Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 23:13   #16
BHPian

Congrats manumani for the City. Nice choice of color. It seems strange that your better half rejected the Linea on the basis of looks. But as they say, who can argue with the fairer sex??
Eagerly waiting for some snaps of your city.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the pics. You have made the best choice, all other are just so so, except for the Ford Fiesta 1.6, which I really love
Old 7th April 2010, 08:00   #18
BHPian

posting some pictures.

1. Elder daughter trying her luck out
2. Me doing a PDI of the car - Found some scratches on the rear window, which Honda replaced
3. Younger daughter checking out her seat

Will post some more later
Attached Thumbnails
ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-061.jpg  

ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-063.jpg  

ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-064.jpg  

ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-070.jpg  

ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-072.jpg  

ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-073.jpg  

ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-076.jpg  

ANHC - Mine is here, Finally !-car-082.jpg  

Attached Images

manumani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2010, 10:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats manumani for the City. Nice choice of color. It seems strange that your better half rejected the Linea on the basis of looks. But as they say, who can argue with the fairer sex??
Eagerly waiting for some snaps of your city.

She just liked the looks of Honda City much more. Even I felt the Honda city looked like someone had just slashed the body with a Ninja Sword. The Sharp edges and the arrow-shot design really won us over. In comparision, the Linea had more gentle slopes and broader strokes.

Funnily, my sister-in-law is also in the market for a new car, and my wife is recommending the Fiat Linea to her instead of Dzire. Talk about double-standards
Old 7th April 2010, 11:09   #20
BHPian

Yeh car looks great, and this car would bring more smiles as you go.

Happy ride.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:28   #21
BHPian

Cute daughters and great looking car. You will start loving the car more and more as you get used to the car itself. Happy and safe driving.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:24   #22
BHPian

Does anyone know of any other Brand of car seat covers ? I don't want to install 20K leather seat covers, so something in a 5-7K range (PU / Cloth) ? One of the dealers was showing me 'Dolphin' seat covers. Said that it is a good and reliable brand from Delhi (oxymoron ) .

Any other suggestions ?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
Does anyone know of any other Brand of car seat covers ? I don't want to install 20K leather seat covers, so something in a 5-7K range (PU / Cloth) ? One of the dealers was showing me 'Dolphin' seat covers. Said that it is a good and reliable brand from Delhi (oxymoron ) .

Any other suggestions ?
Hi ManuMani,

I used AutoForum seat covers on my ANHC, they are pretty decent in quality. I liked the fitting off front and arm rest as they took the shape of the seat.

Rear should have been better, but Iam happy with over all look.

You can find some snaps here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-heart-4.html

It costed me little over 6k.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi ManuMani,

I used AutoForum seat covers on my ANHC, they are pretty decent in quality. I liked the fitting off front and arm rest as they took the shape of the seat.

Rear should have been better, but Iam happy with over all look.

You can find some snaps here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-heart-4.html

It costed me little over 6k.
Since my earlier post, I've gone through the team-bhp website and found out more about art leather options. Autoforum in your car looks good, but I need to find out the dealers in my side of the town. I am also considering G-Sport now.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Questions:
Other than keeping the car below 2500 rpm and 80 kmph, are there any other precautions that I need to take during the run-in period?
Many congratulations on your new buy. You will enjoy the car much more on the highways when pursuing a long drive.

Try not to brake hard for the first 300-500 kms as advised in the manual.

On another note, if in doubt whether the engine is running or turned off, you can determine the same by looking at the RPM meter on the ODO.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:11   #26
BHPian

Manumani Congratulations for your honda city.
More happy to see a Navi Mumbaikar's thread in Team-BHP
Old 9th April 2010, 10:16   #27
BHPian

Hmm
Today morning I noticed a strange thing. Maybe the experienced BHPians can shed some light on it. I hadn't driven the car for a couple of days. Today when I went to take it out, I saw that the front disc brakes was orangish in color. When I touched it and rubbed against it, some of the color came off - looked like rust to me . However when I reached office (approx 6 kms drive), the rust seemed to have gone. I can still see some discoloration, but it is very faint.

Another thing I noted was that the disc brake was not a full smooth circle. On both the disc brakes there seemed to be a irregular edge about 4-5 inches . I am not sure if this is supposed to be normal, or if there is some defect in the brake. I couldn't take any pictures but will try and take them today evening.

I am also planning to take it to the honda dealer for a check, since he is only 1 km from my office. But wanted to get your inputs before I go there.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning I noticed a strange thing. Maybe the experienced BHPians can shed some light on it. I hadn't driven the car for a couple of days. Today when I went to take it out, I saw that the front disc brakes was orangish in color. When I touched it and rubbed against it, some of the color came off - looked like rust to me . However when I reached office (approx 6 kms drive), the rust seemed to have gone. I can still see some discoloration, but it is very faint.
I think surface rusting of the disk is common, since the disk is made of cast iron. If you have not used the car for a long time and you plan to take it out, instantly when you break you will get a screatching noise when you break, this is because of the surface rust being scraped by the break shoes. This again is normal. It is advised to keep the disk free from water content as a preventive measure when you know that you will keep the car idle for a long time.

Quote:
Another thing I noted was that the disc brake was not a full smooth circle. On both the disc brakes there seemed to be a irregular edge about 4-5 inches . I am not sure if this is supposed to be normal, or if there is some defect in the brake. I couldn't take any pictures but will try and take them today evening.
Not sure what you are speaking here, can you post some pics?
Old 15th April 2010, 20:21   #29
BHPian

Got my tank filled for the first time after I got the car (not counting the tank-ful I got as soon as I left the showroom). From auto-cut to auto-cut, distance traveled =437.2 Km. Fuel consumed = 33.6L

Average = 13.01
Average displayed = 13.7
Error = -0.7

Not bad eh ! I am developing an annoying habit of looking at the displayed average every time I drive.

I am taking the car out for its first highway drive - Navi Mumbai to Bhimashankar & back this weekend. Approx 250 Kms each way. Should get a good number on the highway average. After that, it's off to the service station for its first service.

Couple of things I've noted so far
* Car seems to start moving as soon as I engage the gear, even if my foot is not on the accelerator. Is this OK ? Or is the engine revving too high ?
* Clutch seems to be hard. It goes down a bit, then I encounter a resistance before It goes down smoothly again. Is this normal ? My zen does not have any such problems.

Getting g-sport covers fitted this weekend in Andheri. Special thanks to Raj for tips on discounts. Will post pics after the seat covers have been installed.
Old 16th April 2010, 09:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Got my tank filled for the first time after I got the car (not counting the tank-ful I got as soon as I left the showroom). From auto-cut to auto-cut, distance traveled =437.2 Km. Fuel consumed = 33.6L

Average = 13.01
Average displayed = 13.7
Error = -0.7

Not bad eh ! I am developing an annoying habit of looking at the displayed average every time I drive.
Great first average. After about four months of ownership and most of my driving limited to within Hyderabad city with 100% AC usage, my cars average fuel consumption comes to around 10 kmpl.

Quote:
* Car seems to start moving as soon as I engage the gear, even if my foot is not on the accelerator. Is this OK ? Or is the engine revving too high ?
This does happen, was the same with my Santro.

Points to note:

1. The idle RPM count is usually around 700-750 without any manual acceleration.
2. When you start the engine after a while(say for the first time in the morning), the RPM count hovers around 1200-1250 until the blue colored (engine cold) indicator turns itself off. The engine is trying to warm itself up and hence the high RPM.

Quote:
* Clutch seems to be hard. It goes down a bit, then I encounter a resistance before It goes down smoothly again. Is this normal ? My zen does not have any such problems.
Well, some T-BHPian ANHC owners including I have faced issues with the clutch while trying to shift to the 2nd gear from higher gears. This was resolved by clutch bleeding in the 1st or 2nd service for most of us.

I am not sure if your issue is similar in nature. The 1st service should take care of the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks