Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 14:23   #1
BHPian

Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …

Here it is the promised initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …

Summary
Kilometers completed : 1800 KM
Highway driving approx : 1000 KM

Fuel efficiency
Highway: 8.4 KM/L (with A/c & avg: 100 KM+ speeds)
Highway: 10.8 KM/L (with A/c & avg: 80 to 90 KM speeds)
City varies between 4.5 KM/L to 7.5 KM/L (short driving cycles with heavy traffic to normal traffic)

Good bits
extremely refined driving
very silent engine & very Low NVH levels
Grips like a leach on to the roads at highway speeds
* Low center of gravity & stance, yet very good ground clearance (215 MM)
Instant attention grabber (Evo effect)
offroading capabilities
* decent offroading capabilities for a crossover
* loved the grip & traction on our back country (unpaved roads) trip to the Lake
Very bright xenon lamps (our late evening National park drives were a breeze)
very neatly arranged dashboard and easy to read instrument & info panels
Spacious interiors
* very comfortable seating positions for 3 large adults in the back
* enormous boot space
* soft touch interiors with double tone, amplifies the space perception
Sales & Service
* Very professional sales & service
* Prompt & good quality first service from Southern motors
* additional help from Mitsubishi on queries

Bad bits
Unable to find a decent driving position for long
** No lumbar support (not even an option)
** No reach adjust for the steering column
Back is a bit low due to the spare tyre
* parking sensors can warn you when back up to a small decline

A bit more details...
Nagarhole National park & Bandipur/Mudumalai National parks
Four of my buddies and I hit the road on the long week end to Nagarhole, roads were very nice till Hunsur and decent from there to Nagarhole.
Ride was extremely satisfactory, no humps or pot holes on the roads were felt through the Outlander's suspension,
especially the potholed, park road towards HD Kotte...
switch off the A/c, roll the windows down and drive through the park, the machine is so silent, some of the animals on the road side bearly noticed the
Outlander standing a few feet away. You can see close ups (phone camera pics) of elephants, bison and even a tiger. we were all stunned to see the tiger coross
the road near Murkal just a few feet in front of us, that we forgot to click a decent pic.
Unpaved roads towards an artificial lake near Nagarhole through back country tested a bit of the evolander's offroad capabilities
(strictly no rough terrain). Had enough grip and traction to get us out of a wet patch as well.

I am extremely satisfied with the ownership experience sofar, only complaint is the Lumbar support issue.
I tried reaching Mitsubishi for some options, sofar I haven't heard anything; need to follow up. will update you guys.

Most of the people we came across at fast food outlets on the way were very curious about the looks and came upclose to see more details ...
Hope this is useful.

Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-ucar5.jpg
The single Tusker
Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-elephants.jpg
Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-ucar1.jpg
Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-bison.jpg
Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-ucar2.jpg
Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-ucar3.jpg
Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-ucar4.jpg
Look closely for that elusive cat (red circle), thats all I could manage!
Initial ownership report for the Face lifted 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander …-tiger.jpg

Happy motoring...
Old 5th April 2010, 14:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

Congrats on the car. Lovely pics.

wish you many such miles on roads and in jungles.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:53   #3
BHPian

Woah 4.5 Kmpl in City

Anyways apart from that I love the new Outlander. Awesome vehicle and my personal fav SUV at the price point.

Please do provide info on the music system and the other features of the 2010 model. And did you try out the AFS feature?

Lovely pics too!
Old 5th April 2010, 14:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the acquisition of the beast. Great pictures and review report. Good to know the 'attention grabber' part of it. the Evo effect is here to stay. Just got off the phone with Maya Motors in Chennai saying EVO and Modded Lancer coming in June. Hope the Evo creates the Re-Evolution much needed for Mitsu...
Old 5th April 2010, 15:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

WoW! that indeed is a beast. Especially when t-bhp is raining of the tiny figo's this really is a TREAT!!!
Old 5th April 2010, 15:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! love the EVO look. Great snaps too considering its taken from a mobile.

Wish you all the best!
take care and drive safe.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Great pics. Do post more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
City varies between 4.5 KM/L to 7.5 KM/L (short driving cycles with heavy traffic to normal traffic)
That is shocking.
Quote:
* Low center of gravity & stance, yet very good ground clearance (215 MM)
Back is a bit low due to the spare tyre
Do you have any pic of the ground clearance at the back? Did you find this as an issue during your off roading?
Old 5th April 2010, 16:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
Woah 4.5 Kmpl in City

Please do provide info on the music system and the other features of the 2010 model. And did you try out the AFS feature?

Lovely pics too!
Rockford music system onboard outlander is awsome, we had the music playing from outlander near the evening bonfire; which every one enjoyed.

AFS is a nice tech on the new outlander, its really useful on country roads where there is no street light (blind corners). Its default on...

btw. 4.5 kpl is in very heavy trafic and very short driving distance (under 4 KMs). else it returns a decent 7+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Do you have any pic of the ground clearance at the back? Did you find this as an issue during your off roading?
I do not have a pic, its not that bad. only issue is, since the sonar is very low on the bumper, if we back down from an incline, sonar beeps ould indicate you are going to get beached...

Once I had to come out and check to see if I would scrape the ground, was a false alaram (more than 1 feet distance)...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 6th April 2010 at 10:56. Reason: See the note at the end of your post
Old 5th April 2010, 17:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Just got off the phone with Maya Motors in Chennai saying EVO and Modded Lancer coming in June.
Are these priced anywhere near Cedia?
Old 5th April 2010, 18:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Omg! Thats one beautiful car The front lights remind me of the evo!
Could you post some pictures of the interior also?

And on road price ?

congrats again really beautiful car.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Are these priced anywhere near Cedia?
They sort of indicated the Evo to be 30 Lac'ish and the Lancer-T10 around 15 lac'ish. But, with HM/Mitsu you never know what they are up to, do you?
Old 5th April 2010, 19:11   #12
BHPian

WOOOWW! She's a beauty SK! I remember seeing an outlander in the Bandipur-Madhumalai stretch a week or two back, don't know whether it was you. Do you travel that stretch often? I was in a white bolero storm. Looking forward to more updates from you, happy motoring!
Old 5th April 2010, 19:41   #13
BHPian

What about the performance ? I'd appreciate more info on high speed stability, pick up, transmission and steering feedback please

Some of the pics are really awesome!! Which phone did u use to click the pics ?
Old 5th April 2010, 20:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! This SUV has the most aggressive front of 'em all! I'd rather like to call it EVO Outlander Could you show us some interior shots too?
Old 5th April 2010, 20:35   #15
BHPian

really aggressive styling, no nonsense "don't you dare mess with me" looks. I love the looks, really good, welcome break from add-as-many-curves-as-you-can design trends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks