Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 13:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

I too found the dogs "BAR"!! (If at all this is it) I'm wondering how the dogs could be told of this so that they could keep away!!! Coz I have my doubts on how the dog would aim at this part and not disturb the whole lot of space below where the radiator is almost like naked!!! Its better they keep away than testing their aiming capabilities with the "BAR".

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1825167
Old 7th April 2010, 13:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

ah well! if you also are getting the sound Joe then I guess I will ignore it until the first service comes up
thanks Joe, Mustang!

Thanks Joe
My number still doesn't show up in the RTO system. Guess I have to wait longer!

The Dog bar seems rather useless to me! What if something hits the bumper in the plastic part right below the dog bar?
Old 7th April 2010, 14:02   #78
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car, looks great in black

I must confess that I have been procrastinating - have been meaning to read this thread for a while now, just to figure out the "donkey" bit! I finally got down to reading it & stand enlightened LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
On paper it claims to have 70bhp. But start driving this car and you wonder where the horses suddenly went? If you want to make the car move fast you need to take out a big whip and star whipping it hard and only then does it start to move fastly. 70 horses yeah right! Feels like 70 whiney donkeys under the hood!
You did say you bought the car after a TD?

Last edited by suman : 7th April 2010 at 14:03.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Suman!
Yes I did a TD. This was a day after the official figo launch there was a huge line to TD the car. My TD was very-very small maybe 1 KM. That too I was told by the SA to stay below 40 as there was an interceptor catching people for speeding.
You should also TD a Figo
Old 7th April 2010, 16:28   #80

Congrats on the new car!

Isn't the fact that the rear windows go down just about half-way, a problem for you?
Old 8th April 2010, 16:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Vibrantsoul,
Yup it is! and the lack of power windows at the back.
Old 11th April 2010, 19:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Update - done 470KM

Tanked up at shell today. She drank 39L
Average FE on the first tank - 11.5
This was with heavy b2b traffic and with AC on all the time. Along with 60KM of highway drive.
Things should improve now,
No more shell for me 58.95

Problems -
My front suspension seems to have started making a Squeaking sound. Makes some kind of funny sound when I go over pot holes or speed breakers.
I have never taken the car on any bad broken roads!

Wondering if I should show her to ford or wait until my first service?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 11th April 2010 at 19:58.
Old 11th April 2010, 19:59   #83
BANNED

@captain : wait till first service & if you wash your car regularly then stop doing that, rather wipe your car.
Old 11th April 2010, 20:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update - done 470KM

Tanked up at shell today. She drank 39L
Average FE on the first tank - 11.5
This was with heavy b2b traffic and with AC on all the time. Along with 60KM of highway drive.
Things should improve now,
No more shell for me 58.95

Problems -
My front suspension seems to have started making a Squeaking sound. Makes some kind of funny sound when I go over pot holes or speed breakers.
I have never taken the car on any bad broken roads!

Wondering if I should show her to ford or wait until my first service?
Thanks Captain for the petrol FE figures, they seems to be Ok as Bangalore city traffic & roads are horrible. I think it will improve a bit after your 1st service. Do keep updating.

Topping up at Shell is getting is getting more expensive I have also now returned to PSU pumps

Any updates on the USB part for Exi ?

Get a checkup for that Squeaking sound ...you will have a taste of Ford service also. Update us about the service experience.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@captain : wait till first service & if you wash your car regularly then stop doing that, rather wipe your car.
Thanks Mustang,
When I said for I didn't mean complain to ford I meant ford service.

So far I have never water washed. I usually wipe with a wet cloth once in 2-3 days.
Why is it that you shouldn't wash your car regularly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Thanks Captain for the petrol FE figures, they seems to be Ok as Bangalore city traffic & roads are horrible. I think it will improve a bit after your 1st service. Do keep updating.

Topping up at Shell is getting is getting more expensive I have also now returned to PSU pumps

Any updates on the USB part for Exi ?

Get a checkup for that Squeaking sound ...you will have a taste of Ford service also. Update us about the service experience.
Thank you tj123,
Yes I feel the same too. 11 is all that I was expecting when I bought the car. If you buy the petrol version expecting more then all you are going to get is heartache
Nothing about the USB for now. But I think we should be able to fix it on the Exi model too.
I will surely post an update on everything soon
Old 12th April 2010, 12:07   #86
BHPian

how much did you spend for your tinting, i checked the 3m dealer quoted 4500 for windows and rear Re35, and 3500 for front windscreen Re70
Old 12th April 2010, 12:28   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Mustang,
When I said for I didn't mean complain to ford I meant ford service.

So far I have never water washed. I usually wipe with a wet cloth once in 2-3 days.
Why is it that you shouldn't wash your car regularly?

Washing causes many parts of the vehicle to rust if done regularly, Examples are brake discs, Other parts where water accumulates & washing the engine bay is a very strict NO-NO.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:08   #88
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Washing causes many parts of the vehicle to rust if done regularly, Examples are brake discs, Other parts where water accumulates & washing the engine bay is a very strict NO-NO.
But in the water washing stations, they open the bonnet and wash the engine with soap water and rinse using a water hose pipe. They dry using the air tube and spray diesel or kerosene. Is this OK or not to be allowed.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:11   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
But in the water washing stations, they open the bonnet and wash the engine with soap water and rinse using a water hose pipe. They dry using the air tube and spray diesel or kerosene. Is this OK or not to be allowed.
Those guys are trained professionals, they know where to put the water & where not to put the water. So once in a while washing from the authorized service centre is advisable
Old 12th April 2010, 16:52   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those guys are trained professionals, they know where to put the water & where not to put the water. So once in a while washing from the authorized service centre is advisable
I feel those exposed copper wires on the alternator might pose a problem when it goes for water service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks