Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:08   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Mustang, why this bottom scraping issue is there in Figo? Is'nt Figo's GC 170mm compared to Fiesta 165mm..AFAIK, have'nt seen any complaints regarding this from couple of Fiesta owners in Bangalore like Shajufx & Unni. Is it something to do with suspension?
Bottom Scraping happens even on a Fusion with 198mm GC, Figo is 168mm and Fiesta 165mm. It completely depends how and when you brake when crossing a speed-breaker and it's size.

If one brakes after the front wheels have crossed over, chances are that the suspension will dip and the GC will come down resulting in scraping.

The other reason is the gigantic wheelbase of the Figo, longer than the Fusion and I think Fiesta as well. 2489mm over 2486mm, though marginal but one is a hatch and the other one a sedan. Compared to Swift at 2390mm it's way longer, which would give a great drive but also increases the Un-Spring distance between the wheels. As a result, when taken over similar ramps and humps, the Swift and others would fair better.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:17   #47
BHPian

Figo having a longer wheel base than the swift will cause more bottom scraping issue, but this will have a significant impact on the buyer's decision. So i hope that Ford will look into this issue and solve this problem. Just want to know how is VW Polo performing on the ground clearance front on bangalore roads. I think VW head was talking about this issue being handled just for the indian version of the polo in a TV show.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Figo having a longer wheel base than the swift will cause more bottom scraping issue, but this will have a significant impact on the buyer's decision. So i hope that Ford will look into this issue and solve this problem. Just want to know how is VW Polo performing on the ground clearance front on bangalore roads. I think VW head was talking about this issue being handled just for the indian version of the polo in a TV show.
Having driven the Polo for multiple test drives back to back with Figo, I felt that the German has much harder suspensions giving it a little harsher ride quality as compared to Figo. Polo wheelbase at 2456mm is also marginally shorter.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Having driven the Polo for multiple test drives back to back with Figo, I felt that the German has much harder suspensions giving it a little harsher ride quality as compared to Figo. Polo wheelbase at 2456mm is also marginally shorter.
This means that Polo should be better when it comes to ground clearance. Assuming all the cars are driven by the same driver under similar conditions and people on board with the soft/hard suspensions factored in we need to know the 'ground clearance'. I think thats how we can do some real comparison between different cars. I wonder if some one has done this analysis if so sharing that information would be helpful. Especially i am interested this information about figo,polo,swift,i20
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:45   #50
BHPian

Shouldn't this rod coming from the steering, I think, be properly covered ?.

Yet another Figo ownership thread-img_3948.jpg

I always keep hitting it while pressing the clutch. Is it one of those cost cutting measures ?
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:47   #51
BHPian

My my.. Its definitely raining Figos!

Congrats. Enjoy your new ride.

And yes, that should be definitely covered with a rubber bush kind of a thing (which fits all around the hole). Please check if the other Figos also do not have it. Plus the rubber should be acting as a plug so that water doesnot come in when driven through water and more importantly keep rats and roachs out!

Last edited by sarmarishi : 22nd April 2010 at 10:50.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Shouldn't this rod coming from the steering, I think, be properly covered ?.
I always keep hitting it while pressing the clutch. Is it one of those cost cutting measures ?
I think it is like that on all cars. At least it was the same on my earlier Fiat.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:52   #53
BHPian

In my Fiesta too it is not covered!
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:18   #54
BHPian

Excellent Choice bro!
I too made that choice. Congrats.
Here are some of my car's pictures

Added:
1 - Garware sunfilm
2 - Helix Dark Blue Bass Tube
3 - Sony 2 way amp.

Sorry, Seeing your car, couldn't resist to post mine
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Figo ownership thread-dsc_00291.jpg  

Yet another Figo ownership thread-dsc_00262.jpg  

Yet another Figo ownership thread-dsc_00273.jpg  

Yet another Figo ownership thread-dsc_00304.jpg  

Yet another Figo ownership thread-dsc_00365.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2010, 12:55   #55
BHPian

Thanks all.

@Mikon: Nice pics. You have high security number plate. How much did it cost you ?

@Gemi, @sanjayc: Does it bother you when the clutch is pressed ? Or you just got used to it.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:11   #56
BHPian

Its 1200 INR.
I know its too high. But I wanted it anyhow
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

@mikon: Excellent Pics mikon. How did you connect the bass tube? Does the stereo have a provision?

@silverknight: I just got used to it.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
@Gemi, @sanjayc: Does it bother you when the clutch is pressed ? Or you just got used to it.
I just noticed it a few days back only while cleaning the sports pedal...it never bothered me. I am used to keeping my foot more on the clutch tip than on the bar. Maybe you can push the seat slightly backwards and check. Cover or not, if you are hitting the steering column, you may need to adjust you driving position.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

For everyone complaining about scraping, complete all the braking before the front bumper crosses the speed breaker. Do not brake while in the middle. This should help to some extent.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@mikon: Excellent Pics mikon. How did you connect the bass tube? Does the stereo have a provision?

@silverknight: I just got used to it.
Thank you sir.
No, I don't think the stereo had a provision, thats why the technician used an extra connector behind the stereo for the woofer.

Sorry, I donot know much about the wiring kits

I am using a cable for the ipod.. but the music ourput is not as good as compared to the output by a CD

Most Viewed