Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 11:53   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hope you get a perfectly working stereo (replaced or not) and you dont have to go though such experiences again. These are some of the things that spoil the overall ownership experience.

Just now, a mechanic from Chennai Ford came and fixed a new audio in my car, checked the speakers as well (as there was some jarring noise, now)..All Izz Well now with the audio
Old 26th April 2010, 17:40   #77
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I think Ford has done a replacement. One of my colleague who has picked TDCi - ZXi had oil leak from the power steering tank. The service centre replaced it. This happened on saturday.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:25   #78
BHPian

Nice report. I'm glad the audio issue got resolved as well.
I've booked a Titanium diesel in white, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:42   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Nice report. I'm glad the audio issue got resolved as well.
I've booked a Titanium diesel in white, and I'm really looking forward to it.
White is a nice choice for Figo. Looks like Ford dealers have started with corporate discounts (at least in Mumbai). So, try to negotiate on the price. Insist on seeing the floor mat which provides before making your decision to buy it as part of optional pack. The flloor mat which comes with the Figo is fabric (not rubber) and is susceptible to quick wear & tear (mine is almost gone on the driver side)
Old 30th April 2010, 09:36   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I think Ford has done a replacement. One of my colleague who has picked TDCi - ZXi had oil leak from the power steering tank. The service centre replaced it. This happened on saturday.
@RGK. Same problem with my friends TDCi ZXi. Though the service centre replaced, am quite surprised that a lot of issues are cropping up iin the Figo.

Though am happy with the overall build quality& AC, have the following not so happy observations

1) Feel a lot of heat in the cabin if parked or driving under direct Sun - maybe its to do with all black dashboard; But am not sure if the front windscreen is tinted, though the server center says its half tinted double glass. Have driven around Indica for last 9 years and there was definitely not this much heat in the cabin

2) I have driven about 900 odd kms (mostly in city) and am getting a disappointing FE of around 14kms

3) Gear shifting is not as smooth as it used to be; its a bit coarse now and the break squeeks if i press the break pedal on a slope
Old 30th April 2010, 09:57   #81
BHPian

scary

oil leaks already ? Is this one off situation or fairly common problem ?
Old 30th April 2010, 10:02   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
oil leaks already ? Is this one off situation or fairly common problem ?
Looks like it and that's why they have done a replacement. This is the second such incidence in the Figo - Scorpio007's colleague apparently ahd the same problem. I dont have this problem though. Hopefully the others in this forum also don't have this issue
Old 30th April 2010, 15:22   #83
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
@RGK. Same problem with my friends TDCi ZXi. Though the service centre replaced, am quite surprised that a lot of issues are cropping up iin the Figo.

1) Feel a lot of heat in the cabin if parked or driving under direct Sun - maybe its to do with all black dashboard; But am not sure if the front windscreen is tinted, though the server center says its half tinted double glass. Have driven around Indica for last 9 years and there was definitely not this much heat in the cabin

2) I have driven about 900 odd kms (mostly in city) and am getting a disappointing FE of around 14kms
- Gemi also confirmed your point. Are they promoting customers to go for coral dash that means higher end ZXi or Titanium by giving poor quality of black plastics.
- FE reports so far for Figo (P & D) from our bhpians is not healthy. Ford needs to fix it. It is either inconsistent or too low. Petrol giving less than 11 in city and also sluggish engine will close the sales doors of Figo Petrol.
Ford has to wake up.
Not expecting magic figures atleast some decent nos like 13 & 15 in city would satisfy buyers

Where our expert Mustang gone? Not seen for quite sometime. His intervention is highly required..
Old 30th April 2010, 18:11   #84
BANNED

I am here only RGK but i cant answer FE queries until i see a person drive, Moreover i can only draw comparos with my fusion+ TDCI which atleast gives 15+ with AC On, In our FE tests we were getting 17+ on the figo regularly.

I wont be as active as before as i am totally busy with the excess work that i am being forced to do & most of it is file work which i hate!

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 30th April 2010 at 18:15.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:36   #85
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Your presence gives confidence for buyers like me. Please take up with Ford regarding inconsistent and lower FE reports.
100% accepted -- that driving styles affect FE, but the figures are low, hence the concern.
Infact I was expecting more FE than Fiesta .
Is FE sacrificed for making nil Turbolag??
Old 1st May 2010, 17:06   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Your presence gives confidence for buyers like me. Please take up with Ford regarding inconsistent and lower FE reports.
100% accepted -- that driving styles affect FE, but the figures are low, hence the concern.
Infact I was expecting more FE than Fiesta .
Is FE sacrificed for making nil Turbolag??
The lesser the turbo lag, the more is the FE. To extract max FE from your car, one should drive b/w 1700-2200 rpms for the TDCi, with very few variations in speed.
Old 1st May 2010, 17:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The lesser the turbo lag, the more is the FE. To extract max FE from your car, one should drive b/w 1700-2200 rpms for the TDCi, with very few variations in speed.
My A.S.S guy told me that the TDCi Turbo comes on exactly at 1450rpm. What is this 1700-2200rpm about. Is it the maximum torque range?
Old 4th May 2010, 09:49   #88
BHPian

Just came back to chennai from a 3 day - 600 km run in my Figo. Went to Kumbakonam and nearby places.

For some reason, only the negatives comes fist

- The ground clearance with 4 people on board is poor. I underscraped atleast 4/5 speedbreakers on the way
- Applying breaks at low speed makes noise
- Rear window does not close completely. Even when i applied full force and try to close it, there is still a tiny gap. It wa raining on Saturday morning and there was some rain drops inside the cabin
- Thanks to the all black dash, the cabin gets heated up real quick under direct sun and even with the AC on speed 3, the cabin does not get cooled up completely
- Any options to install headrests for the rear seats?

The only good thing and the one which got worried the most came out correctly - Got an FE of around 19kmpl. Think am ok with 19 at the moment considering the engine is still to get set.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:55   #89
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ebiz - regarding FE (there is saying in tamil -poured milk in my stomach) bit relaxed to see 19kmpl. Have driven many times from CHE to KKM so I know the stretch. You would have exactly covered 161 km in NH45 and remaining in State highways. so you are the 1st person in tbhp to cross 18km/l
-can suspension be adjusted to avoid underscraping ?
- another two things i think you can get resolved
- black dash - Ford has to come out with some solution on this..
Old 4th May 2010, 13:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
For some reason, only the negatives comes fist
It is always like that. The positives hold your attention until you buy and then the negatives start attracting you as you live with the car.

Quote:
- The ground clearance with 4 people on board is poor. I underscraped atleast 4/5 speedbreakers on the way
My Manza did the same with 5 people + their luggage on board. Still have not travelled with a fully packed Figo.

Quote:
- Thanks to the all black dash, the cabin gets heated up real -quick under direct sun and even with the AC on speed 3, the - cabin does not get cooled up completely
Ok. If you have not yet, try this.

Open front windows quarter to half way. Blower at 4, temperature at full blue (fully to the left). Close the front windows after a minute.

You can adjust the temperature knob and blower speed as per comfort.

Quote:
- Got an FE of around 19kmpl.
Congratulations. Was it with full tank method?

Quote:
- black dash - Ford has to come out with some solution on this..
Haven't they? Coral dash!

Most Viewed