high engine idling in modern MPFI cars is to warm the engine on a cold start. If u notice, this doesnt happen when the engine is warm.

This mechanism is brought in to replace the 'choke' which is present in old carb'd cars.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:05   #22
BHPian

DRIV3R
Thats an awesome piece of info. All this while I was racking my head as to why in cold start the engine is running at higher rpm. Infact especially during those situations I had to be carefully while releasing the clutch. This feature is real cool. Infact I was reading in the manual that incase engine doesnot fire during cold start, press the accelerator half way and start it else press the accelerator fully down and then start.

Looks like lot of advancements. My last car was an Indica Diesel and prior to that it was the M800 and Fiat. I guess there have been lot of significant improvements in both diesel and petrol versions.

mrwalker:
Thanks for your wishes. Boy... never in my wildest dreams did I visualize that scenario that you mentioned regarding scraping of bumpers. I tend to agree on the FE part. Its more to do with the driving style.

I kind of put the parking sensors aside for now. Have been able to manage without. Will take a stock of it again later and then decide.

Unfortunately there are so many negatives that this car has been labelled for giving the impression to newbies that its an inferior product. Only when one uses it, one tends to get to know how good this car really is

Last edited by askicode : 8th April 2010 at 18:13.
Old 9th April 2010, 00:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
Prabal: Glad you liked the Oyster Blue. I think the Clear Beige is also a wonderful color. Thanks for those kind words. Otherwise I am enjoying the ride of this wonderful car. I cant seem to get enough of it.
Thanks askicode, Clear Beige is a very nice collour but nice blues are even better! Yes, the SX4 is a wonderful car. Frankly this car raises the bar for any replacement in consideration, and makes it very difficult to accept one in its place.

Some old leg injuries are coming back to haunt me now, so an AT is becoming a very strong consideration, especially in town (although I'm a serious highway high-miler also). With all the rumours of a diesel SX4 flying about, if there was one on offer right now, with the AT, I'd have it in Oyster Blue with me by now without a second thought. And if there were a Midnight Blue in the lineup as well, I'd have stopped looking at all other cars long back!!
Old 9th April 2010, 21:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
DRIV3R
Thats an awesome piece of info. All this while I was racking my head as to why in cold start the engine is running at higher rpm. Infact especially during those situations I had to be carefully while releasing the clutch. This feature is real cool. Infact I was reading in the manual that incase engine doesnot fire during cold start, press the accelerator half way and start it else press the accelerator fully down and then start.

Looks like lot of advancements. My last car was an Indica Diesel and prior to that it was the M800 and Fiat. I guess there have been lot of significant improvements in both diesel and petrol versions.
Anytime mate. BTW i just forgot to congratulate you on your new acquisition. SX4 is certainly a great VFM product from Maruti Suzuki. And i just love this Oyster Blue colour, even more than the french Eclair. Oyster Blue of SX4 is somewhat similar to Ozone blue of Swift if i am not wrong.

Here's wishing you lakhs of miles of safe motoring on your lovely SX4!
Old 9th April 2010, 22:57   #25
BHPian

AskiCode, This is a new color and for almost the same color for Linea.. its priced more comparatively.

Congrats on you new car.. drive safe...
Old 10th April 2010, 15:03   #26
BHPian

Thanks. I think the linea has it as Foxtrot Azure for which i think they charge a small additional premium from the normal color.
Old 10th April 2010, 15:32   #27
BHPian

Hi Folks,
As promised, posting pics on the interiors after I got the seat covers done.
I got it done from G-Sport in Jayanagar, Bangalore. I chose the Europa series art leather. I didnt expect it to look that good. Infact they have managed to give a factory fit to the seats without removing the original seats. I was all praises for them. Anyways have a look at the pics. Let the pics do the talking.

Front Seats

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4frontseats1.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4frontseats2.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4frontseats3.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4frontseats4.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4frontseats5.jpg
Old 10th April 2010, 15:36   #28
BHPian

Back Seats
Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4backseats1.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4backseats2.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4backseats3.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4backseats4.jpg

Oyster Blue SX4- ZXI-MT-VVT-sx4backseats5.jpg
Old 10th April 2010, 15:54   #29
BHPian

Nice Seat covers, the stitching seems to be of good quality

1. What all options were available when you had to made choice?
2. How is the overall feel ?
3. How much did you end up paying ?

I know too many questions, but cannot resist asking you
Old 13th April 2010, 19:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Nice Seat covers, the stitching seems to be of good quality

1. What all options were available when you had to made choice?
2. How is the overall feel ?
3. How much did you end up paying ?

I know too many questions, but cannot resist asking you
Sorry for the delayed response. Was out of station. Not a problem on the questions. Would be happy to answer them.

I got the covers done from G-Sport Factory which is located in JP Nagar, just behind Mandovi motors(Bannergatta Road). Kenny who manages stuff at G-Sport was very kind enough to show me the options available and the actual fit that they have done for some of the customers.

Details:
G-Sport
# 61, 2nd Main Road
13th Cross
JP Nagar 3rd Phase
Bangalore -560078
g-Sport?

They have five varities viz.
  1. SIGNET
  2. LUSTER
  3. PERFOLEX
  4. PULSE
  5. EUROPA
I chose the fifth option which is the Europa series
You can see these options at g-Sport?

The fit these covers over the top of existing factory fitted covers. I didnt want to remove the factory fitted covers so I knew I might have to compromise on the fitting.

But when I saw the fitting i was awestruck. They actually managed to do a factory fit despite putting it on top of existing covers. i asked Kenny how did they manage to do that. He said that as they do this for lot of manufacturers and tie up with most of the auto dealers, whenever a new car is released they actually strip out the first car seat covers to get the actual measurements and fit the covers on it. After that with precise measurements they are able to provide a similar factory fit on existing covers because of the accurate dimensions of the seat.

Infact I just had to tell him my selection of the leather and the model of the car (SX4). He didnt take any dimensions at all. Then he took about 2 days to stitch the covers and then gave me a call for the fitting which took about 3 hrs.

It costed me about 10.5k. The BIMAL was quoting about 14.5k for the same thing.

Overall i found the fit and finish superb and the frills and the quality of leather almost gives a rich look and feel of a pure leather.

Keep the questions pouring in incase you need further info.

Last edited by askicode : 13th April 2010 at 19:45.

Most Viewed