Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 15:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Conclusion: When i enjoy Vista's volvo like suspension, i should not expect her to behave like a palio/punto or the likes at corners
I guess u are talking of Linea
Old 12th April 2010, 15:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Conclusion: When i enjoy Vista's volvo like suspension, i should not expect her to behave like a palio/punto or the likes at corners
Exactly. The car is simply superb on highways. But make sure you are gentle on her while entering corners or you are sure to be in for surprises. This is one area where Swift, 'Palio and the likes' score over this car by a huge margin.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hmm so ur point Guru is no matter who markets it, Italian Machines were Built to be driven and Indian Machines were built to be Owned!! (no offense intended)

I use the same stretch (Le Meridian Curve) so often buddy and I can't say that my car is as good as a Palio/Punto but with 195/45 profile rubber, its much better than its regular Korean cousins!!

So did U shop any stuff for ur Vista on your visit to JC road?
Old 12th April 2010, 17:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hmm so ur point Guru is no matter who markets it, Italian Machines were Built to be driven and Indian Machines were built to be Owned!! (no offense intended)

I use the same stretch (Le Meridian Curve) so often buddy and I can't say that my car is as good as a Palio/Punto but with 195/45 profile rubber, its much better than its regular Korean cousins!!

So did U shop any stuff for ur Vista on your visit to JC road?
Which car do you own buddy? Your signature reads Santro but you reply says "better than korean cousins :d"

I went there for black sticker on my rear left door beading. The black stripes you see on Vista's doors, just above the glass and over the 'B' pillars (which i needed because of the below mentioned incident), are stickers and also some metal strips on the bottom door openings, i dont know wat exactly you call them, but they are used to avoid scratches caused by people when they get in or out of the vehicle, have seem them in SUV's. Will post a pic soon.

I has a sad incident last week when i had been to mysore, i didn't feel like writing about it, but i guess i will let it out. I just reached mysore and had parked my car outside my uncle's place next to a small tree. After a while i came down, saw a cow standing near my car and some injury marks on it and she was grumbling (probably in pain). I felt sorry for the poor animal and since i had to rush out somewhere, got into my car. The moment i closed the door, i heard some class pieces falling apart. I turn back and to my horror, the left rear window (glass) was broken. I was really worried and got out to see how this happened. I went to the other side of the car only to notice that my left rear door had a big dent :(.

Initially i thought someone must have hit my car with a stone, but could not spot any around nor inside the car. Moreover, the dent was not caused by a hard impact, it looked more like something had gradually pressed against it. After a while i realized that the cow had somehow misjudged the gap b/w the tree (next to which i had parked) and my car and tried to sneak through. I could notice cow's hair on my broken window glass and on my back seat as well.

Could not get the glass in mysore, came back to bangalore the very next morning (not to forget, my entire long weekend was screwed) and left it at prerana motors in peenya. Got it back after four days with the door and the glass replaced. It costed around 13 grand and since my car was new, i had to pay around 500 bucks, which was ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@guru - what is FE you are getting in highway / city.
I just hit the 1000 kms mark, it gave me around 13.5 in city alone with A/C on all the time and 14.5 on highway + city and A/C on all the time. I hope the figures improve after 2000 kms. Vista owners, please pitch in with more info.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 17:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

Well what I actually meant was better than its Korean Siblings (stock Santros). I'm sure U know Hyundai is a Korean Brand.

Sorry about the "Cow Incident", both for your Car and the poor Animal. Hope Prerana Motors have restored the damage on your "White Tiger" to your liking.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Well what I actually meant was better than its Korean Siblings (stock Santros). I'm sure U know Hyundai is a Korean Brand.

Sorry about the "Cow Incident", both for your Car and the poor Animal. Hope Prerana Motors have restored the damage on your "White Tiger" to your liking.
My bad buddy, didn't notice the word "regular". 195 45 tyres, my my, have never seen that on a santro. I guess its r13? How does the suspension feel like? I had upgraded tyres in my old car (zen) from 145 70 r12 to 165 55 r13 and i had a real hard suspension after that. I did upsize my tyres by a bit this time around :d from 175 65 r14 to 185 65 r14, may be the reason why she feels more volvo like

Prerana Motors did a decent job, although, the door handle was not painted to perfection. I noticed a tiny finger print, probably the paint guy decided to close the door carefully with a light touch after his job was done

Last edited by gurudutt : 12th April 2010 at 17:58.
Old 13th April 2010, 09:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Aah the Professional TATA TOUCH!!

BTW Guru, guess you missed my point by a whisker!
I have a 15" Alloy on my Santro which runs on 195/45/78V Nankang rubber.

Pls post some interior pics along with more overall pics of ur ride dude.
Old 13th April 2010, 15:52   #53
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guru - Think it will improve after 1 or 2 services and also the engine settles down.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:29   #54
BHPian

gurudutt, long time no updates. After the initial posts, you too have vanished just like all other vista owners!
Old 21st July 2010, 12:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
gurudutt, long time no updates. After the initial posts, you too have vanished just like all other vista owners!
Sorry guys, i was enjoying my drive so much that i almost forgot to share it with people.

So far.

Kms Done: ~4200.
Mileage: Was getting very poor mileage initially with a lot of black smoke, around 12-13 in city with A/C on. Went to prerana motors service center and got the air filter cleaned and reset the ECU. Mileage has improved now and am getting around 14.5 in city and 17 on highways.

Driving Experience: Had just one long drive recently to wayanad. As we all know, full marks to the engine. Minimal gear shifts, thanks to the great torque. I owned a zen previously and used to struggle with frequent great shifts when ever i had to accelerate from lower speeds. Ruggedness and SUV like behavior is what i liked the most, specially while negotiating ghat sections when those bus and jeep guys try to run into you , i could easily get off the road on the rough patches and small ditches and get back on the road with ease, also those small speed breakers (or car breakers ) which were not painted and not visible where devoured with easy, something which is difficult to do with cause of low ground clearance.

Here are come pics from the recent trip.

Last edited by gurudutt : 21st July 2010 at 12:28.
Old 21st July 2010, 13:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry guys, i was enjoying my drive so much that i almost forgot to share it with people.

So far.

Kms Done: ~4200.
Mileage: Was getting very poor mileage initially with a lot of black smoke, around 12-13 in city with A/C on. Went to prerana motors service center and got the air filter cleaned and reset the ECU. Mileage has improved now and am getting around 14.5 in city and 17 on highways.

Driving Experience: Had just one long drive recently to wayanad. As we all know, full marks to the engine. Minimal gear shifts, thanks to the great torque. I owned a zen previously and used to struggle with frequent great shifts when ever i had to accelerate from lower speeds. Ruggedness and SUV like behavior is what i liked the most, specially while negotiating ghat sections when those bus and jeep guys try to run into you , i could easily get off the road on the rough patches and small ditches and get back on the road with ease, also those small speed breakers (or car breakers ) which were not painted and not visible where devoured with easy, something which is difficult to do with cause of low ground clearance.

Here are come pics from the recent trip.

Oops, forgot the attachments, here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Got My White Tiger :) (Indica Vista QJD Aura with ABS)-car_night.jpg  

Got My White Tiger :) (Indica Vista QJD Aura with ABS)-car2.jpg  

Got My White Tiger :) (Indica Vista QJD Aura with ABS)-car3.jpg  

Last edited by gurudutt : 21st July 2010 at 13:57.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:39   #57
BHPian

Porcelain White is the best color on Vista. It simply looks superb. Great Pics. And the mileage of 14.5 in city is good. I am getting 13 kmpl in city.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:25   #58
BHPian

Wow all your posts have started the petrolhead in me venture towards diesel Guru Dutt. Turns I know are the best managed by Europeans. What speeds can you reach in a straight line in the Vista. Any plan to Pete your car?? Nice review.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:56   #59
BHPian

A Great Car Sir..
I absolutely love this car in White colour. Please also post some of the pics of the interiors and your comfort/discomfort with the instrument cluster in the middle.
Old 21st July 2010, 18:11   #60
BHPian

Vista in White Rocks!!
Interior pics are sorely missed. Please do the needful

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks