Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 10:17   #31
BHPian

Done a third top up of fuel. Average is about 13.75 kmpl. Got the first servicing done yesterday. The service center was recommending to put in Synthetic Oil. I wasnt too sure whether it was the right thing to do. After lot of discussion finally went for it. After I got the service done and looked up on Team-Bhp, I got to know that its not recommended to put synthetic oil that early. Well the deed is already done. Now i am not too sure whats the impact to the engine.

Anyways after the first service engine is more smooth and better tuned. However at time I still find the gear shift a bit notchy. Overall have clocked about 950 kms all in City. Want to take out on highways to see how the SX4 performs.

I still havent got the headlamp bulb upgrade done.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:42   #32
BHPian

The First service costed me about 4.7k. The reason for the high cost is I changed to synthetic oil (Mobil 1). Engine has been very smooth and refined after the service.

I do have a peculiar problem. Sometimes the reverse doesnot engage. I need to move the car in the front a bit and then the reverse engages. I dont have this problem everytime but it happens on some occasions. Not to sure what could be the problem.

The average has dipped a bit. I am getting about 11.8 to 12 kmpl. I guess even this average is not too bad for a car of this size.

I have now got used to reversing this car and hence have decided not to go in for reverse parking sensors. Havent still found the time for the bulb upgrade. Need to do that fast as I have a long distance trip coming up in June.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
The First service costed me about 4.7k. The reason for the high cost is I changed to synthetic oil (Mobil 1). Engine has been very smooth and refined after the service.

I do have a peculiar problem. Sometimes the reverse doesnot engage. I need to move the car in the front a bit and then the reverse engages. I dont have this problem everytime but it happens on some occasions. Not to sure what could be the problem.

The average has dipped a bit. I am getting about 11.8 to 12 kmpl. I guess even this average is not too bad for a car of this size.

I have now got used to reversing this car and hence have decided not to go in for reverse parking sensors. Havent still found the time for the bulb upgrade. Need to do that fast as I have a long distance trip coming up in June.
Dude,try pressing the clutch for 2-3 seconds and then try engaging reverse.

Average is good enough for a big heavy car.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:19   #34
BHPian

congrats on the car man. I got mine on the 18th of march 2010 and its clocked 2500+ kms already. He (men in skirts though - but I call him Hyperion) has made spoilt - returing a great FE making me take him go on long rides every now and then. Just ease him and talk to him once in a while - he will reward you with a fantastic mileage.

For the mileage report please refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1868341

PS: I never resort to making the engine crawl at higher gears but only drive with a steady foot (not to be confused with light foot)
Old 4th May 2010, 16:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:

hmmm that sounds familiar. my accent gvs used to have that ...heck for the first few days even my sx4 had to moved a cm or two before engaging reverse....but not anymore. after 1k on the odo the gears are butter smooth.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:45   #36
BHPian

well the engine 1.2 petrol is not smooth enough given that but it is spirited.....as spirited as my petrol accent and it sure gives a nice note like my crdi accent. i drive a sx4 nowadays and i think it is a sufficient engine for city driving.

if anybody wanna race around...well its better to wait for the 1.6
Old 4th May 2010, 18:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:

When you encounter this problem again, bring the gear lever to neutral, try releasing the clutch by depressing it and then engage it again by pressing it again, now try engaging reverse gear now. It most often works for me this way.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
When you encounter this problem again, bring the gear lever to neutral, try releasing the clutch by depressing it and then engage it again by pressing it again, now try engaging reverse gear now. It most often works for me this way.
I tried it and it worked. Any idea whats the logic to it. Is it that the clutch is not getting released or something like that. Do I need to get it checked or will it get sorted out after sufficient run-in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks