Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 12:47   #1
BHPian

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report

Dear All

I got my new Ford Figo ZXI - diesel on Thursday 25th Mar 2010 from Chennai Ford. I got held up with my work, hence my initial review got delayed

Dealer experience was good. We had done about 2 TD before we paid the advance. I had given the color option between Chill and Moon dust Silver. Finally, we settled for Chill.

My budget was around 5.5 lakhs and I was looking for a hatchback and had short listed Swift diesel & Indica Vista Quadra jet before we experienced the new Ford Figo diesel.

Didn’t like the swift because of cramped back seats and also didn’t like the plastics in that car. Moreover, I had to spend around 20k over and above the on road price for installing the audio systems etc in swift. Vista was voted out, since I was using an Indica from 2001 till 2010.

Thinks that I liked about the Figo

1) Good all round build
2) Interior space (better than swift but not as big as Vista)
3) Rear seat back support is good
4) Big looking boot
5) OE Audio gives decent output and the Bluetooth pairing with my cell phone is absolutely fine
6) I liked the all black dash with silver borders – looks classy
7) Seat fabric is excellent

Things that could have been better

1) I use first gear only for the first 10m or so and shift early to second gear. It does not work well with the Figo. Think there’s quite a gap between 1st & 2nd gear shifts. This leads to frequent gear shifts in low speeds, which I earlier used to manage with my 2nd gear
2) AC condenser is very close to the front grill – thik it may get easily damaged in a front on collision
3) There is no console around the hand brake – apparently it comes only with Titanium model but it does not find mention anywhere, neither in the brochure nor in Ford website. Neither the dealer did not have a clue about it
4) Rear seat headrest could have been provided
5) They could have provided some storage space in the back doors (ala Indica)

After taking delivery, went straight to a temple to do the formal puja. The car is good to drive – does not feel like driving a small car. Plastics are good and sturdy. The engine noise can be heard inside the cabin if the AC / audio are not turned on. However, once you switch on the AC / Audio, you can’t hear the engine noise.

Though sluggish at very low speeds – the car gains speed quickly, no turbo lag whatsoever and is a fun to drive – absolute driver’s car.

I have driven about 300 kms so far – around 220 within the city and 80 on ECR…Returns about 17 km on an average based on distance to empty indicator. Will share FE figures again after the next 2 tank fills.

Will post some pics soon…

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th March 2010 at 13:08. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
Old 30th March 2010, 13:39   #2
BHPian

It's raining Figo on Tbhp..
Congratulations! And do post some pics soon
Old 30th March 2010, 13:59   #3
BHPian

Congratulations.

There's a lot of Figo's expected on T-BHP I guess.

Post some nice snaps (including interiors).
Old 30th March 2010, 14:03   #4
BHPian

congrats on your figo, waiting for mine when did you book it??
Old 30th March 2010, 14:30   #5
BHPian

Congrats E-Biz. Do post the pictures of your car. After the first service your FE will increase. Keep the revvs between the prescirbed limits and do a proper run in of your engine. This will give you an absolutely gem of an engine.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:31   #6
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy, even I have booked a same TDCi ZXi yesterday only but white colour with black(ebony) interior plastic.
Dealer is pushing me to go for Coral plastic as it is ready with him but I will wait for 20days for black IP.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yet another Figo on board. Ford bank accounts must be ringing out loud . Congrats e-biz and upload pics asap.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ebiz, on your new car, waiting for the pics. Seeing more and more people adding to the group, guess Ford sure has a game changer in its hands
Old 30th March 2010, 17:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

So the rain has started. Hope the streets are filled with more happy figo customers. Congrats.

..And yes. You can post some pictures
Old 30th March 2010, 18:02   #10
BHPian

Congrats ebiz for the Figo. I believe the BHPians are lapping up the Figos quite rapidly. Everyday we have 1 or 2 reviews on the Figo. Waiting especially for the interior pics. We still haven't seen the Figo with the black Dashboard avatar.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

congrats dude. drive safe! Please post the split up of OTR? Any plans to mod the ICE?

we are awaiting pics!
Old 30th March 2010, 18:42   #12
BHPian

Nice e-biz. Congrats, am buying the same variant.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:44   #13
BANNED

Congrats on your new figo, i am sure that the gearing problem you are facing is because your earlier car was a petrol & diesels are a little bit different. Also if you need any support from my side then PM me as i will be unsubscribing to this thread soon.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:47   #14
BHPian

Great choice ! Congrats. Please post the pictures. Enjoy your car.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:47   #15
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, e-biz, on becoming a proud owner of Ford Figo. Please post some photographs.

Most Viewed