Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 21:06   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: My First Car, Ritz VDI

Time for some more update:-

Great After sale service by MASS:-

After the repairs were done, I went for a one day holiday to Mysore with my parents, wife and my 6month old baby.
Few days earlier before we went to Mysore , one day I saw the rear tyre was not properly inflated, checked the tyre but didn’t see any puncture or anything ( maybe I missed it ) so went to the pump and got the tyres properly inflated .

On the day of the journey, just stopped @ a pump to check the air pressure, and to my surprise it was again losing air.
Not sure what to do as it was pretty early in the morning, so decided to start for Mysore.
We stopped @ Kamat for breakfast, over there checked the tyre and it looked ok.

So the moment we checked in the hotel, immediately called up the MASS over there in Mysore, and they asked me to come over and get the tyre checked.

It was the day when there a Karnataka band, so the road an all were empty @ Mysore, so with the help of the MMI installed on my N95 8 GB was able to reach Mondovi motor @ bennur road.

A SA was asked to check my car, I informed him that I’m coming from Bangalore and don’t know anything about Mysore so came straight to MASS instead of looking for local puncture shop.

He checked and found that there was nail that was stuck in the tyre.

The SA told me that he will put the spare and I can get the puncture fixed from a local puncture shop.
I was not aware that MASS doesn’t fix puncture, and was bit upset that I will have to find a local puncture shop and get it fixed myself or travel back to bangalore without a spare wheel in the car with my family which i was not very comfortable with .

And moreover that day was a band so was not sure if I would be able to find any puncture shop or not.

The SA understood my problem and told me not to worry, he fixed the spare wheel and drove me to local puncture which was around 10km from the service station and got the puncture fixed and put the spare back on the car. For the puncture I paid 75 Rs

Drove me back to the service station and bid me good bye.

I tried to give him a tip, but he refused to accept any, I even requested him to accept the tip, but he simply refused.
So shook hands and said a BIG THANKS to him and started back for the hotel.

This was really a wonderful experience which I had with Maruti A.S.S.

Going extra mile to satisfy a customer, good stuff MARUTI .

I’m not sure if we can expect this kind of service from other brand or manufacturer.

3rd Service Done:-

My car was ready for this 3rd free service.

So drove to Pratham on ORR on Sunday and came to know that on Sunday they can only do normal service and will not be able to take care of the other issue which I had from previous body repair and will be able to deliver the car only on Monday evening.

So I told my regular SA that I will come next day and get the service done.

So yesterday gave the car for servicing and asked them fix the alignment issue with bonnet and the bumper.
Also while driving to the service center got a scratch on the front bumper, so asked them to do a touch up on the same and do a polishing of the bumper which was promised by the repair SA.

Apart from that they changed the engine oil and filter.

Collected the car in the evening, the total bill was Rs 1303.

The car was cleaned really well which I had specially asked my SA to take care of, including cleaning the alloys properly when they take them during the wheel rotation, so gave them a good rating on that .

One thing I have noticed after the service is that @ 2k rpm I don’t feel the pushback anymore, will observe it for a couple of days and then report it back to my regular SA if needed.

Need to get the emission certificate so will drive to MASS once again next week and get it done.
Also renewed the insurance with Royal Sundaram, paid Rs 11494 for the same.
Will get the copy of the same in a few days time.

Also got the number plates changed, as the front number plate was damaged, paid Rs 850 for them.

So all in all, the car is running pretty smooth (touchwood).

Posting some pictures of my baby.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02833-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02854-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02855-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02856-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02834-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02835-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02837-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02838-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02839-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc02853-large.jpg  

Old 9th February 2011, 11:11   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Although I do find this problem (stop and then go into slot) while downshifting from 2nd to 1st . However it is more noticeable when I change gear from neutral to 1st. (Clutch is fully pressed).
I had a test drive of the Ritz 2 days ago ( petrol-ZXI ) and I too noticed the same gear shift problem. I also found the steering to be quite heavy for my liking. Seems these are the common issues with the car. Ritz owners could you please confirm.

Last edited by auto-one : 9th February 2011 at 11:14.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I had a test drive of the Ritz 2 days ago ( petrol-ZXI ) and I too noticed the same gear shift problem. I also found the steering to be quite heavy for my liking. Seems these are the common issues with the car. Ritz owners could you please confirm.
Yup for the 1st 200 or 300 kms there was some gear shift issue, but after that its perfectly fine, its as smooth as butter now . Not sure about the steering heavy thing, as i havent driven many cars so can't comment on that .
Old 9th February 2011, 17:23   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Yup for the 1st 200 or 300 kms there was some gear shift issue, but after that its perfectly fine, its as smooth as butter now .
Thanks Schoudhury, for your reply. The car I test drove was a demo car with nearly 11k on the odo. Iam planning to have another test drive of the Ritz, but this time from another dealer. Perhaps this will make clear whether the specific car I drove had any steering / gear related problem or it is a common issue with the Ritz.
Old 9th February 2011, 19:30   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
The gear shift issue looks specific to the car you test drove. My car (ZXi 11k on the odo) doesn't have this particular issue. Only while slotting to reverse, it doesn't slot sometimes.

Re heavy steering, I think you have test driven i10 or i20 also and you liked the steering feel of i10 compared to Ritz. Yes, Ritz's steering is heavy in comparison to i10, but I prefer it that way. i10 steering didn't give enough feedback about the road for my liking.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:33   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Re heavy steering, I think you have test driven i10 or i20 also and you liked the steering feel of i10 compared to Ritz. Yes, Ritz's steering is heavy in comparison to i10, but I prefer it that way. i10 steering didn't give enough feedback about the road for my liking.
It was back-to-back test drive of the Beat, Figo and the Ritz. I liked the feel of the Beat and the Figo. Perhaps another test drive of the Ritz will make things more clear.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

WoW! Thats some real good gesture from the A.S.S Guy. Its such guys who are needed in the customer service industry. Unfortunately we dont get to meet them very often.
Old 10th February 2011, 13:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Re: Some updates

Quote:
Need some help :-

After changing to alloys ( which are of ZXI size ) i have noticed that the tyre are slightly projected outside the body of the car ( Pic # 6 and 7).Not sure if this is normal or not , and as result the side of the car is getting dirty very soon.
Not sure others have also noticed the same issue .
Please let me know if there is something that needs to be adjusted or checked if this is not normal.
If this is the case while im using stock size tyre, so when i upgrade the rubbers to 185 , will the tyre get more projected outside .
And also what the recommended pressure that i should fill now
Cheers
Saw this only now, so.. the problem of tyres protruding towards the outside is because the rim offset is more than OE rims. for more on offset see here: Wheel Offset Calculator The offset would be written on the inside of your rim ET38 or something like that.

In case you get wider 185 tyres the tyre will protrude another 1 cm. (I presume you are running 165 width now) The inflation pressure is written on your door pilar and there is no reason not to follow that.

BTW good your car i back to its normal self after the horrid mishap.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:51   #114
BHPian

Great to know that your ritzy has been "cured" from the accident.Also got High security no. plates.You are lucky to get such SA.Now the car looks nice without the vinyl strip.In our experience, the JK tyres are still in great shape at 25 k kms. without even periodic inspection.
Regards
Sreehari
Old 6th March 2011, 23:07   #115
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Ritzy........

My Ritzy completed one year today .

And i must say, this last one year with my Ritz has been really nice .And i hope it continues the same way all through out .

The engine has really opened up now and has become smooth , real smooth.
Also, no rattles till date , yes there was one which was fixed during the 2nd service , that never resurfaced ( touch wood).

Have complete around 11k kms till date .
I remember when i got the car and was expecting around a monthly usage of around max 800 kms and i had a feeling that once i get the car the usage could increase , so went for a diesel instead of petrol. And now when i look back, i see that i made the right choice of going with a diesel instead of petrol.

Moreover when i bought the car, petrol prices where around 52 ( if im not wrong) and now it has reached around 64 here in blore .

Few days back i did a tank full for my 2 wheeler after a longtime , paid around 1100 rs for that .Regular tank full of diesel for my Ritz i pay around 1600 Rs, so im sure the extra money which i paid for my DDIS should be cover sooner than later.

Apart from the regular expense which i paid for fuel here are the list of other expense towards maintenance and other stuff :-
Have completed 3 services , paid in total of Rs 2072 ( 1st - 732 and 3rd 1340 approx ) .
Replaced mud flaps + Added bumper protector = Rs 900 .
Alloys :- Rs 13.5 k
ICE :- 15 k
Insurance renewed :- Rs 11.4 k ( Lost around 2.5k of NCB )
Repair Charges :- 5k
TBHP stickers :- Rs 210 .
Headlights 90/100 + Exhaust pipe end :- 1.5 k
Number plates :- Rs 850
Wheel balancing + Alignment :- 1k
Door Wisor :- Rs 900
Wax + Shampoo :- Rs 500
Car Charger + Bluetooth hands-free = 1k

So overall if you see apart from the Rs 732 which i paid for the 1st service , rest would have been the same for a petrol Ritzy also .

The fun to drive the DDIS :- Priceless

Constantly getting a mileage of around 15 + within city (30 % A/C) and around 20 (90 % A/C) in highways trips , which i feel is fair enough considering the crazy blore traffic .

So overall to sum it up, all i can say is Awesome driving my Ritzy around .

Today on its 1st b'day gave my Ritz a nice wash and thick quote of wax ,which took me almost 3 hours .

Things in mind, which I would like to add to my ritzy are :-
1. Better tyres
2. Rear Spoiler
3. May be a under body coating .
4. Add sporty stripes
5. Front windshield sunfilm .

Some pics of my ritzy. Added the GOT BHP sticker also .
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03169-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03170-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03171-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03172-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03176-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03178-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03182-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03183-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03185-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03187-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03190-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc03192-large.jpg  

Old 7th March 2011, 00:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Happy Birthday Ritzy........

hey due to the sunlight falling on your ritzy in certain pictures, your car looks like the copper colour of the swift (which looks good btw). Anyways, nice looking alloys on your car. Iv got similar ones in black. Any specific reason for putting the rubber strips on the doors and rear bumper??
Also i wanted to ask, when you gave the car for the 3rd service, and your wheel rotation was done, was your 5th tyre also used?? If yes, did they change the steel wheel to the alloy wheel on it?? Coz the guys in bombay told me that since i have an aftermarket alloy wheel, they will just rotate the 4 existing tyres and not touch the 5th one at all.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:30   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
hey due to the sunlight falling on your ritzy in certain pictures, your car looks like the copper colour of the swift (which looks good btw). Anyways, nice looking alloys on your car. Iv got similar ones in black. Any specific reason for putting the rubber strips on the doors and rear bumper??
Also i wanted to ask, when you gave the car for the 3rd service, and your wheel rotation was done, was your 5th tyre also used?? If yes, did they change the steel wheel to the alloy wheel on it?? Coz the guys in bombay told me that since i have an aftermarket alloy wheel, they will just rotate the 4 existing tyres and not touch the 5th one at all.
Thanks ,
You have similar alloys in black from NEO ? or some other brand.
Post some pictures of the same .
The got the door guards free , and it help to protect the door from possible scratches when you park you car in tight place , like between to closely placed car or one side of the wall.

And placed the bumper gaurd when a sumo kissed my car when it was just a month old and gave her first real scratch.

My SA asked me , if i would like to rotate all 5 rubbers or not , i asked them to do only for the 4 with alloys , im not sure about the after market alloys funda.

cheers
Old 7th March 2011, 22:36   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ,
You have similar alloys in black from NEO ? or some other brand.
Post some pictures of the same .

My SA asked me , if i would like to rotate all 5 rubbers or not , i asked them to do only for the 4 with alloys , im not sure about the after market alloys funda.

cheers
Mine belong to a brand called prestige. Got em fitted on the stock rubber itself. here is a pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dscn0137.jpg  

Old 14th March 2011, 15:02   #119
BHPian

Dear Proud Owner-i too joined the Ritz club on 29 Jan 11 (my 4th car since 1985-ambassador, Van and wagon R-all run over one lakh kms). First service at Bimal on 17 Feb and of to Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan-a total of 5745 kms. As on today she has done 7030 kms and not even a month and a half.
She loves to eat up the miles effortlessly. Ritz

Col Jude Mayne
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:47   #120
Senior - BHPian

schoudry, what is that odd looking thing behind the gear console?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks