Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 11:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Iceman!!!

The dealership experience seems to be harrowing!!

however, all's well that ends well..

Drive Safe Bro!
Old 31st March 2010, 11:24   #47
BHPian

hey congrats buddy, thats a beautiful silky white figo. Guess its the best peaceful color once can have on their beauties . Enjoy and waiting for your driving exp report.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:36   #48
BHPian

Congrats on the white Figo! Enjoy the red dash
Old 31st March 2010, 17:56   #49
BHPian

Thank you all once again for all your good wishes.As some of you have pointed out, the dash indeed looks different in different lighting conditions.It does look drastically different in the afternoons when it seems to be brighter compared to evenings and mornings when its more subtle.And yes, it does stand out and you do tend to get used to it.

* Filled up 12litres of diesel and the DTE went up by 181 kms indicating FE of roughly around 15kmpl. Like i have mentioned in my earlier post, the DTE seems to be almost accurate so far with very little variation.

* The car has developed some minor rattling noise coming from the front left hand side of the cabin ,possibly the door trims/door pads.Havent been able to diagnose it but i am hoping it will be rectified in the first service.

* I still need help streaming music from my iphone.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:58   #50
BHPian

Congrats iceman1 for a new buy
Do post some pics and also the otr price in Nerul. drive safely and enjoy the drive.

I think ford has produced a lot of titanium models with coral red dash and are pushing them to customers who want the car with black dash or they want to make a red colour dash unique like the beige did for i10 , by either delaying the delivery date or some other absurb reasons.
Old 31st March 2010, 18:24   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks15 View Post
I think ford has produced a lot of titanium models with coral red dash and are pushing them to customers who want the car with black dash or they want to make a red colour dash unique like the beige did for i10 , by either delaying the delivery date or some other absurb reasons.
hmm.."daal mei kuch kaala hai " I booked a TDCi Titanium Colarado red. For this color, ebony dash is the only option and that's what I want. And the story is that this color is the most in demand and delivery gets delayed. I am going through it now...Well, if they are so intent on pushing the coral red dash to me, I am willing to take it. Any external color is ok, except the squeeze / coral red combination ! That combination is like "Halwa & Fish Curry"
Old 31st March 2010, 20:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman1 View Post
Thank you all once again for all your good wishes.As some of you have pointed out, the dash indeed looks different in different lighting conditions.It does look drastically different in the afternoons when it seems to be brighter compared to evenings and mornings when its more subtle.And yes, it does stand out and you do tend to get used to it.

* Filled up 12litres of diesel and the DTE went up by 181 kms indicating FE of roughly around 15kmpl. Like i have mentioned in my earlier post, the DTE seems to be almost accurate so far with very little variation.

* The car has developed some minor rattling noise coming from the front left hand side of the cabin ,possibly the door trims/door pads.Havent been able to diagnose it but i am hoping it will be rectified in the first service.

Why should you wait for 1st service to resolve the rattling noise? In case sunfilm/parking sensor etc have been installed, why don't you resolve the issue asap?

AFAIK, iphone 3G/S OS ver 3.0 and later supports bluetooth audio streaming. Are you able to pair iphone to the car stereo? What exactly is the issue you are facing? You can have a look at this Hands on with stereo Bluetooth and the iPhone 3.0 update | Mobile | iPhone Central | Macworld
Old 1st April 2010, 12:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, excellent choice. I found Figo much better to drive just after driving Swift diesel.

Quote:
*I am unable to stream music from my Iphone. I have been told that its not possible to stream music from certain phones and unfortunately iphone is one of them.It works fine with a nokia and samsung that have been tried so far. Could some body shed some light on that please.
Just get an aux cable (male to male). This is what I use in my Sony Xplode player. Something like this: eBay India: 3.5mm Audio Ext Aux Cable Male For Iphone 3g & 3gs (item 310209686514 end time 03-Apr-2010 13:42:00 IST)

I too bought it on eBay, and it works well.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Congrats, excellent choice. I found Figo much better to drive just after driving Swift diesel.

Just get an aux cable (male to male). This is what I use in my Sony Xplode player. Something like this: eBay India: 3.5mm Audio Ext Aux Cable Male For Iphone 3g & 3gs (item 310209686514 end time 03-Apr-2010 13:42:00 IST)

I too bought it on eBay, and it works well.
Right! Aux-cable will give far better /crisp sound than bluetooth streaming. Further, battery also will not be drained much. Bluetooth can be used for headset as well.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:06   #55
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, iceman1, on getting your favourite Ford Figo. The red dashboard looks really dashing! Is the red dashboard called coral dashboard in Ford's jargon?

You could have split up your write-up into more paragraphs to ensure easy reading.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st April 2010 at 14:11.

Old 1st April 2010, 14:41   #56
BHPian

congrats iceman1, i agree its a very good buy for the price.
But please throw some light on the ride quality. Was in a brand new Figo the other day with a friend and his wife and me at the wheels. My first drive in the Figo and the ride was a little bumpy even on decent city roads. Got the air pressure adjusted but still no change. Also the rattling is quite evident. Not real loud, but certainly present. I think its the door.
Is it just me or is it the norm with Figo's ??
An excellent buy nevertheless.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:46   #57
BHPian

Quote:

If you have rattling noise, then its better to get it fixed right away. Contact your dealer, if he is not responding contact Ford Customer service. They would keep direct track and close issue at earliest
Old 6th April 2010, 15:29   #58
Senior - BHPian

This is the second owner who has complained about rattling, I was not expecting rattling sound in a new car, as generally Ford build quality is pretty good. Looks like the ramped up production targets are to blame here on there minor lapses.

@Mustang what’s your take on such issue !
Old 17th April 2010, 12:27   #59
BANNED

@tj123 , i cant give my take on this unless i see the car & hear the noise. it might be some untightened piece of plastic. Plastic parts are tightened by humans, so there might be an error on that guy's part.
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:02   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks15 View Post
Congrats iceman1 for a new buy

Even when I went to book my white Figo, they tried to push the coral dash and I had to give in because the black dash had a longish delivery period!
But I think the red should go well with the white!

Most Viewed