Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:02   #16
BHPian

Nice. Looks good there!

Kinda funny how first timers these days have such relatively powerful cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
And yes, I also handed over a pen to the sales guy as a small token of appreciation before starting from the showroom.
No offense, but a pen?? Really?
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Nice. Looks good there!

Kinda funny how first timers these days have such relatively powerful cars.

No offense, but a pen?? Really?
I wanted to buy a powerful car because i always knew that after few days when my driving skills will be upto the mark i would not like to repent thinking that i could have invested 50 -60k more and got a better/powerful car.
And also ,it will not be possible for me to change my car in every few years. So thought of investing for a car which i can keep for long time and would love to drive also .

And , yes i gave him a pen, because i thought, a pen would be a best possible stuff i can give him as a token of appreciation which he can use in his day to day work.
I also thought about a Tie , but was not sure what kind of shirts he usually wears , so thought against it .
And i gave him a nice Parker .
I have no idea , if there is any other gift i could have given. Please suggest me some , i will surely keep it in mind when i buy my next car.

Cheers
Old 16th April 2010, 19:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Some more updates

Time for some more update:-
Ok, so now after getting the car home and puja and all done, it was time for me to make sure that I get my hand set for using the car.
So I decided that I will drive the car only in the morning when the traffic is very minimum.
As my wife goes to office pretty early in the morning, so decided to start driving by dropping my wife to her bus stand , which I like 5 mins walk from our house, and then roam around in Bangalore with bare minimum traffic and occasionally drop my wife to her office in electronic city.
Started driving around 40kms every day in Bangalore and after 7 days got a hang of the diesel turbo and felt pretty confident to drive in normal hours.
So one Saturday decided to drive to the new forum mall at Whitefield which I around 25 kms from our house.
Drove there pretty smoothly and then came the part to park in the car in MLCP, which I was not at all confident, because once in morning while driving I got stuck on a uphill and it took me some time to get going .Anyways, had that experience in my back of my mind, so this time I was very careful about the slope and was able to park the smoothly in the MLCP. That gave me a lot of confidence and while coming back also had to drive through a quite a bit of traffic, which I was able to handle pretty well.
And I must say the turbo of the diesel engine make it real easy to drive through in traffic.
As I didn’t have any previous driving experience so I can’t compare the driving experience with some other car, but compared to the santro (that’s was in decent condition) which I drove while getting my DL driving this DDIS is real fun, expect the dead pedal missing in this car.
Anyways, the first time I filled fuel worth 1000rs (approx 25 lts) and there was 5 lts of diesel which was provided by the dealer, so total it had 30 lts of fuel and after driving 340kms the fuel indicator was showing around 2 bars (approx 10lts left if I’m not wrong), so roughly I was getting around 17 kml with 30 – 40 % ac on.
After getting the car we had to decide on getting a decent ICE setup.
So decided for a pioneer HU and jbl speakers for front and rear.
Visited the Autoshop in koramangala and got a quote for the setup and also checked with EVO for the same.
So finally decided to get it done by EVO and visited this store. Satya, first agreed to setup a pioneer 2290 hu with jbl speaker, but while doing the setup saw that there was Kenwood kdc 346 HU that was placed in my car, so checked with Satya about the same to which he told me that Kenwood is far more superior then pioneer, and advised me to go with it .
First I didn’t like the same, but then thought we can trust a fellow BHPian who in a way know better about stuff then me .So agreed to go with Kenwood HU and it sounds pretty good with GTS –S265C placed on the front door and GTS-S396 on the back.

The drive has been very smooth so far and I’m LOVING IT.
There are issue few which I have faced till now , first is the od meter console ,the steering wheel obstructs proper viewing of the same and I have to bend my head to get a proper view of the console specially while seeing if the turning indicator are on or not .
Next, is the rear view mirror, that also obstructs my view from getting a proper view of the left hand movements and have to duck my head a little bit to get a proper view.

Ordered my Team BHP stickers and got them in 7 days .Have already pasted a couple of them in my car.
Will post the pics of the same .
I guess mine will first car in the forum with a “L” board and also TEAM-BHP stickers pasted.

Have already covered around 1100kms and got my first servicing done .
No major issues so far, only left a slight pull on the left hand side and the rear mud flaps were not properly fitted so got then properly fitted. They also swapped the tyre and wheel balancing was also done .
And the total expense of the first servicing was Rs. 731 which includes engine oil (Mobil )change.
Oh yes ,how can I miss this , yup already got a scratch on my baby.
The day before the first servicing, while coming back from office a tata sumo kissed my baby in bumper bumper traffic . The sumo’s number plate hit the bumper and result, a long scratch on the bumper. About 6 inches from the middle to could not paste any sticker to cover it , so thought of getting a touch up done during the servicing.
So asked them if the same can be fixed or not .They said ,they will have to paint the whole bumper to maintain the consistency of the paint and it will cost 1.8k.
I could not understand why for a scratch which is somewhere on the center of the bumper they will have to paint the whole bumper.
So dropped the idea of getting it fixed this time, will get it done sometime later.
Old 16th April 2010, 19:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Some pics

Some pics with T-BHP stickers and the scratch on the bumper
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc00998-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc00989-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc00993-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc00996-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc00997-large.jpg  

Old 16th April 2010, 20:12   #20
BHPian

Sad to hear about the scratch pal but you can't help it. There is absolutely no control traffic police has(they don't want to either) with these maniacs. Anyways I saw one ad in sony television late night that there is a pen with a special chemical that fills up these small scratches. Not sure about its effectiveness but might help you in your learning phase. I am sure some members here might have used it and can comment on its effectiveness.
Old 16th April 2010, 23:16   #21
BHPian

Congrats Schoudhury for the Ritz. You seem to be in praise about that turbo kick. The Ritz looks good in that guise, sad to hear about that scratch though. Try to get it touched up outside the service centers. The car would look good with new shoes.
Wishing you safe and happy driving with the DDiS.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:23   #22
BHPian

Hey ,

A very well defined experience of buying the very first car. Its a great choice, DDIs is a beautiful engine thats worth keeping with you for years.

By the way, I am very happy to hear that you started enjoying ICE. Ken woods are also great. Get some good music collections.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:39   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the new DDiS. I also started driving with a DDiS. A 2009 Swift Vdi. It has been a great car to learn on as it wont stall as easily as the other petrols. This engine gives you the best of both worlds, good performance and high FE. Enjoy your ride.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:08   #24
BHPian

Congrats Schoudhury for your new Ritz.
Your car looks great.
Nice colour selection - my favourite colour.
So sad to hear about the scratch.
It really hurts when such things happen and especially when the car is new.
BTW did you changed to Alloys?
Ritz looks really nice with alloys.

Wish you a happy and safe driving experience with your Ritz.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Sad to hear about the scratch pal but you can't help it. There is absolutely no control traffic police has(they don't want to either) with these maniacs. Anyways I saw one ad in sony television late night that there is a pen with a special chemical that fills up these small scratches. Not sure about its effectiveness but might help you in your learning phase. I am sure some members here might have used it and can comment on its effectiveness.
Yes i also saw that in the TV ad's .but not sure though if it would be helpful.But i guess its worth a try .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats Schoudhury for the Ritz. You seem to be in praise about that turbo kick. The Ritz looks good in that guise, sad to hear about that scratch though. Try to get it touched up outside the service centers. The car would look good with new shoes.
Wishing you safe and happy driving with the DDiS.
yes man the turbo is just awesome when you are driving in bumper bumper traffic .Yup the scratch , will try to get it fixed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Hey ,

A very well defined experience of buying the very first car. Its a great choice, DDIs is a beautiful engine thats worth keeping with you for years.

By the way, I am very happy to hear that you started enjoying ICE. Ken woods are also great. Get some good music collections.
Thanks Bro , yes the HU sound pretty good with JBL speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
Congrats on the new DDiS. I also started driving with a DDiS. A 2009 Swift Vdi. It has been a great car to learn on as it wont stall as easily as the other petrols. This engine gives you the best of both worlds, good performance and high FE. Enjoy your ride.
True. I saw a couple of driving school using vdi/ldi swifts/desire and im sure those learning with those machine will find it pretty easy to learn driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Congrats Schoudhury for your new Ritz.
Your car looks great.
Nice colour selection - my favourite colour.
So sad to hear about the scratch.
It really hurts when such things happen and especially when the car is new.
BTW did you changed to Alloys?
Ritz looks really nice with alloys.

Wish you a happy and safe driving experience with your Ritz.
No man , im still with the stock rims and shoes.
Abit tight on finance now so it will take some time to get those changed.
but alloy are the 1st on my list.
Hope to get that done pretty soon.

Cheers
Old 21st April 2010, 16:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics ..

This weekend i gave my baby a nice bath , so thought of just sharing some pics with everyone .

Pics # 1-5 My baby after a nice bath.
Pics # 6 visitor while i was cleaning my baby
Pics # 7-9. Getting getting to be dried .
Pics # 10-18 Identification Marks of my Baby.
Pics # 19-20 Space for keeping bottle
Pics # 21-26 ICE setup
Pics # 27 View from drivers seat
Pics # 28 The steering obstructing the proper view of the display console
Pics # 29 View from co passengers seat
Pics # 32-33 Seat and steering covers
Pics # 30-31 Rear view mirror obstructing proper view on the left hand side of the windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-1.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-2.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-3.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-4.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-5.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-6.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-7.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-8.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-10.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-11.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-12.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-13.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-14.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-15.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-16.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-17.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-18.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-19.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-20.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-21.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-22.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-23.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-24.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-25.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-26.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-27.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-28.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-29.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-30.jpg  

Old 21st April 2010, 16:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Cont

Pics Cont'd from the last post .
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-21.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-22.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-23.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-24.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-25.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-26.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-27.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-28.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-29.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-30.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-31.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-32.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-33.jpg  

Old 21st April 2010, 17:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures got posted twice, mod's please feel free to remove the first 10 pics in the post posted @ "21st April 2010, 16:25"
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone.
Need some help.
Im planning to get the underbody coating and the anti-rust treatment done for my car and i actually wanted to know if these can be done somewhere other than the service center because i get a feeling they always charge some extra money for these if i get it done from them.
Any pointers for that in Bangalore will be a great help .

Cheers.
Old 24th April 2010, 22:13   #30
BHPian

Heard that companies like 3 M, sonax and all will do the coatings outside too. Lets see if any of our team mates did the same from outside !!

I did it in the car showroom itself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed