Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2010, 15:26   #91
BHPian

Revy, thanks for the pic. I think you can pull the switch only after the park light is on.
The DTE is a pessimist. DTE + Trip calculation gave me 16.5 kmpl but actual was almost 18.

Last edited by joethomasv : 17th April 2010 at 15:29.
Old 18th April 2010, 16:29   #92
Senior - BHPian

Revy, is it possible to fit the USB cable on to the Exi version , please confirm?
Old 18th April 2010, 20:41   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Revy, thanks for the pic. I think you can pull the switch only after the park light is on.
The DTE is a pessimist. DTE + Trip calculation gave me 16.5 kmpl but actual was almost 18.
i have completed 1000+ on my figo tdci, here is my observation on FE

All calculations based on full tank to full tank auto-cut-off, normal diesel in trusted diesel pump station.

1. on 100% highway 100% ac on - 17.7 kmpl
2. 50% highway + 50%city with 100% ac on - 12 kmpl

i am not sure if TDCi FE will increase after 1st service, still waiting from ex-fiesta fusion owners for feedback.

comparing city FE might be difficult as the conditions will be different for different users. So highway FE might be a good thing to compare to see if one particular car has FE issue
Old 18th April 2010, 21:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
i have completed 1000+ on my figo tdci, here is my observation on FE

All calculations based on full tank to full tank auto-cut-off, normal diesel in trusted diesel pump station.

1. on 100% highway 100% ac on - 17.7 kmpl
2. 50% highway + 50%city with 100% ac on - 12 kmpl

i am not sure if TDCi FE will increase after 1st service, still waiting from ex-fiesta fusion owners for feedback.

comparing city FE might be difficult as the conditions will be different for different users. So highway FE might be a good thing to compare to see if one particular car has FE issue
12 Kmpl in 50% Highway & city condition seems to be a bit on the lower side. You bring this to the notice of the service guys, I think it should give at least 15-16 kmpl, personnel driving style is also critical factor while computing FE.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:14   #95
BHPian

DTE is highly unreliable in city conditions.it drops alarmingly in stop and go conditions!
Old 19th April 2010, 14:53   #96
BHPian

tj123 - USB option is for all trims I thought..Only the Bluetooth is limited to Zxi/Titanium.

I tested the fog lamps, they are good. To feel the real difference, I will have to wait for a really foggy/rainy driving condition !

If the DTE figures are on pessimistic basis, I am happy. Anyway, I will can do my own calculation when I do the next tankful.

The only issue with driving this baby which I am still learning to manage - is the way to go over those numerous speed breakers in Bangalore. Being a petrol driver for last 5+ years, I always use 2nd gear and some clutch riding to go over bumps. In Figo TDCi, that pick up after bump is really sluggish till the RPM crosses 1.3 - 1.5. In fact, I find it more sluggish than my old Alto ! May be I not a good Diesel driver yet. Now it is improving, after the breaking and going over bump, I ensure to keep the revs a little higher while releasing clutch. Hope this is not harmful to the engine during this run in period. I crossed 500 KM today. Eagerly looking for the road trip to Ootty in first week of May

I have done sun films for side and rear windows only. ( 3M RE35). Looks like it is better to do for the front windows as well, the glass area is substantial and in this hot summer, lot of heat is getting inside.

Last edited by Revy : 19th April 2010 at 14:54.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:03   #97
BHPian

Hey Its a great car, which is getting more familiar to Indian markets within a short period. We are eagerly looking for more reviews/details and ownerships reports.
Old 19th April 2010, 22:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
tj123 - USB option is for all trims I thought..Only the Bluetooth is limited to Zxi/Titanium.

I have done sun films for side and rear windows only. ( 3M RE35). Looks like it is better to do for the front windows as well, the glass area is substantial and in this hot summer, lot of heat is getting inside.
Thanks Revy, another one how much you paid for 3M RE35 & where you got it fixed from , is it from the dealer ?
Old 20th April 2010, 08:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
12 Kmpl in 50% Highway & city condition seems to be a bit on the lower side. You bring this to the notice of the service guys, I think it should give at least 15-16 kmpl, personnel driving style is also critical factor while computing FE.

tj123,

i will take a couple of readings before raising any concerns with the service folks. i will do another long drive in the next 2 weeks. i am a sedate driver and the roads are flat, so i expect a FE of 18-20 kmpl with ac on this highway drive, if this does not return 18-20 kmpl, then there is a reason for me to be concerned
i hope after the first service i will get atleast 15 kmpl in city, thats what the dealers told me and i saw in a lot of posts, let me wait and watch.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:54   #100
BHPian

Quote:
The only issue with driving this baby which I am still learning to manage - is the way to go over those numerous speed breakers in Bangalore. Being a petrol driver for last 5+ years, I always use 2nd gear and some clutch riding to go over bumps.

Now it is improving, after the breaking and going over bump, I ensure to keep the revs a little higher while releasing clutch. Hope this is not harmful to the engine during this run in period.
If your rpms are falling below 1500 when you are braking and going over the bump, revving the engine higher while releasing the clutch may not be a good idea. Downshift to 1st rather than trying to go ahead with the 2nd gear.
Old 20th April 2010, 13:48   #101
BHPian

tj123 - I did the sun films outside as the dealer was not having RE 35 in stock. Dealer quoted 4000 for this, but I did it for 3200 from Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala. I got good reference of this place from T-BHP itself, their work is good and very professional. Now planning to do for the front glass as well. They quoted 6500 for the 3M crystalline. VCOOL will cost more, about 8K I guess.

choudharysan - Thanks for the driving tip ! I guess it is good to downshift to 1st gear, though I hate that !
Old 20th April 2010, 16:08   #102
BHPian

Regarding the reliability of DTE figures to calculate FE, I think the opinion by some members is very true - it is very pessimistic and not to be taken seriously for calculation ! I had an interesting observation while driving to work this morning. I usually turn off engine at those signals where waiting is very long. Often when I stop and restart, the DTE figure gets reduced by 1 KM ! Anyone else has similar experience ? So I am going to rely totally on the conventional tank to tank method for FE calculation. DTE has to be taken more like a warning about refilling. Fuel gauge is good enough for that purpose, but the extras like warning light, chiming etc adds some value.

People have already pointed out about the wrong position of AC blower control. It should have been swapped with the mode control as we use the blower control more frequently. Similarly, the Tacho and Fuel has to be swapped positions ! We need to look at Tacho every now and then and the current position is not very convenient.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:33   #103
BHPian

Quote:
tj123 - I did the sun films outside as the dealer was not having RE 35 in stock. Dealer quoted 4000 for this, but I did it for 3200 from Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala. I got good reference of this place from T-BHP itself, their work is good and very professional. Now planning to do for the front glass as well. They quoted 6500 for the 3M crystalline. VCOOL will cost more, about 8K I guess.

choudharysan - Thanks for the driving tip ! I guess it is good to downshift to 1st gear, though I hate that !

Hey Revy,

can u pls give me sachin's autoshop koramangala contact number /persons name. 3200 was for all windows or side+rear? and what specs?

thanks.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:49   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Hey Revy,

can u pls give me sachin's autoshop koramangala contact number /persons name. 3200 was for all windows or side+rear? and what specs?

thanks.
Yamaha - 3200 for for all the 4 side windows + rear window. It is of grade RE35 and not very dark, within the RTO approved limits. I find it quite good. Going for very dark ones has a problem - visibility to outside during night will be affected. I will give you the contact details, their business card is left at home. Let them know that you got reference through another T-BHPian, they very much know the value of good reputation on this forum.
Old 20th April 2010, 22:02   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Yamaha - 3200 for for all the 4 side windows + rear window. It is of grade RE35 and not very dark, within the RTO approved limits. I find it quite good. Going for very dark ones has a problem - visibility to outside during night will be affected. I will give you the contact details, their business card is left at home. Let them know that you got reference through another T-BHPian, they very much know the value of good reputation on this forum.
great revy, i will wait for ur reply. also did u check out for the front windshield sunfilm? is it ok for night driving and how much does the RTO approved front sunfilm cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks