Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 17:52   #31
BHPian

iceman, congrats for acquiring the white beauty ! You are lucky to get the car on 25 Mar despite booking a day later than me ! My choice is Red and hopefully I will get within a week. But I am having two minds after seeing the white ones, it looks majestic ! Overall, it has a "bigger car" look in white. Do post more information on your experience. Your observation on slow pick up in lower RPM's was very much felt by me too while doing TD. Like you, I am also switching from Petrol to Diesel, so it will take some time to get used to it. Enjoy your baby and don't forget us !
Old 30th March 2010, 18:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Waiting to see a bit more detailed review the next time.

Also, a small point, split the paras a bit more for easy readability
Old 30th March 2010, 19:13   #33
BHPian

Excellent color, but my folks at home voted it out. The scratches seem very apparent and the white becomes cream after some years.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:33   #34
BHPian

Congrats on the Titanium! Happy Driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nice to see a 1.6S standing in front of the Figo in the 2nd pic. I have the same one.
Gilead, seems like the coral color is giving the aquarius blue color a run for its money..no 2 pictures of the coral dashboard seems to be of same color.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:38   #35
BHPian

Congrats Iceman. The Figo looks great in white. Thanks also for your feedback regarding Bhavna. I was planning to book one through them next week, but looks like it would be best to check out other dealers too.

Cheers!!!
Old 30th March 2010, 19:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Gilead, seems like the coral color is giving the aquarius blue color a run for its money..no 2 pictures of the coral dashboard seems to be of same color.
+1. When I saw it in person inside the showroom it looked like a creamy red and was not very bright.The pictures in gemithomas's white Figo thread looks bright red. The pictures in this thread looks orange-ish

Last edited by joshdrive : 30th March 2010 at 19:45.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:45   #37
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. White color is good and it is one of the cars which has its shine for a very long time.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
+1. When I saw it in person inside the showroom it looked like a creamy red and was not very bright.The pictures in gemithomas's white Figo thread looks bright red. The pictures in this thread looks orange-ish
It's all down to differences in the cameras used and the light. I have seen the coral in person in a Squeeze car and I did not like it. Maybe it looks better on a white car.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:10   #39
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations iceman on the purchase.
White looks great on the Figo.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:13   #40
BANNED

From the pictures, back side looks very beautyful to me, quite neat lines and its growing on me as more I look at it.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
From the pictures, back side looks very beautyful to me, quite neat lines and its growing on me as more I look at it.
I have always maintained that simple/classic lines age well. These days most cars are over-styled, with the Punto, Polo, Fiesta (perfect proportions), Figo and the Linea being notable exceptions. I truly think they are among the best looking cars in India.

@iceman

Your car looks great, the coral dash indeed looks a lot better with the white than the green one that GTO reviewed. Thanks for sharing your experience and keep updating your thread as you find out more and more.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:25   #42
BHPian

Just one line:
This is a BEAutiful Car!
(seriously, congrats on the choice of colour, the car, and the package)
(Not only this car looks like/better than Katrina, but the car is more intelligent too!)
OK, uhh, another line,
what upgrades are in line?

Care.

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 30th March 2010 at 23:27.
Old 31st March 2010, 04:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman1 View Post
* The car does feel a bit under powered at lower speeds and you have to get used to downshifting earlier.Like for instance at speed breakers, it just wudnt pull in 2nd gear and you have to make sure you are in the first gear.This is the first diesel in the family so i guess it may also require some getting used to.
It is always advisable to shift to 1st when the speedo reads less than 10 KMPH. I know it takes some time and practice for someone who has been used to petrols

Remember not to lug the engine while running in (~5000 KM). Rev the engine a bit higher (~1800 RPM constantly), and shift down if the RPM falls below 1600 RPM in any of the gears and do not worry about mileage until 5000 KM. Change engine oil and filter at first service forcibly (they do not usually unless you point a gun at their head). Idle for ~30 seconds before starting and moving off, as well as before switching off the ignition. Have a 5000 KM cycle for Engine Oil change, and 10000 KM cycle for Engine Oil filter change. Change the air filter and fuel filter at stipulated intervals - check the airfilter for clogging every 5000 KM.

Whew! That's my list for a modern common rail maintenance
Old 31st March 2010, 05:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car.

It looks stunning in white. The dashboard does not look that bad, like my company says "Why blend in when you can stand out"

I happened to see a FIGO in the flesh, and it looks quite big, its almost as big as the FUSION, which is a really good thing
Old 31st March 2010, 10:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Mods: please add TCDi to the thread's title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I happened to see a FIGO in the flesh, and it looks quite big, its almost as big as the FUSION, which is a really good thing
Wasn't the new(er) Fusion TCDi chopped to under 4 metres to avail of the excise concession?

Just checked the Ford's site: Fusion TCDi is 3989 mm long, and Figo is 3795 mm long - about 21 cm difference, a tad longer than a standard half-foot scale

Most Viewed