Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 23:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Revy! The red Figo looks very good. I totally agree with you about the handling and steering.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hey Revy Congrats on your latest buy buddy.

Guess Run in should wizz by for you and once it does please post some performance stats for the Red Beauty!! As well, you have any after market mods planned ?
Old 7th April 2010, 09:19   #48
BHPian

Congrats man revy. The red shine on the car looks stunning...there will be lot of eyeballs falling on it along the road. One question to you, you said you have driven alto before, so how is the rear visibility when you are reversing in comparison to alto, is it claustrophobic or better than punto or ritz.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:28   #49
BHPian

Congrats Revy for the fiery red Figo, the car looks absolutely hot, pep it up with good footwear and she will look more hot!
Old 7th April 2010, 14:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Revvy forgot to ask you. Did you end up paying anything more thanks to the tax hike?
Old 7th April 2010, 16:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey Revy.
After GTO closed your thread i checked your thread a couple of time on monday to see if you got your baby on monday or not , but it the thread was still closed so understood that it might not have worked out .
Anyways CONGRATS on finally getting your baby .
Upload some more pics of you RED baby.

Cheers
Old 8th April 2010, 12:17   #52
BHPian

Folks, thanx for all your wishes ! Apologies for not being able to post much for last 2 days, it had been hectic work days. Also, had to finish the deal of selling my cute yellow car. I really felt sad when it was taken away, it was like a family member for 5+ years...

Some updates on the driving experience of the red hot babe so far - Planning to visit dealer today to fix plates as well address the following issues.

1. Door light is on despite closing all doors..need to check this out.
2. Remote boot opening is not functioning.
3. Bonnet opening also not happening, I guess the ribbon they put while delivering, has got stuck somewhere.

Hope all these will get fixed by dealer today itself. Driving is quite delightful ! I am getting used to the power bands now. Clutch riding is to be avoided during run-in period, but I find it impossible in the start stop traffic in Bangalore. Stereo is wonderful, I am yet to buy my new phone with bluetooth feature. ( Yes, I still use a 4 year old Nokia which has no bluetooth :-)

The headrest is feeling very stiff, not to my liking. Adjusting the seat positions, yet to get that most comfortable position. I am 5'10 and when I keep the seat in highest position, head room is pretty less. It is very evident when I try to flip the sun visor down, it almost touches my head ! But with the lowered position, it is better. In terms of visibility, I don't find much difference with low or high position ! But in high position, the lower back support is worse and I feel uncomfortable.

I promise to come back with lots of information and pics, waiting for the weekend. Need to get sun films quickly, the large glass areas really make the A?C work more in this climate.

@Captain - I paid about 5.8 K extra for road tax than what was shown earlier in the rate card. But managed to escape the VAT hike, I paid the original Ex-Show room price of 5,29,900 only For TDCi Titanium.

Last edited by Revy : 8th April 2010 at 12:22.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya_Ramesh View Post
Congrats man revy. The red shine on the car looks stunning...there will be lot of eyeballs falling on it along the road. One question to you, you said you have driven alto before, so how is the rear visibility when you are reversing in comparison to alto, is it claustrophobic or better than punto or ritz.
Soumya, I find the rear visibility pretty good. Better than Ritz by all means, can't say about Punto as I had a very short TD of that car. Reversing is not at all a problem. I am still getting familiar with the size of the car, so a comparison with Alto won't be fair at this time. But ease of handling, is leagues ahead !
Old 8th April 2010, 13:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post

3. Bonnet opening also not happening, I guess the ribbon they put while delivering, has got stuck somewhere.
I'll solve two of your problems
1. Door light will go off after a few seconds. I think 30. Its a timer.
2. You need to press the button twice in close succession on the remote. Its a safety feature to avoid opening the boot accidentally.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya_Ramesh View Post
Soumya, I find the rear visibility pretty good. Better than Ritz by all means, can't say about Punto as I had a very short TD of that car. Reversing is not at all a problem. I am still getting familiar with the size of the car, so a comparison with Alto won't be fair at this time. But ease of handling, is leagues ahead !

@gemi - thanks a ton for those 2 "resolutions" ! My mistake, haven't read the manual yet, hectic work schedule this week.

Last edited by Revy : 8th April 2010 at 14:08.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:17   #56
BHPian

@Revy OCD I suppose?
Not that the Figo's is bad but I think rear visibility is a tad better in the Alto.

Last edited by joethomasv : 8th April 2010 at 15:19.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

ah congrats revvy!

I Guess we can fix most of your issues.

Did you check the light setting? There is an option where you can set it to always on or it ons only when the doors are open.

gemithomas
already posted!

you need to pull this lever a bit and you should hear a loud thud sound

Take some time away from work go for a long weekend and get to know your baby

Did you find your clutch a bit hard?
and one more thing could you turn your steering completely to one side and see if you get any sound or hissing sounds?
Old 8th April 2010, 16:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

CaptainSlow, the hissing sound is typical of HPS. It should only be barely audible though. The hissing sound comes when you hold it in a full lock turn.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
CaptainSlow, the hissing sound is typical of HPS. It should only be barely audible though. The hissing sound comes when you hold it in a full lock turn.
Thanks gilead! I got a bit worried. And sometimes when I hear the sound it still worries me,
I'm not used to this. Maruti's come with EPS which doesn't make any sounds.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hey Revy, which part of "Namma Bangalore" are you from buddy ? Guess you should be in and around Palace grounds since Metro ford is pretty close by.

Hw abt we catch up somtime since I am from the same part of town and would be glad meeting a fellow Bhpian with the Red Beauty

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks