Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 09:30   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: My First Car, Ritz VDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Time Flies SC.Even I cant believe our Ritzy is almost 3 year old.Even my cousin at Bangalore bought his first car RITZ VDi in Bakers chocolate.Congrats on the milestone.The smoked head lamps and the new alloys looks awesome.Do update
Sreehari
Thanks SHK, yup time just flies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Hey schodhury: I went through the thread but fail to get the details I was looking for, what make is that Spoiler? Is MGA? What was the cost?

I must say you have maintained your car really well, wish you lots and lots of more pleasent miles with it.
Thanks Bro.
No these are not MGA spolier. MGA ones costs you about 5k with painting and all.
I got these spoiler for a local accessory shop here in bangalore.
Let me know if you are looking for the same, if needed i can buy it and ship it to you .I paid 2.5k for these .No drilling or anything required for these , but yes for the lights to work they might have to slit the wire to get the connection.

Also after the 30k service, the car is not feeling the way it used to .

I get a feel that i have to press the gas a bit more to get the car going, and also get a feeling the air pressure is less and the car is not moving freely. I got the air pressure also checked and all looks fine, not sure what the issue is.
Again yesterday when i stopped @ a signal and switched the car off, the service check light again started blinking like crazy , will have to go to MASS to get it checked.

Cheers
Old 16th March 2012, 17:13   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

I got these spoiler for a local accessory shop here in bangalore.
Let me know if you are looking for the same, if needed i can buy it and ship it to you .I paid 2.5k for these .No drilling or anything required for these ,

Cheers
Thanks for the heads up brother, is 2.5 k inclusive of painting or that was extra?

Is the installation done with the help of clips?
Old 17th March 2012, 21:34   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Thanks for the heads up brother, is 2.5 k inclusive of painting or that was extra?

Is the installation done with the help of clips?
2.5k is all inclusive.

They fitted the same with clips.

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2012, 01:17   #184
Senior - BHPian

Hey Schoudhury I really love the way your Ritz looks. Nothing over done. Can you explain as to how did you get your head lights smoked an whether it was a DIY job?? Since a long time I have it in my wishlist but do not have any idea as to how??
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:10   #185
Team-BHP Support

This has to be the best looking Ritz in town. The DRLs, the spoiler, the headlamps, alloys, upsized tyres, everything fits in so well and makes this look like a true hot hatch. Kudos for the awesome maintenance man!

@Schoudhury sir - any update on the service check lights coming on?? Did you visit MASS for this? What did the problem turn out to be?

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd March 2012 at 10:12.
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:38   #186
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys for replying late, not sure how i missed to reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hey Schoudhury I really love the way your Ritz looks. Nothing over done. Can you explain as to how did you get your head lights smoked an whether it was a DIY job?? Since a long time I have it in my wishlist but do not have any idea as to how??
No yaars i didnt have the right tools to get the smoking done, so got it done with help from fellow bhpian Thouqeer, who runs a accessroies store here in bangalore.
They just open the lamps, piant it and fixes the glass back on the lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
This has to be the best looking Ritz in town. The DRLs, the spoiler, the headlamps, alloys, upsized tyres, everything fits in so well and makes this look like a true hot hatch. Kudos for the awesome maintenance man!

@Schoudhury sir - any update on the service check lights coming on?? Did you visit MASS for this? What did the problem turn out to be?
Thanks Karthik.
I did get it checked, but it looks like more of an issue with battery.
The cranks are getting longer now-a-days and also both the time when this happened, i had switched of the engine ( as i was waiting @ a signal) and the DRL and led parking lights, along with the ICE was on .

So i think i will have to change the battery in near future.

Also guys, can anyone tell me where can i get those sparco kinda mudflaps and how much will it cost.

With these broader tyres and rains around , its impossible to keep the car clean,so wanted to get those bigger mudflaps fixed for the front .

As i clean my car once in a week, so i hope it will help .

Cheers.
Schoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 19:24   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sdk tool kit ( which is similar to tech 2), connect the same to some plug under the steering , and we wait for the scan to complete, then checks the error code, and guess what ,it doesn't register any error codes.

He told me that could be because of some loose connections may be but he was not 100 % sure, which i agreed to .
Told him that i will keep him informed if any issues and left .

So not sure what was the cause of the light not going off, but its fine now.

Could someone advise or suggest what could be the issue .
Cheers
Quote:
Before is start the car i always wait for the service light to go off, so today also when i was about to start for office , i put the key in the keyhole and waited waited and waited but the service light didn't go off .
Took the key out and again tried, but still no go.
So started the car and the light went off.
I Had the same issue a few days ago and the exact same procedure done on my car and again the same reply from the SA at Smart cars kagadassapura. Put up in bold in your post. Relieved to find that is could be a one off incidence. Otherwise was looking to change the battery as other posts on team bhp suggest.
BTW at our last meet I noticed you had a compact looking holder for your phone on the dash. Could you put up a pic of it, source and cost. thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 21:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

BTW at our last meet I noticed you had a compact looking holder for your phone on the dash. Could you put up a pic of it, source and cost. thanks
Sir , that's a capdase mobile phone holder , I got it from Sachin's Autoshop .
If I remember correctly it costed me around 900 Rs .

Cheers
Old 28th May 2013, 01:47   #189
BHPian

Had been a silent spectator of this thread for quite sometime.
Really like your car. Congrats on your journey so far with RITZY.

OT: I am planning on RITZ ZXI as my first car.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:04   #190
BHPian

I am experiencing some rattles in the back door and left side door after 3 years and 38k kms, does anyone else face this issue ?

Last edited by drkritik : 19th July 2013 at 12:10.
Old 27th July 2013, 01:02   #191
BHPian

I am driving Ritz Ldi for last three years abd four months. I am also facing similar problem. Overall, I feel Ritz diesel car is not a good choice. I am exploring another diesel car to replace Ritz.
Old 27th July 2013, 19:39   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
I am experiencing some rattles in the back door and left side door after 3 years and 38k kms, does anyone else face this issue ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
I am driving Ritz Ldi for last three years abd four months. I am also facing similar problem. Overall, I feel Ritz diesel car is not a good choice. I am exploring another diesel car to replace Ritz.
I'm having a Ritz Vdi since Dec, 2009, so far driven ~ 70000 km. No issues of rattling, getting an avg. mileage of 19.48 kmpl. No major issues encountered till date (replaced tyres with Michelin XM1+, battery and recently glow plugs). Ritz Vdi is a very capable car for every day's commutation and a value for money (if any body does not have issues with its looks - this is absolutely subjective).
Old 27th July 2013, 20:30   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
. Overall, I feel Ritz diesel car is not a good choice. I am exploring another diesel car to replace Ritz.
I beg to differ here. Rattles are mostly dependant how the car as been driven around. Speed breakers, potholes etc will induce rattles for any car i.e., from a Maruti Alto to a BMW 7 Series. If maintained and driven well the car will rock.

I too own a Ritz VDi and have been driving it for the past 2.7 years and it has clocked 96000 kms and still going strong. The is car is STOCK. No modifications whatsoever. Same tyres specs from factory.

Looks are subjective and as far as the car is it is the best diesel hatchback I consider after the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Ritz Vdi is a very capable car for every day's commutation and a value for money (if any body does not have issues with its looks - this is absolutely subjective).
Good going Gaddiwale!

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 27th July 2013, 21:04   #194
BHPian

I wish BHPian from Delhi share experience about Ritz diesel. I drive around 80 kms a day as I stay in noida and office is in gurgaon.
Old 27th July 2013, 21:06   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get it checked , some bolts might have gone loose. Should not be a big deal.
I have been running low profile tyre from last 30k kms, no issues what so ever.
Anyways, rattles are the only free gift which you get without asking from Maruti .

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks