Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 18:49   #31
BHPian

Thanks guys. Hopefully outlander becomes a more common beast
I will defenitely post some interior pics in a few days time...
Old 8th April 2010, 11:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I find the transmission kickdowns instantaneous, did not use the paddle shifters for overtaking except on a steep incline. Even in town, the CVT smoothly shifts to the right gears.
A CVT and also a paddle shift? I am a bit confused. Isn't CVT soppose to "continously vary the ratio" (read invariable number of combination) as oppose to "shift a gear". is this something different?

A nice buy. Have not seen many on road though at least in Pune. Congratulations
Old 8th April 2010, 12:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
A CVT and also a paddle shift? I am a bit confused. Isn't CVT soppose to "continously vary the ratio" (read invariable number of combination) as oppose to "shift a gear". is this something different?

A nice buy. Have not seen many on road though at least in Pune. Congratulations
onboard computer and the software mimics fixed ratios (6), when you downshift, computer lets the ECU to simply move to higher revs. It can hold the ervs to near red line before it will automatically upshift.

advantages are: you get smooth gear shifts and increased fuel economy.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:40   #34
BHPian

congratulations on your buy sknair. i saw an outlander in the showroom and i think its fabulous car, infact i am interested in purchasing a new car and its in my list of cars to buy, however i am not too sure of the HM Mitsubishi service in Mumbai and that is what is putting me off the Outlander, will maybe adopt a wait and watch approach as i only want to purchase after a month or two. any ideas of the HM service and your experience if any ?
Old 30th April 2010, 17:41   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ M00M : When HM-Mitsubishi were at Metro Motors, Opera House, their service was pretty good. My Lancer went to them through 1.0 lakh kms of its life, and I was generally satisfied with their quality of work. Now, they've leased that property out to Mercedes and moved to Atria Mall. Check if its still company owned (that is, by HM). If so, I wouldn't have any concerns at all.
Old 7th May 2010, 23:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ M00M : When HM-Mitsubishi were at Metro Motors, Opera House, their service was pretty good. My Lancer went to them through 1.0 lakh kms of its life, and I was generally satisfied with their quality of work. Now, they've leased that property out to Mercedes and moved to Atria Mall. Check if its still company owned (that is, by HM). If so, I wouldn't have any concerns at all.
Thanks GTO. however i went to the dealer and asked him and he said they have a temporary service station at andheri and are soon moving to cotton green. By the way Metro Motors is owned by Auto Hangar so they decided to move it out and bring Mercedes in due to South Mumbai location. I am also concerned now since HM has filed for help under bankruptcy. I really liked the car but bad aftersales and unconcerned attitude of sales staff put me off. what are your views ? I love the crv but its not overpriced.
Old 8th May 2010, 02:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

I was at the service station here in Delhi last week for my Cedia's first service. While generally chatting with the GM works he mentioned that three new outlets were coming up in and around Delhi. One in Okhla, one in Gurgaon and yet another one in Ghaziabad. Further the showroom in Bombay shifted to Atria mall which is also a high street address.They did it a little over an year ago when the company was already in the Red. It shows that the company is going ahead with its plans to bolster its brand. Infact the head mechanic from the service station that I went to, was travelling to Chennai to compete in an intra HM-Mitsu dealership national level skill championships.

It is normal procedure that companies becoming sick, report to BIFR. They use the exercise to restructure their debts and other liabilities, renegotiate with creditors and generally with the help of FIs make a go of standing on their own two feet again. Usually they come out of it in some span of time. Further with the Birla group owning HM, I do not think they are going to allow themselves to become the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons by having one of their companies fold up. That they might sell their stake to Mitsubishi Motor Company and exit all together is another possibility and one that is construed to be a positive move by many a member on the forum.

@MOOM If it helps HM-MITSU have two more service centres at Malad and Sanpada(New Bombay).

Last edited by khoj : 8th May 2010 at 02:20.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:02   #38
BHPian

Congrts on your buy. Very good looking SUV. Saw a black one few months back in a fuel bunk. First reaction - Wow! 2nd reaction - what vehicle is this. baby Porche Cayene / Audi / sport cars with a hatch ? Then saw the red Mitsubishi logo in the black grill. Wow again! 3rd reaction - must be imported - Damn! Only few days back came to know its sold here

Keep us posted!
Old 24th August 2010, 14:51   #39
BHPian

Hey ,

Nice pictures.

I am also a proud owner of Outalnder 2010. Bought it in June and completed 6000 kms.

It is a superb car.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hey ,

Nice pictures.

I am also a proud owner of Outalnder 2010. Bought it in June and completed 6000 kms.

It is a superb car.
Congratulations!, how is the experience sofar?
Old 25th August 2010, 22:24   #41
BHPian

Superrrb. Drove down from Mumbai to Jodhpur with an overnight halt and came back after 3 days. Pretty comfortable for self and family. I do miss the lumbar support though.

Tried the dunes... nice experience walks easy with 4x4 and lock.

cheers
Old 4th December 2013, 11:34   #42
BHPian

Long Term ownership views!

Hello All the Outlander owners.

Pls provide your take on Outlander as the primary car which a close friend and BIL is thinking of buying pre owned. He is about to finalise deal for 2010 facelift with jet fighter grill.
What are the long term ownership hassles in particular the ownership of a Mitsubishi high end car in India.
Service - A.S.S. or independent garage? Approximate damages per year on routine maintenance.

Also anything to be checked in particular post 50000 Km on odo. He believe it would deliver some 7-8 kmpl in no so dense traffic roads at his place in kokan coast.

Any niggles to look for.

Pls reply. Also grateful for rough guide on reasonable price for 2010 facelift outlander with 55k on odo.
Tried posting this in used car price check thread but no rplies hence thought of posting here as well. Hope mods won't mind.

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 4th December 2013 at 11:40. Reason: typo error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks