Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 15:03   #61
BHPian

@ e-biz

Thats pretty sad. In a brand new car, any defective part should be replaced ASAP. Hope everything gets sorted out at the earliest.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hope you get a perfectly working stereo (replaced or not) and you dont have to go though such experiences again. These are some of the things that spoil the overall ownership experience.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:02   #63
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ebiz - The Audio system is manufactured by Ford's sister concern - Visteon.
Have spoken to some of my friends there about the problem and given the link to refer. Let us wait and see.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

RGK, I won't be surprised if half the car especially the electronics are made by Visteon. It's an independent entity now btw. The Fiesta HU is made by Sanyo.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:18   #65
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I think Ford has reserved good vendors for Fiesta
Old 21st April 2010, 17:49   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ebiz - The Audio system is manufactured by Ford's sister concern - Visteon.
Have spoken to some of my friends there about the problem and given the link to refer. Let us wait and see.
Thanks a bunch @RGK. There is a Indica Vista QJD Aura in the family - though the sound qaulity is below average in the OE audio, it's rough & tough
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:34   #67
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Gemi - If the dashboard heat is more when parked under sun, will it not affect the electronics under the dash eg: audios, sensors etc etc.. and also the life of them
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Gemi - If the dashboard heat is more when parked under sun, will it not affect the electronics under the dash eg: audios, sensors etc etc.. and also the life of them
Well i dont think it would be able to heat up so much as to affect them since they wont be in direct contact with the whole of these units.

About the heat factor, the other day i just touched the glass after the car was parked under sun for 15-20 min. The front and rear glass were so hot that i could not touch them for long. The side glasses seemed to be less hotter. Could it be that the front and rear ones are normal glass while the side ones are tinted? Could this be the reason for such heat. Or is it normal.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Well i dont think it would be able to heat up so much as to affect them since they wont be in direct contact with the whole of these units.

About the heat factor, the other day i just touched the glass after the car was parked under sun for 15-20 min. The front and rear glass were so hot that i could not touch them for long. The side glasses seemed to be less hotter. Could it be that the front and rear ones are normal glass while the side ones are tinted? Could this be the reason for such heat. Or is it normal.
@Gemi. Its a light tinted glass for the windscreen
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
These components are designed to withstand high temperatures around 90 - 100 deg celsius, so this wont be an issue at all.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:45   #71
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
These components are designed to withstand high temperatures around 90 - 100 deg celsius, so this wont be an issue at all.
If it so then no problem. Because since electronics started playing major role in Automobiles, the quality of them should be top class. ECU's (not due to parking under sun) in Vistas played havoc in A/c performances when launched. Hence my query. Thanks for the replies.

I think the side glasses are tinted and the front ones are plain for better visibility during night.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:
The windscreen heats up more, primarily because of its angle and therefore better exposed to direct sun rays.
I found that with sunfilm the heated windscreen is bearable whereas it is too hot to touch at the edges where there is no sun film.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:52   #73
BHPian

Look like the windscreen is a double glass with a slight tint.

I am getting a slight thud from the front even if am passing through a minor bump on the road. Maybe the suspension is stuff?

Planning to install handrest for the driver seat. Any idea who in Chennai can do a good job? I am not comfortable with the GP road guys as i have experienced they do a good work only if you know someone in those shops
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:02   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post

I am getting a slight thud from the front even if am passing through a minor bump on the road. Maybe the suspension is stuff?
I think this has been discussed in details in Figo TD thread, you can probably find the answer there.
And w.r.t. windscreen the brochure says it is "Laminated glazed windscreen", whatever it means.
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post

Planning to install handrest for the driver seat. Any idea who in Chennai can do a good job? I am not comfortable with the GP road guys as i have experienced they do a good work only if you know someone in those shops
e-biz - this is an known issue, I am also facing it. So be relived that you have company . According to Mustang, the resident Ford expert, this is due to the stiff suspension and more noticed while driving alone. With load, it is better, as per him. Gradually, as the suspension lose some stiffness, this will go off, that's his advice. Let's hope it happens that way !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks