Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 19:33   #61
BHPian

Visited Lathangi this evening and got my plates fixed. The "third issue" of bonnet opening, turned out to be another non issue ! Apparently, I was not pulling it strong enough :-)... I guess I was too careful about not doing any harm to red hot baby ! I hate keeping the plastic covers on seat and removed it today. 4 days of "new car celebration" is enough I guess. Liked the seats very much, it matches well with the bright red exterior.

They still have not received fog lamps. Even mud flaps have gone out of stock, today they are delivering Figo's without them ! I wanted the RE series sun films from 3M, but they don't have it in stock. So most likely I will do it from some place outside. Today I saw the Chill color for first time. It was a petrol model, waiting for delivery. Not Titanium. Looks ok and as we see this color on other Ford cars, it was like what I imagined. The crowd inflow for booking is still there even on a working day, so Figo 's first month show is not just a flash in the pan.

@ Captain : I find the clutch easy, may be the effect of driving a 5 year old Alto ! Regarding the steering, I need to try and see what you observed. Really wish I could make a weekend drive out of the mad city traffic. In laws have landed and what better time to take them for a trip !

@Vik - I am from Sarjapur Road area and current work place on Bannerghatta road. Lathangi is around 4 km from office, that's the reason I chose them. I think we should plan a T-BHP Figoians meet in Bangalore soon ! A pack of red and white Figo's zooming past, will be a sight to behold ! Of course, other colors too can join :-)

Last edited by Revy : 8th April 2010 at 19:36.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you get the sunfilms done from the showroom itself. I would feel a lot safer in their hands.
haha! I posted about it! I had a feeling that you weren't pulling it hard enough
We should surely have a Figoians meet in Bangalore! how many figos do we have here?
Me, you, ScanD. Thats all I can think of for now. I guess others who want to see the Figos can also join for a nominal fee!
Where are the much awaited picks Mr donkey?
Old 9th April 2010, 18:43   #63
BHPian

Not much update for the day, all I could manage was the regular 13 KM drive to office in the morning. But I feel a lot more relaxed with this car, enjoying the a/c and music. That free chugging at 22 kmph without accelerator on third gear, is very useful certain situations when traffic slow and steady. But that comfort lasts only till you have to break which happens too soon :-(

Sun films, I plan to do it during weekend. Called up Sachins auto shop in Koramangala 7th block, they quoted 3200 for 3M RE35 for all windows and rear glass. Dealer quoted 4000 for the same and they don't have it in stock right now, so most likely I would go for Sachins. Will look for a good leather steering cover as well, though he told he is yet to get any Figo specific ones. Is the steering wheel same as in Fiesta ?
Old 9th April 2010, 19:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I would suggest you get the sunfilms done from the showroom itself. I would feel a lot safer in their hands.
haha! I posted about it! I had a feeling that you weren't pulling it hard enough
We should surely have a Figoians meet in Bangalore! how many figos do we have here?
Me, you, ScanD. Thats all I can think of for now. I guess others who want to see the Figos can also join for a nominal fee!
Where are the much awaited picks Mr donkey?
Captain, I would have done it from the dealer if they had the specific type that I wanted. No point in waiting till they get it, can't wait anymore to get the films. The Bangalore sun is so unkind these days though the Figo a/c is more than enough to beat it ! during my morning drives when the Sun is not really blazing ( 9 - 10 AM), even the position 1 is cool enough ! Only between 11 - 3 PM, we would even need to put it in 2. ie., when driving alone. With 3/4 people in car, position 2 would be needed.

Hey, did you remove the plastic covers yet ? Or you are among those people who wants to keep it even after a month, till it tears off ?
Old 9th April 2010, 21:55   #65
BANNED

I got a call from Ford sales person as I was interested to buy one, after I asked him that I want Figo ZXI at down payment in white color with immidiate delivery, he never called me back after saying he is going to check if there is one available.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Hey, did you remove the plastic covers yet ? Or you are among those people who wants to keep it even after a month, till it tears off ?
no ways! 12 hours! Just 12 hours the plastic stayed on my car. 9.30PM to 9.30AM the next day. I hate the sound the plastic makes and I didn't want to drive around looking like one of those kind of people who keeps them for ages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I got a call from Ford sales person as I was interested to buy one, after I asked him that I want Figo ZXI at down payment in white color with immidiate delivery, he never called me back after saying he is going to check if there is one available.
Michel Jackson!
You need to push them for the figo. They are getting a huge response.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:51   #67
BANNED

o'h no i really missed your thread. Anyway congrats revy.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:08   #68
BHPian

Saturday was a busy day. Managed to get the sun films done at Sachins Autoshop, Koramangala. Had shopping plans at Forum mall with family, so left the car at Sachins for the work. They finished in 90 minutes as promised, very professional people ! I opted for 3M sunfilms (RE35) for all 4 windows and rear window and it came to Rs. 3200. Added a genuine leather steering cover (black which matches with dash color) for Rs. 500. After the tints are done, the red baby looks even hotter ! I was drooling at the alloys displayed there, especially the black ones with red lips ! I will post some snaps taken after tints were done. Oh yes, T-BHP stickers are already pasted !

Today was the first real outing for the baby, went to Emerald Isle resort near Hoskote. The ride is so comfortable and I was so tempted to rev it up...But somehow managed to stay without crossing 2.5 K RPM. Gradually I plan to unleash the horses ! Oh yes, I got my first scratch as well, luckily it is very minor only. may be it is good to ward off evil eyes ! On the left external mirror, a cyclewala kindly rubbed his handle. The left mirror is most vulnerable I know, sooner or later, some two wheeler guys will do the needful :-(

If I get time, I will post some snaps with more updates on the drive experience.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:52   #69
BHPian

Crossed the 250 KM mark today ! The mileage figures are consistently showing around 16 so far. I was hoping to see some improvement after the 80 km highway driving yesterday, but no significant change. Happy for most part of it, the only irritating thing is the need to shift down to 1st gear after speed breaks. Usually, I take bumps on 2nd gear and manage to move in second gear itself with some clutch riding. Now I am trying to avoid clutch riding and only way is to downshift to 1st gear. With the number of bumps in Bangalore, this is a pain indeed.

Also, I have a problem in switching on again at traffic signals after I stop engine. It sometimes takes 3-4 tries, I don't know if I am doing something incorrect. For that reason, I tend not to turn off engine at signals now :-)

Captain had reported some sound while going over bumps. I have a similar experience. When I go over small bumps at speeds of 30 - 40, sometimes a "thud" sound is heard. It is not the bottom scrapping sound, something different. Any other Figo owners have observed this ?

Regarding the build quality, I find the gap between rear glass and tail lamp too much on one side. It is almost the double on the left side, I will post pictures of comparison later.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:09   #70
BANNED

Quote:

Also, I have a problem in switching on again at traffic signals after I stop engine. It sometimes takes 3-4 tries, I don't know if I am doing something incorrect. For that reason, I tend not to turn off engine at signals now :-)

Captain had reported some sound while going over bumps. I have a similar experience. When I go over small bumps at speeds of 30 - 40, sometimes a "thud" sound is heard. It is not the bottom scrapping sound, something different. Any other Figo owners have observed this ?

Regarding the build quality, I find the gap between rear glass and tail lamp too much on one side. It is almost the double on the left side, I will post pictures of comparison later.
Answer to your engine on/off problem :To solve this! When you switch off the engine, Turn the key back on to the position where the the warning lights illuminate, Then wait till whatever time your signal goes green & then fire the engine up! 100% it will work.

Earlier you were experiencing the problem as you would just switch off the engine & when the signal went green you would quickly turn the key, therby not allowing your glow plugs to get sufficiently warm & hence the problem.

Now for the sound from the suspension : Ford suspensions are usually on the stiffer side & when you cross bumps at a medium speeds, a deep 'thump' sound comes <---- cant explain the sound any better.

This is normal & will usually disappear as your suspension gets a little softer due to wear & tear after a few months. So you need not worry. Please distribute the answers to other figo owners too.

This sound is very similar to the one in the fusion.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aha, is this noise coming from the steering column on bad roads when the steering is half turned? If so, then it's a known Ford issue and present in the Fiesta as well.

If the sound is coming from the suspension, then it could be normal as most Fords have a stiffer suspension.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Answer to your engine on/off problem :To solve this! When you switch off the engine, Turn the key back on to the position where the the warning lights illuminate, Then wait till whatever time your signal goes green & then fire the engine up! 100% it will work.

Earlier you were experiencing the problem as you would just switch off the engine & when the signal went green you would quickly turn the key, therby not allowing your glow plugs to get sufficiently warm & hence the problem.

Now for the sound from the suspension : Ford suspensions are usually on the stiffer side & when you cross bumps at a medium speeds, a deep 'thump' sound comes <---- cant explain the sound any better.

This is normal & will usually disappear as your suspension gets a little softer due to wear & tear after a few months. So you need not worry. Please distribute the answers to other figo owners too.

This sound is very similar to the one in the fusion.
Mustang - thanks a lot for your quick response ! I guess you exactly knew what was going wrong ! I am so used to the Alto that I was driving for 5 years and trying to do the same way. Will adopt the method that you suggested and report back. ( Even if it causes some honks and shouts from people behind me ;-). I really want to save fuel at those long signals. @ Gilead - No, so far I never observed any sound with half turned steering on bad roads. In fact, haven't ventured to the really bad roads yet. So I think I will have to accept the "thump" sound as normal and hope that it goes off after some time as suggested by Mustang.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:05   #73
BANNED

Quote:
. ( Even if it causes some honks and shouts from people behind me ;-). .

why would people honk at you? your start would be almost at the same time as their.

What you have to follow is ( I will repeat once more ):

1) Brake & stop at the red light
2)Turn your key off, wait 5 secs, turn your key to the position before which the engine actually starts
3) you will notice red & orange warning lamps switch on, Orange lamps will then switch off while red continue to be on.
4) Continue waiting till the traffic light becomes green
5) As soon as you see the signal is green, just one tilt of the key will start your engine & you zoom ahead.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 12th April 2010 at 17:07.
Old 12th April 2010, 19:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear about the cycle guy kissing your car

ah same happened to me at the start. I learned it and got used to it in 2 days. When the car stalls you need to bring the keys to off position and then start the car. This can take 2-3 secs and the person behind starts honking like the word is going to end
Unlike our maruti cars which you can just crank up to start.
Yup the suspension is on the harder side, I found it to be too hard sometimes.

Gilead
Not on bad roads but even when on proper roads or even when the car is at a stand still. When you turn the steering fully in any direction you get a hissing sound.
I was told that this is normal.
Old 13th April 2010, 17:22   #75
BHPian

I have started slowly unleashing the horses ! On 5th gear, reaching 90+ is pretty easy at around 2.5K RPM. Haven't tried beyond that. Just to have a better drive experience, I take a different route which allows me to enjoy stretches of good road below the elevated highway on eCity road. Though it is 2 km more than my regular route, I save time ( and fuel too) by avoiding the crawl through regular route which has 3 fly over constructions.

Mustang - Started practicing what you suggested for turning engine on/off and it works perfectly fine ! Now I know what I was doing wrong..In my hurry to get started, I take the key to completely back position and try to crank in one go, without caring about glow indicators..Now I am doing it nicely as I am aware of it. But still, if the engine turn off inadvertently when I try clutch riding on 2nd gear in crawling traffic, I still try to start in a hurry :-) But that does not happen too often. Up shifting at 2K or above is fine, I am trying that now. Especially from 1-2 and 2-3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks