Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2010, 11:49   #76
BHPian

I want to register my personal experience as a owner of ANHC AT during my vacation last summer i was only able to make 140kmph after repeated attempts to go above. I like to hear from my AT friends if they have been able to achive more than this if so what is the max speed they have crossed? The car was 8 months old when i attempted this speed, is this bcz the car is new? or the engines or not run in properly? or AT model can only do 140+/-
Old 3rd October 2010, 11:52   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I want to register my personal experience as a owner of ANHC AT during my vacation last summer i was only able to make 140kmph after repeated attempts to go above. I like to hear from my AT friends if they have been able to achive more than this if so what is the max speed they have crossed? The car was 8 months old when i attempted this speed, is this bcz the car is new? or the engines or not run in properly? or AT model can only do 140+/-
I dont know why it took you a while to get to 140kmph. But your car should cross 140kmph in 3rd gear. And the top speed should be around 180-190kmph.
Old 4th October 2010, 19:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Good to see all Hondaites together. Couple of quick questions -

1. how is ANHC in highways. High speed driving and overtaking? Not that I do weekly highway trips. But I want to enjoy my 4k annual highway drives - that is a priority.

2. How about really bad patches and narrow, bumpy high range roads. Would it scrape the bottom with say 4 folks inside?

Some of the current Honda offers are tempting

I have made couple of highway trips since i got my CITY. One to Pondicherry and the other one to GOA from Bangalore.

I would say that the car is a great "road" car. Drove it for pretty much 12 hrs continuously without any fatigue what so ever. Its slightly light on its feet at high speeds but nothing to worry about.

I have maxed it to 120kmph only till date and revved it to a max of 4500rpm. I just want to take it easy till I get the first oil change. You can cruise at 100-120 all day without breaking a sweat. Superb AC but i do miss a climate control. Loads of luggage space and small storage area.

I said before its a great ROAD car and its equally bad off it. I know its not at 4x4 but you do scrape the bottom quite a lot. Even with just 2 of us and not that much luggage I had to Crawl over speed breakers.

But thats the only thing i have to complain about. Its a great car. Love the way the steering weights up as speed increases and the brake feel is just superb. Body roll is minimal. Ride is excellent. It deserves slightly wider tyres though. HONDA ARE YOU LISTENING?
Old 4th October 2010, 19:26   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I regularly do 140 + , in my case after repeated attempts the road ends
On a serious note, the car is quite capable, in fact the best part is after 140 , when you go upto 180 + in no time.

140 can be attained in 3rd gear itself (paddles in AT), 184 in 4th and 190 + in 5th if you have the roads still ;-).

Take it to an open (safe) road if possible and try.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:40   #80
BHPian

Guys i have observed something today. While cranking the ANHC i see the whole car vibrates a lot and then settles down to the smooth buzz. Actually i found the vibration more than my 9 year old wagon-r hence a bit concerned about it. Please advise if anyone else has also seen this.
Old 5th October 2010, 14:16   #81
BHPian

Starting Vibrations in ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Guys i have observed something today. While cranking the ANHC i see the whole car vibrates a lot and then settles down to the smooth buzz. Actually i found the vibration more than my 9 year old wagon-r hence a bit concerned about it. Please advise if anyone else has also seen this.
I bought a ANHC recently and while conducting PDI at the yard I too found this vibration to be abnormal and asked the dealer about it.
He told me that this is normal and is found in all the ANHC.
I tried in 4 other new cars in the yard and found the vibration characteristics to be same.
Like you I too own a WagonR that is 8 years old and it does not have this phenomenon.
So I was surprised too, seems like Honda's design is like this.
Similarly while stopping the engine, it does take a little longer to shut down (than WagonR) and you can feel the vibrations when the engine comes to a complete stop!
Old 6th October 2010, 11:27   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Same here on my 45 day old ANHC. Dont't think this is a serious problem.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:59   #83
BHPian

Thanks guys.I was getting tensed that this might not be a case of faulty engine mounts.
Civic owners had complained of faulty engine mounts, which made me think the same for ANHC.
Old 8th October 2010, 08:20   #84
BHPian

Hi Guys need your inputs here. My City would be going in for 3rd Free service next week. It has clocked just 2500 kms' till now.
Is there an oil change scheduled in 3rd service? If yes should i go in for synthetic engine oil.
Please advise if its OK to upgrade to synthetic with just 2500 kms on the ODO.
Thanks in advance guys.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:01   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys need your inputs here. My City would be going in for 3rd Free service next week. It has clocked just 2500 kms' till now.
Is there an oil change scheduled in 3rd service? If yes should i go in for synthetic engine oil.
Thanks in advance guys.
Hi zoom_vroom,

Yes, there is a scheduled oil change for 3rd free service of ANHC. I would recommend you to continue with mineral oil based on common opinion in the under-mentioned thread as the usage seems to be very less.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 8th October 2010, 11:42   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance guys.
Hi ZV,

Since your usage is low, I would recommend Mineral.

I opted synthetic during my third service, apart from service interval change I didn't really see any major benefits.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 8th October 2010, 12:33   #87
BHPian

Thanks Kalyan and Raghu,
Appreciate your quick response on this.
Will be sticking to mineral only.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi ZV,

Since your usage is low, I would recommend Mineral.

I opted synthetic during my third service, apart from service interval change I didn't really see any major benefits.

Cheers
Raghu
Ya, better to stick to Mineral. Since most of SC are not even giving the option of 10 k for synthetic. Whitefield honda is saying 5 K whether you stick to mineral or synthetic.

I am thinking to change to Dakshin honda, where for synthetic 10k option is there, but thinking twice since Dakshin honda is almost 20 kms away and white field honda is 2 kms from my house.

Really bad that Honda itself is not driving these terms, leaving dealers to do whatever they want.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:47   #89
BHPian

3rd Service update

Hi guys
Here's the update for the Third free service
It was just a normal service and i had no issues to report.Engine oil was not changed as the mileage was really low. I have clocked only 2700 km's in 6 months.
Paint Protection and Anti Rust would be topped up in later as this required around 4 hours and i was in a hurry.

I have a good rapport with the service centre guys as on my recommendation many of my friends have purchasedd their Honda from here.
So the following things were done for me as a good will gesture.
1. Foaming with 3M cleanser foam for the driver side door that was getting a bit dirty.
2. Hand rests on all doors cleaned with 3M foam.
3. 3M Detailing glaze applied on the bonnet and boot and pillars and buffed.
4. 3M dashboard polish on dashboard
5. 3M Glass shiner on windscreen

Total charges 0 Rs.

I noted one thing that the products used by Classic Honda guys were of good quality.
I saw that they use all products like Shampoo, Tyre polish etc from 3M. Even the degreasing and dirt remover from Door and bonnet hinges was 3M.

Overall quite satisfied with the service. The 3M polish has restored the dull matte finish on the dashboard.
Attaching some pics here.
last two are after the service and the rest are some random pics. The rear fender pics show the scratch that i have left untouched.
Attached Thumbnails
This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT )-img_0024.jpg  

This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT )-img_0025.jpg  

This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT )-img_0026.jpg  

This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT )-img_0027.jpg  

This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT )-img_0028.jpg  

This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT )-img_0208.jpg  

This is Honda... ( Honda City V-MT )-img_0209.jpg  

Last edited by zoom_vroom : 16th October 2010 at 12:49.
Old 17th October 2010, 12:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys
I noted one thing that the products used by Classic Honda guys were of good quality.
I too bought my city from them and till now quite satisfied with their service.

I noticed you have got side door beading, how much they charged you for that. Now I understand this is one must accessory which one must buy. No matter how far you park you car in parking lot. The driver / passenger of car parked adjacent to our car will hit the door.

Specially the left front door of my city has got few scratches and dents due to this.

I hope this side beading will help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks