Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 11:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nicely detailed buying experience. Sorry about that scratch - but I guess you were yet to come to terms with your car's width, thus the scratch.
Enjoy your drive, and post your experience.

Get the following to enhance the looks+comfort:

1. Wider tires
2. Alloys
3. Seat covers
4. Sun film
5. Spoiler
Old 30th March 2010, 12:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Good choice !!
Sorry to see that scratch on the first day itself. It really hurts.
Old 30th March 2010, 12:26   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Cuboid.

The i10 is quite a handy car for the city use. Its got good quality interiors except for the dashboard reflection which can be irritating at times.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:37   #19
BHPian

240 kms update

11 days after driving the beauty home, the Odo now reads 240 kms. Here are my opinion about my first car:

I have driven within city limits only, and had not yet gone out on any long drive. The overall driving experience is very good. If I have to say one word about driving i10, it would be 'comfortable'. I have not found any significant stand-out drawback about this car.

Bads:
- first gear pull w/o accelerator seems very less, it just rolls, need to push the gas a bit, but need to be careful not to rev it high, as it is still in run-in period
- The clutch lever is a bit high for my comfort, and there is no dead pedal. The clutch itself is very comfortable though.
- boot-space is just about sufficient for daily usage, not suitable for big luggages
- The ride is little bit bumpy
- there are tire noise, may be solved with better rubber
- the dash-board reflects on wind-screen, and while moving from light to shade it is very disturbing. Are there any dark dash-board cover for i10?

Goods:
- The engine is super smooth and very very silent. The only time I hear it is while passing a high wall with windows rolled down
- The AC is good enough to chill front passengers very quickly even in noon. The rear passengers also did not complain about heat
- Though the car looks small from outside, the seating space is very comfortable. It is surprising how such a small car can have so much space. 5 people (one of them above 6') have sat on my car comfortably.
- The drive is zippy 2 gear onwards. Have not gone beyond 65kmph due to run-in
- seats ate comfortable overall, though under thigh support is a bit less.
- the steering is very light and ideal for city. This is my first car, and I had drove just 200kms, even then I can operate this on single hand, with one hand on gear knob
Old 30th March 2010, 22:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
11 days after driving the beauty home, the Odo now reads 240 kms. Here are my opinion about my first car:

I have driven within city limits only, and had not yet gone out on any long drive. The overall driving experience is very good. If I have to say one word about driving i10, it would be 'comfortable'. I have not found any significant stand-out drawback about this car.

I agree!

Bads:
- first gear pull w/o accelerator seems very less, it just rolls, need to push the gas a bit, but need to be careful not to rev it high, as it is still in run-in period
- The clutch lever is a bit high for my comfort, and there is no dead pedal. The clutch itself is very comfortable though.
- boot-space is just about sufficient for daily usage, not suitable for big luggages
- The ride is little bit bumpy
Please ensure that you run the tyres with recommended pressure 32~35, I think the bumpiness is more at the back, right?
- there are tire noise, may be solved with better rubber
- the dash-board reflects on wind-screen, and while moving from light to shade it is very disturbing. Are there any dark dash-board cover for i10?
I got used to the beige and reflection in about 250k on odo, but, I have seen some dash covers at some local shops, shouldnt be too difficult to get, IMO

Goods:
- The engine is super smooth and very very silent. The only time I hear it is while passing a high wall with windows rolled down
- The AC is good enough to chill front passengers very quickly even in noon. The rear passengers also did not complain about heat
Agree that. I use blast of Blower-4 for a minute, and then setting 2 for some time, and then setting 1 then onwards. thats enough here !
- Though the car looks small from outside, the seating space is very comfortable. It is surprising how such a small car can have so much space. 5 people (one of them above 6') have sat on my car comfortably.
- The drive is zippy 2 gear onwards. Have not gone beyond 65kmph due to run-in
regarding this, there is already lot of discussion on tbhp, you can go thru the same.
Plus, I have some figures on my review too! see, if you find similar figures rpm:speed for your i10

- seats ate comfortable overall, though under thigh support is a bit less.
- the steering is very light and ideal for city. This is my first car, and I had drove just 200kms, even then I can operate this on single hand, with one hand on gear knob
Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by para_7k
I like your photos and the titles you gave them

You'll get 60 in 3rd gear, 80 in 4th gear, close to 100 in 5th gear at 3000 RPM. Fair enough right ?

thank you para_7k! for your feed..
i am yet to test 3000 rpm levels!
limiting myself to 2500 in 3/4/5 gears, and 3000 in 1/2.
like my previous post says, its done 270km till now.

and, yes, i do avoid 4000s as of yet! will try those just before Service#01, so as to get full feel of car before & after the service!
Quote:
Check the RPM Vs Speeds of the gears on my i10, For that I took the car on a coastal highway-road, and did my testing there
1st: 2000 : 15 kmph
2nd:2000 : 30 (+3~4 kmph)
3rd: 2000 : 45
4th: 2000 : 60 (shade less than 60, perhaps)
5th: 2000 : 70~72kmph

* that was with A/C on.
The above 2 posts in quotes are my observations wrt rpm Vs Speed.
Also do update your performance details, any more observations soon !
what fuel, what tyre pressure, feel on longer drives,

Do you observe any tick-tick sound at idling?
<not from inside the car, but, try listening to it from out side, front, near the bonnet.>

there are many i10-ers here !
We can form a i10 group

Care.

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 30th March 2010 at 22:52.

Most Viewed