Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 14:19   #121
Senior - BHPian

Service Light stays ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
schoudry, what is that odd looking thing behind the gear console?
I think you are referring to the car freshener .

Before is start the car i always wait for the service light to go off, so today also when i was about to start for office , i put the key in the keyhole and waited waited and waited but the service light didn't go off .
Took the key out and again tried, but still no go.
So started the car and the light went off.
Came to ofc and checked the same back again after switching off the car, again same issue.
So called up my regular SA and told him about it, he asked me to get the car to the service center to get it checked .

Will go to pratham motors after sometime and see whats the issue .
Old 6th April 2011, 22:07   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: My First Car, Ritz VDI

Reached Pratham around 14.45 hours, called up my regular SA and informed him that im was waiting for him.
He comes within 10 mins time with a sdk tool kit ( which is similar to tech 2), connect the same to some plug under the steering , and we wait for the scan to complete, then checks the error code, and guess what ,it doesn't register any error codes.
SA check the same once again , but still no error codes.
He uses the clear error code option and then test the reported issue and bingo the light went off after 3 secs like it normally used to do .
He again checks for any error code, but still none.
Confused , what could be the reason he opens the bonnet and crosscheck all the connections, wires , fluid levels etc but all looks good.
He told me that could be because of some loose connections may be but he was not 100 % sure, which i agreed to .
Told him that i will keep him informed if any issues and left .

So not sure what was the cause of the light not going off, but its fine now.

Could someone advise or suggest what could be the issue .
Cheers
Old 11th April 2011, 21:55   #123
Senior - BHPian

Milestone reached

My ride completed 12k today.
13 months and 12k kms, not bad i guess.
When i bought the car i was expecting max 800 kms per month ,so thats around 9.5 k in a year and still went for diesel instead of petrol and i guess that me drive more than that i expected .
Anyways there is also something which i would like to share with everyone, but will update the same later.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-110420111018.jpg  

Old 12th April 2011, 19:27   #124
BHPian

Which alloy should we finalize?I love the first one but my dad loved the second one.Sorry for the poor pics.Both are in 14 ''We will retain the stock crappy JKs because it had done almost 30 k kms asnd do'nt have any value now.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-new-manu-annaan-180.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-new-manu-annaan-181.jpg  

Old 12th April 2011, 21:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Which alloy should we finalize?I love the first one but my dad loved the second one.Sorry for the poor pics.Both are in 14 ''We will retain the stock crappy JKs because it had done almost 30 k kms asnd do'nt have any value now.
Hey SHK, i also like the 2nd one.
Also will suggest as your stock tyres have already run 30 k , why dont you switch to better rubbers along with the alloys.
If possible try out both the alloys on the car and see which one goes better.
Bdw which brand are these and how much are they for .

Cheers
Old 12th April 2011, 22:00   #126
BHPian

S - Great going and wishing you many miles ahead!

Just curious if it's the light playing devil or are you really running on the dark film? Didnt look like a 50% visible one (on the rear glass specially).
Old 13th April 2011, 08:49   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hey SHK, i also like the 2nd one.
Also will suggest as your stock tyres have already run 30 k , why dont you switch to better rubbers along with the alloys.
If possible try out both the alloys on the car and see which one goes better.
Bdw which brand are these and how much are they for .

Cheers
Here is the condition of tyres just clicked now.It has a lot of tread left on it.Will change to yokos at 50 k kms.
But the first alloy goes bvett5er with the ritz.It has a nice finish.It is scorpion alloy.Thanks to my dad's driving style.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-new-manu-annaan.jpg  

Last edited by shk 8896 : 13th April 2011 at 08:50.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:54   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Now which is the 1st and which is the 2nd one? Anyways I liked the one with 6 spokes.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:10   #129
BHPian

Hi Team,

Have been going through this thread for quite a while now. In fact this thread was the prime reason for me buying a Ritz VDI this year on New Year's Day. I wanted to buy one with the glistening grey shade but would had to wait for another 2 months so decided to go for a silky silver.

@shk 8896 - Why not go for the alloys which are coming along with the ZXi model of the car. I like them the most, they have a rustic charm to them. Or may be so, as they will go perfect with my silky silver color of the car.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:01   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj3bDog View Post
Hi Team,

Have been going through this thread for quite a while now. In fact this thread was the prime reason for me buying a Ritz VDI this year on New Year's Day.
Hey Cj.
That's really nice that my ownership thread helped you to get your Ritzy.
Believe me , it really nice car and now a days i kinda started liking the rear shape, it looks different, planing to get a nice spoiler which im sure will enhance the looks .
Yesterday night while coming back home i was really pushing my car and believe me it was fun .
So im also sure you will also truly enjoy your new ride .
I have seen a couple of silver Ritz and they also looked kool.
But i still feel Ritz in white looks the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj3bDog View Post
@shk 8896 - Why not go for the alloys which are coming along with the ZXi model of the car.
Ya ZXI alloys are good, but the thing is that there is no point pay around 22k for set of 14'' alloys whereas you can get lenso 14'' @ around 15k .
I will suggest when you get your alloys , dont just go to one shop and get then fitted.
Check around in different stores and ask them to fit one alloy in the car and see which one looks the best, the reason why i say this because, all alloys looks good when you see them in the store but once you fit them in car it might not look always look nice with the car.

So i guess we can expect one more Ritz review soon.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 06:27   #131
BHPian

Another Ritz review - Sure,

That will be on my topmost priority, once I get my Bhpian Status upgraded. Have a lot to share especially regarding the buying experience. The selection, preparation, dealer selection, the first drive etc etc. Coming soon -
Old 27th October 2011, 11:21   #132
Senior - BHPian

20k Service donei

Got the 1st paid service (20k service ) done from pratham motors yesterday.
My daily running is now close to 80 kms and had couple to highways runs, so the 20k service came pretty fast .

Anyways , the car was doing fine, @ 15k got the engine oil and filter changed .
For the 20k service didnt have any major complains, apart from some sound from the back door and couple of small fixes here and there.

Wanted to get the service done on sunday, so drove to MASS @ around 8.45 and to my surprise there was no SA .Along with me there were 3 more cars waiting .

Waited for around 30 mins , but still no one. So decided to come some other day , also came to know that my regular SA was on leave and he will back on wednesday only.

So yesterday drove in @ around 8.10 am and was greeted by a SA, i asked him for my regular SA, he immediately called my regular SA and came to know that he will come around 9.
The SA collected all the details of the service and issues and informed me that the moment by regular SA comes in he will call me and confirm with him if anything else is needed or missed .

Asked them not to touch the wheel , no stickers and no extra stuff apart from whats mentioned in the manual for the 20k service .

Brake cleaning was not mentioned in the manual, so he informed me that they do brake cleaning as a part of 20k service.
I remmember reading Jaggu's post about getting the brakes cleaned during 20k service is a good idea, so gave a go ahead for that.

At around 9.15 got a call from my regular SA and confirmed that stuff that i have asked for . He told me that the car should be ready by 5.
Also asked them to get the PUC done , because its was due for renewal .

Reached the showroom around 5 and saw the car ready.
Checked the car from inside and outside, checked that things that i have asked for.

I had asked them for some touchups , but they didnt do it and gave some reason why they could not do it earlier and was about to get it done now.

As the raods near ballendur are in complete mess, i asked them not to do the touch ups now as it will not dry properly and all the dust will get stuck on it.
Touchup were not a big deal, so decide to get it done during 25k engine oil/filter change .

The bill came around Rs 6197.

Took a test drive of the car and boy!! the car left so smooth, like butter

The gears had become silky smooth and really left good.

Paid the amount and drove back home .

Off late also got a couple of things done .

1. Replaced the stock horns with Hella Windtone horn

2. Vinyled the roof black.

3. Debadged the rear.

4. Added a black Rear spolier

5. Got packpoda mats

here are some pictures of my ride .

Also around a month back got my baby a 3m exterior treatment.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-040920111353.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-040920111356.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-040920111349.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-040920111351.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-040920111352.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-040920111357.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-050920111360.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-050920111363.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-040920111354-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-110820111292.jpg  

Old 27th October 2011, 11:36   #133
BHPian

Re: 20k Service donei

Quote:

I had asked them for some touchups , but they didnt do it and gave some reason why they could not do it earlier and was about to get it done now.

As the raods near ballendur are in complete mess, i asked them not to do the touch ups now as it will not dry properly and all the dust will get stuck on it.
Touchup were not a big deal, so decide to get it done during 25k engine oil/filter change .
I give my ritz for servicing here too. Do they do touch ups? You know how Bangalore traffic is. I keep getting nicks here and there in my car.
Old 27th October 2011, 11:42   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
I give my ritz for servicing here too. Do they do touch ups? You know how Bangalore traffic is. I keep getting nicks here and there in my car.
Yes, they do if you ask them to do it .
Which MASS have you given your car service for ?
In bangalore we need have all eyes/ears open all the time to drive safely .
If those mark are not that visible , i guess you can ignore them .

Cheers
Old 27th October 2011, 11:45   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they do if you ask them to do it .
Which MASS have you given your car service for ?
In bangalore we need have all eyes/ears open all the time to drive safely .
If those mark are not that visible , i guess you can ignore them .

Cheers
I go to Pratham motors. Ignoring is what i have being doing all this time
Closed Thread

Most Viewed