Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 13:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th June 2010 at 11:29.
Schoudhury is offline   Received Infraction
Old 31st August 2010, 17:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Some updates

Time for some updates on my car.
The car will going for its 2nd service in a week or so and is touching 4800 kms presently.
There is no mark for guessing that some rattles have also started ,its a very faint one but can be heard if music is turned off.
Its coming from the left hand side rear door.Will try to get the same fixed during the next service .Aslo planning to add some foam inserts into the door panels.

In the meantime have upgrade my headlamps to Philips 90.100W bulbs with hella relay and got Neo Dizzy Black Machined red Lip 14"X5.5" alloys running on stock JK tyre.

Also fitted a chrome exhaust tip.

Need some help :-

After changing to alloys ( which are of ZXI size ) i have noticed that the tyre are slightly projected outside the body of the car ( Pic # 6 and 7).Not sure if this is normal or not , and as result the side of the car is getting dirty very soon.
Not sure others have also noticed the same issue .
Please let me know if there is something that needs to be adjusted or checked if this is not normal.
If this is the case while im using stock size tyre, so when i upgrade the rubbers to 185 , will the tyre get more projected outside .
And also what the recommended pressure that i should fill now after fitting the alloys.

Some pics of car after washing and waxing, hope you like them .

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01428-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01430-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01433-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01436-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01439-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01442-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01444-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01445-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01447-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc014491-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01450-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01451-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01452-large.jpg  

Old 1st September 2010, 10:16   #63
BHPian

Sir, the outside projection is due the width (5.5")of the rims. Can you please lets know whats was the size of the stock rims.

I feel there is nothing wrong in that kinda Tyre projection, expect as you said the probability of getting the sides dirty is more.

Even in WagonR, I too got the same kind of projection after upgrading from stock rims (4.5") to alloys (5.5").

By the way from where you bought those nice set of rims, whats the price?
Old 1st September 2010, 12:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Sir, the outside projection is due the width (5.5")of the rims. Can you please lets know whats was the size of the stock rims.

I feel there is nothing wrong in that kinda Tyre projection, expect as you said the probability of getting the sides dirty is more.

Even in WagonR, I too got the same kind of projection after upgrading from stock rims (4.5") to alloys (5.5").

By the way from where you bought those nice set of rims, whats the price?
The stock rim size in Ritz is 14*5. Ya i know, but its ok if there this is normal.Anyways the tyre looks abit broader also .

Ya got these from Autozone in HSR , Rs 13.5k for a set of 4 after exchanging the steel rims .
Great that you liked the alloys .I was actually looking for something in black with red lip, but then i remembered how tough im finding it to maintain the back alloys on the pulsar 200, it looses the shine after sometime, so went with these .

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:49   #65
BHPian

Hi Schoudhury, the alloy looking cool. Why don't you paint the front calipers and rear break drum in red/yellow?

Actually I'm waiting to see which alloy colour suits FB red Ritz. Thanks to you for the images. Tell me one thing is these Neo alloys are lighter than original steel rims?

How much does the tip of the exhaust cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The stock rim size in Ritz is 14*5. Ya i know, but its ok if there this is normal.Anyways the tyre looks abit broader also .

Ya got these from Autozone in HSR , Rs 13.5k for a set of 4 after exchanging the steel rims .
Great that you liked the alloys .I was actually looking for something in black with red lip, but then i remembered how tough im finding it to maintain the back alloys on the pulsar 200, it looses the shine after sometime, so went with these .

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:20   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi Schoudhury, the alloy looking cool. Why don't you paint the front calipers and rear break drum in red/yellow?

Actually I'm waiting to see which alloy colour suits FB red Ritz. Thanks to you for the images. Tell me one thing is these Neo alloys are lighter than original steel rims?

How much does the tip of the exhaust cost?
Yes, i wanted to get the front calipers painted red the day i fitted the alloys, but the place where i got the alloys from didn't do the painting and i needed to get the painting done @ a nearby garage , but that day it was raining so heavily they said it will take time for the paint to dry and if not properly dried it will be messed up so i didn't do that day.But will get it done during the 2nd servicing .I will get it painted red.
The tip of the exhaust costs Rs 400.
Im sure these NEO wheels are pretty heavy, they might be slightly lighter then the steel rims.but not by much.
I have seen some alloys from a brand named EVO , those alloys were pretty light, but didn't look that solid also ( i may be wrong here though).

Cheers.
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:33   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The tip of the exhaust costs Rs 400.
Cheers.
From where did you get the item from? Reliance Autozone??
Old 5th September 2010, 12:55   #68
BHPian

Reliance autozone is hsr is pretty good now a days, a lot of varities. Yesterday I have seen a new brand of alloys "ZAKI" there and from them heard that its from the same neo wheels.

I bought my michelin xm1's from there only, but alloys from car shringar. Due to this I got my calipers painted there itself. Black in the back and chrome on the front disk holders. Looks kewl.

By the way there is one more option dude, But a can of ready to use com spray paint and paint it urself after removing the rims with the help of a jakki.
Old 5th September 2010, 17:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reliance autozone is hsr is pretty good now a days, a lot of varities. Yesterday I have seen a new brand of alloys "ZAKI" there and from them heard that its from the same neo wheels.

I bought my michelin xm1's from there only, but alloys from car shringar. Due to this I got my calipers painted there itself. Black in the back and chrome on the front disk holders. Looks kewl.

By the way there is one more option dude, But a can of ready to use com spray paint and paint it urself after removing the rims with the help of a jakki.
Ya true, seems like they are stocking loads of stuff now-a-days.
Yes when i bought my set of alloys they showed me the alloys from ZAKI and guess what those alloys also had 1 year warranty on them , the SA also showed me the box of those alloys and it had the seal of NEO on it, but one thing i have noticed all the alloys manufactured by any renowned brand have their name written on the alloys, but those didn't have it, so i backed out of the it and took the NEO ones.
Yup i will get the brakes calipers painted soon.

Salbin, i got those exhaust tip from Autoshop in koramanagala.
Anyways some more update.
Got a vinyl sticked on the front of the car on the grill to give it a somewhat AUDI look .

Here are some pics of the same.
Hope you guys like it .
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc014681-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01465-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01466-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01467-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01468-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01469-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01470-large.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 11:21   #70
BHPian

Hey whats that new modd? I am not able to notice any difference from the pic on page1 with that of the one above? Sorry.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey whats that new modd? I am not able to notice any difference from the pic on page1 with that of the one above? Sorry.
Check part of the front bumper where the number plated is , earlier it was body colored and now its all black.
Now the front grill looks like a single piece ( i hope ).
I guess a smaller number plate in the front will make it more visible .
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01082-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01467-large.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 14:21   #72
BHPian

Hey this is a cool MOD. Wonder how come such subtle change gives a good look at large. Good stuff buddy, Let me try to get the same done soon.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:37   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hey this is a cool MOD. Wonder how come such subtle change gives a good look at large. Good stuff buddy, Let me try to get the same done soon.
Glad that you liked the same .
Actually saw this picture below in google, so thought of giving it a try and actually looked pretty kwel and gives a AUDI like look to the front grill .
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-marutiritz.jpg  

Old 6th September 2010, 15:48   #74
BHPian

Brilliant,so where did you get the vinyl stickers?. How much did it cost?
Old 6th September 2010, 15:56   #75
Senior - BHPian

I got the same done @ a local sticker shop and he charged 200 bucks for the same .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed