Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 14:38   #61
BHPian

It's 5k/6months, if the running is low, check with SA for oil change interval. Stick to only one SA if possible all the time.

If they insist for 3months, then bluntly reject and ask them the reason. Iam hearing 3months interval quite often these days, what would be checked?
Old 28th September 2010, 14:48   #62
BHPian

Hi Raghu, they say that its as per Honda. I haven't checked the service manual, but does any one know if its written that the car needs to be serviced every 3 months.If its mentioned in the manual also, its pure daylight robbery by Honda.
Just called Honda 121 too and that stupid rep there said that due to extreme Indian road conditions, Honda is saying a service interval of 3 months.
When other manufacturers are going in for 1 year interval Honda is forcing us for 3 months.
Well this is really bad for Honda. Guess the road ahead is too extreme for Honda.

Last edited by zoom_vroom : 28th September 2010 at 14:59.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

They also told me its as per Honda, but when i complained about this, the Whitefield Honda agreed its not compulsory but we advice you to get water wash and checked up in the 3 months service and they charge Rs 900 for the same. They want us to come in every 3 months but correct servicing is 6 months/5000 kms. He was even giving reason bangalore is harsh environment because of metro work so its 3 months, all rubbish explanation to keep cash bell ringing. We have to stay put at 6 months or 5000 kms or they will keep robbing for water wash for Rs 900 in the check up service.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hi Raghu, they say that its as per Honda. I haven't checked the service manual, but does any one know if its written that the car needs to be serviced every 3 months.If its mentioned in the manual also, its pure daylight robbery by Honda.
Just called Honda 121 too and that stupid rep there said that due to extreme Indian road conditions, Honda is saying a service interval of 3 months.
When other manufacturers are going in for 1 year interval Honda is forcing us for 3 months.
Well this is really bad for Honda. Guess the road ahead is too extreme for Honda.
Never did my SA nor the dealer (Dakshin) insisted for 3months service. I switched to Synthetic in my third service and hence oil change is every 10k km.

As per manual it's 5k/6months that's it. Manual as well mentions some conditions, in such a case interval should be checked with SA and I guess this is where dealers are playing foul.

Honda engines are rated high, but I really don't understand the service intervals, when other cars with same conditions have a higher service interval.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Never did my SA nor the dealer (Dakshin) insisted for 3months service. I switched to Synthetic in my third service and hence oil change is every 10k km.

As per manual it's 5k/6months that's it. Manual as well mentions some conditions, in such a case interval should be checked with SA and I guess this is where dealers are playing foul.

Honda engines are rated high, but I really don't understand the service intervals, when other cars with same conditions have a higher service interval.
Hi Raghu
When i called up Honda 121 the rep insisted on 3 months service. If the manual says 6 months interval, can the dealer void my warranty if i get my car serviced after 3 months?
Now i called them up again, and the rep says only about the first 5 services which span a year to be in 3 months. Beyond that he said i need to consult my dealer. Here's where the dealers are playing their game. I told him about this and he said that he will escalate this and arrange a callback for me.

Last edited by zoom_vroom : 28th September 2010 at 16:27.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:46   #66
BHPian

When i test drove the AT I got the feeling that they hadnt done a good job with the gear ratios. The car seems to be completely out of breath beyond 5k rpm which is strange for a vtech. No such problem on the manual. Also I don't find the MT engine sounding like its being strained at high rpm, at all. I red line it quite often and it sounds brilliant to me!!
Old 29th September 2010, 16:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raghu
When i called up Honda 121 the rep insisted on 3 months service. If the manual says 6 months interval, can the dealer void my warranty if i get my car serviced after 3 months?
Now i called them up again, and the rep says only about the first 5 services which span a year to be in 3 months. Beyond that he said i need to consult my dealer. Here's where the dealers are playing their game. I told him about this and he said that he will escalate this and arrange a callback for me.
No escalation will happen, they will just ask dealer to call you back and talk to you. The customer care is just for arranging call back from dealer, nothing else.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:06   #68
BHPian

Yeah Shamanth the dealer called me today and said that 3 months service is inspection by SA and there are cost differences in services at 3 months and 6 months.She said that i can prolong the 3 months service to 4 months but not beyond that.I don't like this at all and gave her a good explanation of the terms "Customer Care" and "Customer Delight". She had nothing to say and i just hung up the phone coz i feel there was no point in arguing with her. Honda surely knows how to milk the customers and its dealers are also enjoying every bit of it. I have no other option but to do as told by the dealer if i want to remain in warranty.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah Shamanth the dealer called me today and said that 3 months service is inspection by SA and there are cost differences in services at 3 months and 6 months.She said that i can prolong the 3 months service to 4 months but not beyond that.I don't like this at all and gave her a good explanation of the terms "Customer Care" and "Customer Delight". She had nothing to say and i just hung up the phone coz i feel there was no point in arguing with her. Honda surely knows how to milk the customers and its dealers are also enjoying every bit of it. I have no other option but to do as told by the dealer if i want to remain in warranty.
Same thing did happen to me, But i did not leave at this. Honda called back asking if you are satisfied by the SA reply, i said no. And this happened 2 times, and finally Honda as well as Service center agreed its not a compulsory Service, but 6 months/5k km is.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:35   #70
BHPian

Good to see all Hondaites together. Couple of quick questions -

1. how is ANHC in highways. High speed driving and overtaking? Not that I do weekly highway trips. But I want to enjoy my 4k annual highway drives - that is a priority.

2. How about really bad patches and narrow, bumpy high range roads. Would it scrape the bottom with say 4 folks inside?

Some of the current Honda offers are tempting
Old 30th September 2010, 21:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hello to all City owners.
One of my close friends is almost decided on the ANHC. He is crazy about the top speed of cars and very keen to know the top speed of the ANHC. Can someone please let me know the top speeds they have hit. I have not driven the ANHC to very high speeds but based on reviews, intuition etc I told him that he should be able to hit 200 kph on the speedo. Please comment.
Old 1st October 2010, 08:16   #72
BHPian

@motorhead - I had just one highway trip to jaipur and i found City to be comfortable. It handled high speed driving well but i never exceeded 140 kmph. At those speeds City was good enough. With 4 people on board i didn't scrape any bottoms but yes you need to be careful over humps with with many passengers inside.

@adimicra - The max i have tried is 140 kmph and at those speeds City was eager to go more.However the car is not meant for speeds in excess of 140 kmph as its not a full blown sedan.On youtube i have seen videos with City clocking 190 kmph and speed limiter restricting it beyond that.

And yes i loved reading your jazz ownership report.

Keep those revs high guys, coz life begins at 5000 rpm.

Last edited by zoom_vroom : 1st October 2010 at 08:21.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply!

My friend and me are both pretty crazy about top speed. He has a Wagon-r and he has done 150 kmph on that.Both of us have seen those youtube videos but I can't believe that 190 kmph (speedo indicated )will be the top speed considering that Jazz goes to a speedo indicated speed of 185+ and also Autocar has 190 kph as the true top speed of the City which should translate into a speedo indication of 200+ kph. Also, no car in 5th (top) gear will go to the redline, so there is no question of the rev-limited cutting in! This is the mystery I want to solve. If anyone has tested the City at those speeds, kindly send me a PM (do not want to divert from the main thread). I understand that the roads here are not meant for 200 kph but still

Last edited by adimicra : 1st October 2010 at 10:34.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks for the reply!

My friend and me are both pretty crazy about top speed. He has a Wagon-r and he has done 150 kmph on that.Both of us have seen those Youtube videos but I can't believe that 190 kmph (speedo indicated )will be the top speed considering that Jazz goes to a speedo indicated speed of 185+ and also Autocar has 190 kph as the true top speed of the City which should translate into a speedo indication of 200+ kph. Also, no car in 5th (top) gear will go to the redline, so there is no question of the rev-limited cutting in! This is the mystery I want to solve. If anyone has tested the City at those speeds, kindly send me a PM (do not want to divert from the main thread). I understand that the roads here are not meant for 200 kph but still
Hey bro it was not the rev limiter but the speed limiter that i mentioned restricted the city to 190 kmph.
Old 2nd October 2010, 15:58   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hello to all City owners.
One of my close friends is almost decided on the ANHC. He is crazy about the top speed of cars and very keen to know the top speed of the ANHC. Can someone please let me know the top speeds they have hit. I have not driven the ANHC to very high speeds but based on reviews, intuition etc I told him that he should be able to hit 200 kph on the speedo. Please comment.
120-140 can be easily achieved with some rev in it. I once touched a maximum of 165 Kmph on expressway, had to curb that speed as it started raining heavily.
I can surely tell you that it can reach 180+ from the ammount of juice that was left in it.

Most Viewed