Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 12:59   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post

I noticed one thing with remote locking available in Titanium variant. There is no "quack" sound to indicate locking/unlocking, it is just the lights. The sound is always useful, especially when you get out of car and lock it. It gives a sense of surety that the car is locked indeed.

The quack sound is not there in any of the ford cars with keyless entry.
Old 4th April 2010, 13:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Oh man Revvy the wait must be killing you! But you should have taken it for a TD just to get a feel of it.
The black Dash goes really with the red color. Good you didn't opt for the coral dash.
Check out the Pic no4 ! That black donkey there
I was there for fog lamps and sun control. They didn't have the Fog lamps and the person for sun control wasn't around. Looks like I will have to go again on Monday. Thats when you getting your car right? This time I will come with a cam to take come pictures of your car.
Captain, after yesterdays disappointment, I feel a little more relaxed now ! As per plan, managed to do a lot of boring office work this morning and that really makes me feel good. In fact I wanted to stay away from T-BHP for today, but how long can we do that ??!! I hope to get it tomorrow by 3 PM, anyway I am not going to be anxious about it. Will go to dealer only after I get a call from confirming that registration is done. Yes, fog lamps should be available by tomorrow. You want to do the sun film at showroom ? I am planning outside. Lathangi offered 2400 for 3M but the specific one (RE30/50/60) would cost about 4000 as per them. So I thought I will check options outside and do it. Hope to catch you there at the showroom tomorrow !
Old 5th April 2010, 11:06   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:25   #34
BHPian

Finally, I got my car delivered yesterday evening ! I was not very confident of registration happening, especially after that call and “request” from the dealers GM to give up my allotment to please somebody else. I got a call around 4 PM from the dealers with good news that registration happened and I can take the car by 6 PM. Reached there by 5:30 PM and finished all formalities. Car was kept ready, it was in good condition both inside and outside. Did not need a very detailed inspection, as I had done it twice already. Yet, did one more round of important checks. The sales people explained various features of the car and demonstrated the Bluetooth facility.

At 6:40 PM, I drove out. It was the worst time to enjoy driving with peak time traffic and the route I had to take, is one of the most crowded in Bangalore ! Yet, I enjoyed my drive. Most difficult was to get used to the turn indicators, but I didn’t do any “viper testing” so far !

Things I liked very much

Handling – this car indeed is a driver’s delight ! The steering is very precise and gives excellent feedback. Taking U-turns in city traffic is not at all difficult. Overall, there is a “big car” feeling which I did not get while driving competitors like Ritz, Beat etc. Clutch is very easy and gear shifting is precise.

Ride quality – To me, the ride quality felt very good compared t other cars in this class. Almost as good as Punto. While driving alone, found the suspension to be on a bit stiffer side. But with a load of 3 adults and 2 kids, it was much better. This short drive with load was done at night with my sister in law and husband. They were mightily impressed with the car, especially the space inside and ride comfort. They felt like should have waited few months for this car, as they bought an i10 about 6 months back.

Stereo – It is very good ! My old car has Sony Explode with Pioneer speakers and the Figo stereo is as good or even better than that. The controls of the stereo doesn’t look very high end, but easy to operate.

Performance – Being new to Diesel driving, I am yet learning to optimally use the power bands. The tip about upshifting to 2nd gear above RPM range of 1500 really works ! If I upshift below that, there is a feel of sluggishness. Third gear is a real delight and can you can zoom ahead on the road. Waiting for the run in period to be over so that I can get a feel of the top end performance.

Seating position – This is excellent with very good visibility. The large glass areas gives you an overall good visibility. ( I think I should spend some extra money to get good sun films to cover those large glass areas !)

A/C – A lot has already been told about this. Since I was driving in the evening/night, even the position of 1 was more than enough. Need to try it in the day time under scorching heat, I am sure it won’t disappoint me.

Things that need improvement

Seat comfort – the lack of enough lower back support on front seats – this was already pointed out by GTO in his review. Within 30 minutes of driving, I could feel that ! May the stiffness of new seat added to that effect. I will surely need some extra cushioning for lower back support. But people on rear seat didn’t feel much of an issue, though the lack of head rest in rear is a disappointment for a top end variant.

Footwell – I felt this a little bit cramped. May be over time, I will get used to it.

Horn – Very tight ! I understand that it will be like that for cars with airbag. May be it will improve over time and usage. As per T-BHP suggestion, I am trying to use the edges, but even that is very tight.

These are the immediate things and the first impression. I have driven this car only for about 20 km as of now, waiting for the weekend to come. Registration number will be allotted today, I hope to take the baby to office from tomorrow. I had opted for fog lamps, but they still have not received them. Hope they will have it in stock by tomorrow so that I can fix them when I go to get number plates.

PS : My friend and neighbor who is a car enthusiast, had a look this morning and he was pretty impressed. His first comment was about the front grill – if it was done in Chrome, the car would have a killer look ! He was skeptical about the protection for radiator and condenser, felt that even a small bum can damage them.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:08   #35
BHPian

congratulations on the red beauty, i would get her on Thursday All the best and drive safe.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:45   #36
BHPian

Congrats Revy! Figo looks best in Red!

Last edited by joethomasv : 6th April 2010 at 15:48.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Revy! Maybe I missed an earlier post of yours but how did you make the final payment? Did you withdraw cash, or use debit cards, DD, online transfer? I suppose your team won't be so smug any more now that the car is here.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats Revy! Maybe I missed an earlier post of yours but how did you make the final payment? Did you withdraw cash, or use debit cards, DD, online transfer? I suppose your team won't be so smug any more now that the car is here.
Thanks everyone for the wishes !

Gilead - your prophesies of me making headlines didn't materialize, sorry to disappoint you . I did RTGS for the remaining payment and everything went smooth. Some 11 K was outstanding and I paid it with debit card when taking delivery. The extra road tax came about 5.8 K, I still feel angry about paying that. But at least, the VAT increase was avoided as the dealers managed it. I guess it affects only those cars which gets billed on or after 1 Apr. In my case, billing happened on 30 March.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Reading your post i just got a doubt. Maybe OT but still.

What happens to the horn when the air bags inflate. Isnt there a possibility of the horn pads hitting our face?
Old 6th April 2010, 17:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

What happens to the horn when the air bags inflate. Isnt there a possibility of the horn pads hitting our face?
If the choice comes to getting hit by the horn pad or the steering, I'll pick the horn pad anyday!
I don't think the horn pads comes off the steering when the airbag inflates. It just splits open to let the airbag out ( I hope) .
Old 6th April 2010, 17:52   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

It falls hits your legs. I cant tell you exactly how it happens but i will try. *Imagine* it this way that the horn pad is hinged at the bottom of it near the middle spoke & when the air bags deploy, they push the horn pad towards your legs

Source - Numerous crash tests seen by me,

It happens in split seconds & can only be seen on tape.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new baby. According to me red is the best colour for Figo followed by white. In all other colour car looks dated. What I like about Figo is low stance and sedan type front. As other bhpians suggested get dark tint, black alloy wheels and TBHP stickers!!
Old 6th April 2010, 18:09   #43
BHPian

Congrats !!! Pictures, pretty please.

EDIT : Just saw the pictures.

Last edited by Brix : 6th April 2010 at 18:18.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats on your new baby. According to me red is the best colour for Figo followed by white. In all other colour car looks dated. What I like about Figo is low stance and sedan type front. As other bhpians suggested get dark tint, black alloy wheels and TBHP stickers!!
Thanks Latheesh for the wishes ! Yes, the stance of Figo is very good. At my residence, I park the car perpendicular to a 4 year old Fiesta. Yesterday the Fiesta owner saw my car and he liked it very much. After seeing the interiors, he felt that it is better than his Fiesta. The car looks great from 3/4 angle as well. Rear look may not be great, but not bad at all. Dated look is only from the 90 degree perpendicular angle. I am fine with it !

Tints are coming soon, alloys in "wish list"..TBHP stickers are already ordered.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats revvy!!
Where are the much needed pictrues?
I totally agree when you say that the Footwell feels a bit cramped. I felt the same.

Revvy I got some Tints! I paid about 2k for it. Garware. Or they claim it is!
It was done at metro ford itself.
I wanted to go to lathangi again but its really far off for me.
I would suggest you get the 3m's from lathangi. Last time I was there I saw the box and its the original good stuff. 2.4k for that seems good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks