Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 13:21   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
+1 to scorpio07's post i am 6'3" even i dont find it cramped. & a person of height 5'9" sat behind me still having an inch or two of knee room to spare.
+2 I am 6'5", find no problem. When i was in beat or alto i find my knee touching the dash or front seat. Figo is super spacious.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Black Petro donkey, I am looking forward for a petrol exi model, however I am quite skeptical about the FE figures. As today crude is hovering around $86 approx I suspect another round of price hikes down the line. In such scenarios FE becomes a vital attribute for car selection.

Since you are one of the few Petrol Figo owners, I would like you to tell us the Figo FE experience.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:46   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Congrats on the Black Petro donkey, I am looking forward for a petrol exi model, however I am quite skeptical about the FE figures. As today crude is hovering around $86 approx I suspect another round of price hikes down the line. In such scenarios FE becomes a vital attribute for car selection.

Since you are one of the few Petrol Figo owners, I would like you to tell us the Figo FE experience.
You should really consider zxi.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Mustang, I tried looking it couldn't find the dog bar. Is the Figo supposed to have one?

thanks everyone!

Well the front seating is OK but at the back its going to be a little difficult for larger people!

tj123,
I really cant comment on the FE just yet. I have done exactly 307 as of today so please give me until the weekend when I refuel thats when I can give you all an exact figure. But as of now I think F.E is about 11 with b2b traffic and with about 60KM which was done on the airport road with minimal traffic.

If you can live without the bluetooth music system, driver seat height adjustability and the electrically controlled outside mirrors then the Exi is got everything else you need.

Are there any other Petrol Figo owners on Team-bhp or is my donkey the first one?
Old 6th April 2010, 18:35   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mustang, I tried looking it couldn't find the dog bar. Is the Figo supposed to have one?
There is one. I myself drilled through mine to fix the plates. It's right behind where you fix the number plate.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i am 6'2 and i don't find it cramped and i don't have to push the driver seat all the way back. depends on the driving position i guess
It really surprises me that you dont feel cramped. Maybe its because it is so effortless in Ritz when i get in or out the car.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:42   #67
BANNED

@captain : Looks like you have to drill through your bumper to see it. Just kidding, It is there, nobody will remove it as its a valueless piece of metal but its importance is felt when it saves your radiator during a minor collison.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
There is one. I myself drilled through mine to fix the plates. It's right behind where you fix the number plate.
I will try looking again

Joe did you get your RC book or card? Dealer tells me that it will be mailed to me.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:58   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
It really surprises me that you dont feel cramped. Maybe its because it is so effortless in Ritz when i get in or out the car.
well Ritz is a tall boy reason and should be easily. If you have read the GTO review, he did say that one has to sit in the figo rather than getting into it. IMO tall people have problem in almost every car.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:10   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I will try looking again

Joe did you get your RC book or card? Dealer tells me that it will be mailed to me.
Captain - Same was told to me by Lathangi as well. The RC card will come by speedpost, within 30 days. I got my number today, plan to fix the plates tomorrow. Are you planning fog lamps ? Today Lathangi people says it will come by Friday only
Old 6th April 2010, 19:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I will try looking again

Captain, the RC card will be mailed directly. The registration details are already up on the RTO website but the card will take atleast 2 weeks more.

Last edited by joethomasv : 6th April 2010 at 19:20.
Old 6th April 2010, 21:14   #72
BHPian

Do you know How many free service do we get for Figo ? When is the first service due ? Has anybody brought the Ford all inclusive maintenance plans ?
Old 6th April 2010, 23:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
well Ritz is a tall boy reason and should be easily. If you have read the GTO review, he did say that one has to sit in the figo rather than getting into it. IMO tall people have problem in almost every car.
Very true but for the bigger sedans we have no problems! Like the manza which has tons and tons of space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Captain - Same was told to me by Lathangi as well. The RC card will come by speedpost, within 30 days. I got my number today, plan to fix the plates tomorrow. Are you planning fog lamps ? Today Lathangi people says it will come by Friday only
Revvy!! Where have you been ? Driving around in your red flame? How is your car?
I just got my plates yesterday!
As for the fog lamps. I was thinking about it. The headlights are so powerful is there really a need for fog lamps?

Joe, Revvy
And yes I was told the same thing it will me mailed to me guess we all have to wait.
Joe how did you check the details on the RTO website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Do you know How many free service do we get for Figo ? When is the first service due ? Has anybody brought the Ford all inclusive maintenance plans ?

1st one is 3 months or 2,500 KM
2nd one is 1 year or 10K KM

OH and and btw mustang and joe
Yes I finally found the dog bar on the figo! but sadly didn't find any dogs drinking there!

Soon as I saw mustang's post I ran out to check if my car was from that batch. Luckily it doesn't feel like that. Car felt quite stable. Will test more during the weekend on some empty private roads.

But I did notice something a bit strange. When I turn the steering wheel completely to any direction when the car is stationary or moving I get hissing sound from the steering column. This can also be heard from the outside aswell!
Is this normal ?
Could Joe,revvy try and let me know ?
Mustang !

Last edited by Captain Slow : 6th April 2010 at 23:31.
Old 7th April 2010, 07:43   #74
BANNED

Does not seem like a problem to me captain.I think its the normal hydraulic power steering sound. Switch off the AC & do the same & tell me if the noise is still coming. how loud is it? I guess it would be hardly audible.

Anyways if you are not comfortable with it, then you can get it checked.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th April 2010 at 07:47.
Old 7th April 2010, 08:08   #75
BHPian

Captain,finally you found the BAR!! The RTO details for Bangalore can be checked by sms right? Karnataka RTO - sms RTO to get Vehicle details - Team-BHP
I don't think the RTO details for Karnataka is available online.
For Kerala, it's MVDKerala - Home

Like Mustang said, I think the power steering sound at full lock is normal. It's there in mine too. I remember reading somewhere (I think in the Lancer's manual) that it's not recommended to keep the steering at full lock for a long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks