Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 12:15   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate. The white city looks great. Do post more pics.

For a 3 cms scratch, the cheapest way out is put a sticker in place of the scratch. Team-bhp Stickers galore. Put them on.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:29   #32
BHPian

Everybody goes through with this intial phase of heavy hearting for first few scratches or dents. Thumb rule is, if the cost of repair is less than 20% of the insurance premium, settle for a touch up.
I have a dent caused by a stone hitting the side of the car when a motor bike went over the stone causing the flick.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:11   #33
BHPian

Yeah guys had thought of it but wouldn't team bhp stickers look odd on the rear fender?
Even i don't want a repainting as it destroys the baked paint finish.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Guys it has happened !
Scratched the rear fender of the car while reversing. Though have got it touched up and now it shows much less, but it still pains my heart. Somehow my eyes just get stuck over that portion of the car only.
Honda quotes 3.5 for repaint, even though the scratch is like the 3 cms long.
Please advice if i should go for repainting or not.
They generaly paint the whole bumper other wise you will not get uniformity in color.
If it is not too much visible just leave it as it is.
Old 29th April 2010, 16:49   #35
BHPian

Hi Guys
Got my first service done last Sunday.
Charges - 0.
However I am surprised that stingy Honda has made all free services manadatory within 6 months of car purchase.
This should have been as per their schedules of 5000 kms or 6 months.
Satisfied with the washing job coz that was the only thing done in service.
Cars reverse parking sensors display on internal rear view mirror was rattling so got it fixed.
Rest all is well !!!
Old 13th May 2010, 22:13   #36
BHPian

First trip to Agra.Mileage returned was 17.8 as per the on board mileage calculator.
Driving it was a great pleasure. Was tempted to go beyond 100 kmph but didn't do so coz of run-in period. Overall the car has done 945 kms since bought.
My only complaint with the car is the lack of automatic climate control.Rest, in all ways i am pretty much satisfied with the car. Just wanted to know the top speed of ANHC.
My friends Swift could do 160 when pushed, so i guess ANHC can do till 190 easily. Any idea guys?
Old 14th May 2010, 10:27   #37
BHPian

Quote:
First trip to Agra.Mileage returned was 17.8 as per the on board mileage calculator.
Driving it was a great pleasure. Was tempted to go beyond 100 kmph but didn't do so coz of run-in period. Overall the car has done 945 kms since bought.
My only complaint with the car is the lack of automatic climate control.Rest, in all ways i am pretty much satisfied with the car. Just wanted to know the top speed of ANHC.
My friends Swift could do 160 when pushed, so i guess ANHC can do till 190 easily. Any idea guys?
Yeh that's a pretty good FE, considering margin of -2, still 15.8 is a pretty good number. Kudos

Max speed I reached so far is 165 and it was just a breeze to attain, didn't push it further though. But hearing the roar I feel anything above 160 on ANHC would need a real heavy foot.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
My only complaint with the car is the lack of automatic climate control. Rest, in all ways i am pretty much satisfied with the car. Just wanted to know the top speed of ANHC.
Well, a fully loaded ANHC with AC-on made speeds of about 140 kmph easily and after that it was hard to push for as per T-BHPian sathyaprakash, read here. [http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...l#post1880725].

You got a very good FE there. As @Raghu suggested, if we deduct 2 kmpl as the calculation error 15.x kmpl is wonderful. I've been longing to take my ANHC on a long drive myself but haven't had the opportunity so far.

Yes, even I have a negative feedback regarding ANHC's AC. Though, I am not un-happy about not getting an Auto Climate Control but I feel the AC is not very efficient for the heat here in Hyderabad, it takes quite some time to feel the cooling effect unlike Hyundai cars like I10 or I20.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. White looks really good on the City.

Quote:
Surely , 180 at least should be doable. Given an open stretch. I hit 150 quite easily during a TD.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:30   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Congratulations. White looks really good on the City.

Surely , 180 at least should be doable. Given an open stretch. I hit 150 quite easily during a TD.
I have done speed of 160 with 3 people on board, but the sound of the engine is very annoying to say the least. It feels as though it strains to achieve the speed in excess of 120
Old 14th May 2010, 12:15   #41
BHPian

Thanks guys.
@jayanth can this difference in top speed be attributed to a manual version and automatic version.When the earlier VTEC could do 180 easily, i guess even this one should be able to attain those speeds.Read in another thread that guys are feeling the car is being over strained even at 120. If this is true, i am surprised by the propoganda Honda does about VTEC technology.I can't imagine my City being overtaken by a Swift. I would prefer to give up driving if i get to see such a day.
I have seen videos on Youtube showing max speed of 190 kmph and the speed limiter kicking in beyond that.
Anyone who has taken their City to the max please comment.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I have done speed of 160 with 3 people on board, but the sound of the engine is very annoying to say the least. It feels as though it strains to achieve the speed in excess of 120
You drive one, so your observations would surely hold more weight.

My 15-20km TD run had 4 people on board and I quite enjoyed the screaming engine note
Old 14th May 2010, 12:37   #43
BHPian

Hi Zoom_vromm,

Congratulations on your new car. If I had not bought the blue ANHC, I would have bought the white one. The tinted headlights look great in white ANHC.

Quote:
If this is true, i am surprised by the propoganda Honda does about VTEC technology.I can't imagine my City being overtaken by a Swift. I would prefer to give up driving if i get to see such a day.
Dont be so sad. While I was returning from Hassan about three months back, a previous gen Maruti 800 overtook me (actually I let him go) after some cat-mouse game between the two cars. . I am still driving today...

There's many other factors than top speed or in-gear acclearation that some times come into play in situations when you see a swift (or 800 as in my case) overtakes you...so do not worry my dear friend.

-Pratim
Old 14th May 2010, 12:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Hi Zoom_vromm,

Congratulations on your new car. If I had not bought the blue ANHC, I would have bought the white one. The tinted headlights look great in white ANHC.

Dont be so sad. While I was returning from Hassan about three months back, a previous gen Maruti 800 overtook me (actually I let him go) after some cat-mouse game between the two cars. . I am still driving today...

There's many other factors than top speed or in-gear acclearation that some times come into play in situations when you see a swift (or 800 as in my case) overtakes you...so do not worry my dear friend.

-Pratim
Man you,ve got a heart of steel. I can't imagine myself in that situation.
How can a 118bhp engine become slave to a puny 800cc decade old engine. 0-100 of 11 seconds doesn't it help yaar?
Old 14th May 2010, 13:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.
@jayanth can this difference in top speed be attributed to a manual version and automatic version.When the earlier VTEC could do 180 easily, i guess even this one should be able to attain those speeds.Read in another thread that guys are feeling the car is being over strained even at 120. If this is true, i am surprised by the propoganda Honda does about VTEC technology.I can't imagine my City being overtaken by a Swift. I would prefer to give up driving if i get to see such a day.
I have seen videos on Youtube showing max speed of 190 kmph and the speed limiter kicking in beyond that.
Anyone who has taken their City to the max please comment.
I am not saying that car can't hit speeds in excess of 160, but I really don't enjoy the sound of the engine at higher speeds, it's not a roar but I hear as a strain noise. I have driven santro at 160, although I felt very nervous at that speed, the noise wasn't that straining. Yes, ANHC defnitely feels more planted compared to Santro at those speeds, however I still have my doubts whether it can be compared to Fiesta 1.6S

Most Viewed