Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Update!

There was 2 Red Figos there today.
I got news that revvy was at the showroom and is quite happy with his red hot figo!
It was parked near the entrance to the showroom he was last seen clicking pictures
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Update!

There was 2 Red Figos there today.
I got news that revvy was at the showroom and is quite happy with his red hot figo!
It was parked near the entrance to the showroom he was last seen clicking pictures
Well, I am not at all happy . You know what, my delivery is not happening today...They could not get it registered. I reached dealer on the dot at 3 PM and met the sales guy. No smile when I greeted him and immediately knew that something was wrong. After couple of minutes he came to my table and broke the bad news. He says no registration happened today as some issues of "magistrate approval" for the 1% road tax hike at RTO. Sounds funny..In between they mumbled something like shortage of staff at RTO due to election duty which is possible. To cut a long story short, I can't take my baby home. So again did more checking of things but I was not very enthusiastic. They even offered a drive if I want, but I was not in the mood. So it's Monday...Well, I am going to take a break from thinking about Figo...Have couple of beers and enjoy the IPL matches tonight and relax. May even want to stay away from T-BHP till Monday. Got loads of office work to finish, want to divert mind to that. Then go to office on Monday as usual in my ever reliable "Yellow Car" and focus on work. If and when I get a call from with all clear signal, say "Oh yeah, nice to hear that, I will come down soon".

Captain - I had hunch that it was your black donkey parked there at Lathangi ! The number seemed familiar and even the markings of pooja looked like in your snaps ! I guess you were the one who was looking at the car and talking about chrome plating on the front grill. Now stand up and confess !

So you have already switched to Lathangi after the scissors gift from Metro ?
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
More about the reasons I finalized on Figo coming in other posts. FYI, I booked it after seeing it and verifying the space etc, no TD done at that time. ( 6 March ). Why I was so confident, you can guess it ! A review by GTO was enough for me to make my choice and book the car early, though I did a TD few days later to confirm my choice. ( Again T-BHP advice - no matter what others say, don't buy a car without doing own TD )

Hi Revy,

That's a nice write up!

Its a pity that your wait for Figo has been so agonising though you dared to book one even without a test drive. Now that you are just few more days away from your red beauty, I am sure that it shall be a pleasurable ownership experience which shall make you forget the initial hicups you have had so far.

Cheers
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Bad. Very Bad. Maybe its for good. Maybe Saturday was not a good day for metal.
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Bad. Very Bad. Maybe its for good. Maybe Saturday was not a good day for metal.
Yes, I think along that way now..It is just a matter of 2 more days and the car is safely parked at dealers place with every formality done including insurance. I could see the disappointed faces of sales people, they too won't like to give this kind of news at last minute. But govt places like RTO are always unpredictable. I always had my doubts on getting the registration done on a Saturday which is half working day for RTO. And after a holiday on Friday and people deputed for election duties (BBMP election was last week and counting is on Monday), things may not move as usual. Took few more pics of the baby today as it was brought in front of the showroom. Will be posting them soon.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:16   #21
BHPian

Few more pics that I took during my second round of PDI today. How many of you get to do 2 rounds of PDI and even an offer to drive your car before delivery ? Well, the dealers were somehow trying to make me smile after the huge disappointment today.
Attached Thumbnails
Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00759.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00760.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00761.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00762.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00763.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00764.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00765.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00766.jpg  

Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00767.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2010, 23:09   #22
BHPian

Hi Revy, congratulations.
Personally, I don't like the design of the figo's head light, I guess head light assembly looks more attractive in the below photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Summer nightdreams - My red hot Figo TDCi Titanium-dsc00760.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2010, 23:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

whoa...it's raining Figos on this forum! First it was the Linea and Punto that flooded the forum and now it's this Ford!
Looks good in this fiery red colour. Congrats! Good to see you've chosen the black dash over the red one. Any plans for alloy wheels?
Drive safe.
Old 4th April 2010, 08:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice colour and a good choice.

Its is really raining Figo's. Alloy wheels would look really good ! I like the music system.
Old 4th April 2010, 10:06   #25
BHPian

Excellent choice of color. Looks too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Its is really raining Figo's. Alloy wheels would look really good ! I like the music system.
+1 for both alloys & integrated music system.

Prem.
Old 4th April 2010, 10:47   #26
BANNED

Revy, Red looks really hot man, thanks for the pics. Hope your car will be delivered on Monday.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Revy, Thank you for the pictures. More than anything else, I like your attitude when things do not go according to plan. I loved the story behind the car, and it was so well written that I visualized you and your family in a yellow Alto.

These stories make teambhp special.

By the way, did I say that the car looks fantastic?
Old 4th April 2010, 11:25   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely colour!! Dark black tints and full black alloys with red outer ring, fog lamps etc pls?
Old 4th April 2010, 12:47   #29
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your wishes ! I hope my wait ends on Monday.

@the ragingbull - For exterior color red, the only option is black dash. Anyway that was my choice too.

@vkochar - Alloy wheels would look great, not in my budget right now. Already stretched my budget to get the ABS and airbag features in Titanium. The music system in Figo is really good when you compare with what other manufactures gives in this class. Tried the Bluetooth as well and the voice clarity is good.

@Amartya - Thanks for the compliments ! A write up on the background of the buying decision and the person is always good, I believe. I have always enjoyed such write ups on T-BHP and thought I should do the same ! By the way, the yellow Alto, or "Yellow Car" as fondly called by my son, is soon going to change hands..There is a special emotional attachment to the first car and even my wife shares the same. ( though she is not at all a car enthusiast by any standards ! ). But limited parking space at my residence and economic considerations force me to part with the cute yellow car which is still in very good shape.

@kiku007 - fog lamps are already ordered, initially dealers told they have in stock. But yesterday they say that lamps will come by Monday only. Hope I will get it along with delivery, else I will fix them as soon they have stock. Dark tints are planned, wanted to do it outside after doing proper research. Alloys are in my wish list, but due to the budget constraints, it will remain as a wish for now :-(

I noticed one thing with remote locking available in Titanium variant. There is no "quack" sound to indicate locking/unlocking, it is just the lights. The sound is always useful, especially when you get out of car and lock it. It gives a sense of surety that the car is locked indeed.

Last edited by Revy : 4th April 2010 at 12:50.
Old 4th April 2010, 12:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Oh man Revvy the wait must be killing you! But you should have taken it for a TD just to get a feel of it.
The black Dash goes really with the red color. Good you didn't opt for the coral dash.
Check out the Pic no4 ! That black donkey there
I was there for fog lamps and sun control. They didn't have the Fog lamps and the person for sun control wasn't around. Looks like I will have to go again on Monday. Thats when you getting your car right? This time I will come with a cam to take come pictures of your car.

Oh and don't forget to ask them for the free scissors! Maybe Lathangi also gives them?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 4th April 2010 at 13:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks